Red Steel? Wii? Which is it man!?!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm... yes, we know it's official ...

It's just creepy how they named it "wii" i mean c'mon! Just call it "Stick your plug in here" with an arrow pointing toward every hole in the console. At least that's not as sexual as "wii"

you see there is a story behind all this, I used to call it my "weewee" then it transformed into "The pelvic punisher"- I don't want the revolution bringing me back to my childhood years, I want to kill and blow **** up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to kill and blow **** up, why are you even concerned about the Revo's name? Go get a 360 or save up for a ps3.

Nintendo's ingenuity never ceases to amaze. First, it was the most brilliant controller ever conceived and now they've taken the whole "Next-Gen" thing to the even more next level with the unveiling of its official name: "Wii". I wonder if Microsoft and Sony can catch up now that Nintendo has made and named the first Nexter-Gen console in human history.

Any who, I hate the name and I hate the fact that several nintendo fanboys I know haven't stopped complaining to me about the name. Sure, these fanboys are my friends, but no one's perfect right? The God Emperor has to make exceptions sometimes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or nintendo can catch up and make some money and more games.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as Nintendo is all about family, lollipops, sunshine, rainbows and unicorns, I don't think we'll be seeing too many violent games on the Wii.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Any who, I hate the name and I hate the fact that several nintendo fanboys I know haven't stopped complaining to me about the name. Sure, these fanboys are my friends, but no one's perfect right? The God Emperor has to make exceptions sometimes.
Blasphemy.

i'm a bit dissapointed by the name - When I first saw it, i had no idea how it was supposed to be pronounced. thats .... not good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I was reading some speech made by someone during the unveiling and he kept saying **** like "Wii can do it!" and "Its not about you or me. It's up Wii. Together, Wii can make it happen." Basically, replace Wii with We and you'll end up with what Nintendo is trying to get at. Lets do everything together.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, to help ease the sillyness that is the Wii, take a look at the bottom of this page.

http://1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=3&cId=3149198

Apparantly 1up knows what the final secret is, and it's even more intriguing than the controller. That's some good news.

Now about the Wii. I do still think it's pretty weird, and I giggle like a little girl everytime I say it, but I have to be honest, even in this short amount of time, It doesn't seem as insane to me as it did when I first saw it. So ya, it's probably one of the weirdest names i've ever heard, but I still think that it's gonna sound fairly normal once everyone gives it some time to settle in.

But until then, let us make as many penis jokes as possible!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eventually, people will say "Hey, wanna come to my house and Wii?" or "Let's Wii!" I can guarantee it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry, but I really fail to see how people are putting so much emphasis on the name, alone. I, for one, found the name "GameBoy" to be incredibly awful, but the system, itself, was a monumental success, even when Sega, Neo Geo, and others tried to step into the portable industry.

Frankly, I don't think the unveiling of the console's actual name will have much bearing on its success, nor do I find any grounding in the propagation of the "family, lollipops, sunshine, rainbows and unicorns" (not meaning to single you out, Zeo - you just compressed it all into a very convenient list, heh), as several titles for the GCN as well as the proposed Red Steel for the Wii speak to the contrary.

At the end of the day, as long as it doesn't stop Retro from making another Metroid title, I can care less what they call the system.

EDIT - though I do agree that the statements made during the unveiling of the name were.... odd (ie: "Wii will break down the wall, Wii will put people more in touch with their games" etc.)

EDIT #2 - I also just noticed that in the article quoted above, another person mentioned that he hated the name "GameBoy". Just to clarify, I didn't actually notice that before I made my post.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm...How can this be used in a non-phallus manner...

"Ay yo, wii it up!"
"Gonna get my wii on"
"wii for life"
"wii all that"
"rated T for the (nintendo) wii"
"double U, double I" (Hey not bad)

Well, I suppose it's an alright name, kinda wish it was more conventional, but like Majin_You said, if the games are great, the name doesn't matter to me.

Best answers
Hash said:
But until then, let us make as many penis jokes as possible!
Oh...shut it Hash...don't support these jokes or they"ll never stop with them. I want to atleast have one forum i can go to without seeing those childish disgusting jokes everywhere. Everyone's going crazy about this, and it's such a cute name so i don't understand why exactly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg, kinda off-topic, but I thought I should mention this. In that link I posted, it originally said that 1up knew what the final secret was and that it was the most intriguing aspect of the Wii. But now it says "And while we don't have all the details, we've heard that what's in store is rather exciting indeed."

Why did it change? Did they reveal too much info? Sorry for being off-topic, but I just had ot say it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Maji: The GC had Resident Evil 4, but that doesn't make it any less of a family console. I sincerely doubt Nintendo is ready to catch up with the times just because it has a game that let's you shoot your gun sideways.

Fair enough, but the PS2 had its fair share of E-rated titles, as well. Both can find plenty of welcome in the average American family room. But, yes, the GCN, overall, did have a decent amount of titles that'd move it into the family setting. However, until Metroid moves away from Nintendo (which it can't, really), I must abide by them. ~Maj

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Concerning the whole final secret thing, I wonder if the bigwigs at Microsoft and Sony know what the final secret is.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Concerning the whole final secret thing, I wonder if the bigwigs at Microsoft and Sony know what the final secret is.
I'm pretty sure they know as much as we do. As far as competition is concerned, if they are smart they won't want anyone stealing their ideas. That is, if the idea is worth stealing. Or if it's even theirs to begin with.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Informants are everywhere. I'm sure they have an idea as to what this surprise is.

Best answers
Nintendo DS Commercial: "Touching is good"

Nintendo Wi Commercial: "Touching each other is good"

man oh man that is some funny ****

Best answers
Wii sounds weird indeed... well to some. I like the name. It's a step away from "ordinary Titles". Ps, PSX, PS2, PS3? Xbox, Xbox 360?
NES
SNES
N64
GB
GBA
DS
GBM (Game Boy Micro)
DSL (DS light)
GCN
Wii

I say Nintendo knows what it is doing. It currently owns the internet. People will talk about it and unerstand the concept. I see no wrong here except for the name. We all had to deal with crazy names. This is no exception, I assure you but still A name is a name as long as you consider it.

Alright enough ranting... PUN TIME!
The Wii will come in Yellow and White.
Don't forget, it isn't the size of your Wii that matters, only the way you use it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God these "jokes" are getting annoying (honestly, there not even funny)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't it called the 'Nintendo: GO!' not too long ago? Why can't they make up their damn minds?

The 'Wii' makes me not like it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom