Recovering from melee

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it annoying when I get hit up in the air and then I automatically start flying. I was just wondering what people would think of an idea to make recovering into 2 decisions.
1. Recover by doing a straight struggle against the force which would stop you in mid air flying. This would be primary fire.
2. Recover by gaining control over your falling. This way when you get hit you can recover and charge a beam or target melee while still falling in the direction that you got hit in.

I would just find this a bit better considering it would open up some new strategy.

Best answers
a good idea very origanal.. i like lets hope the team notice this thread u get my vote :yes:

Best answers
Yes because anyone who has watched the shows probabaly have noticed that when two people melee each other, theres usually like 10 - 20 hits from both chars then someone gets knocked to the ground. Good suggestion :yes:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well, you never know, it might be changed in 1.2, it might not, keep in mind that melee is going to be redone.

Personally, I like your idea, it's a pretty nice one.

but I think a struggle against teh force would take longer to recover than the current system though.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the idea of falling would just open things up... Like in 1.2 you can wall jump. So say you get hit into the air, you use the alternate recover (so that you gain control of where your going but you don't lose momentum), and then you wall jump off the wall that the other guy tried to hit you into.

Best answers
Very nice idea indeed , but i dont get the control part 100%

How exactly would you control it?

Best answers
He means you keep falling in the direction you were hit in, except you can charge a beam or wall jump or something.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Primary fire would do what we currently have. Alternative fire would simply gain control and your body would continue moving in the direction it was going. This way you could wall jump or charge a beam like myself and jedi said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom