Randomize Hit and Run Melee?

Best answers
Could the old melee, the swoop and hit melee, be randomized. Like, ok, example, Goku always drop kicks. Could that be randomized between 3 different drop down moves? Like; Double fist slam (like vegeta), one fist flying straight upside down punch, and, just his normal drop kick?

Can normal melee be randomized like that?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The hit animations depend on which swoop direction you press. For example, a straight hit with Goku will do a kick animation, but a down swoop, Crouch;Crouch will do a two armed blow down ( I think)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he means the directions of hits, there always the same. He ios asking if you could make more than one animations for that hit direction.

Ex: hit down animation is always same, he means like 3 different animations for that hit, and randomly pick one to use, so it doesnt look so repetitive

Best answers
Well, somethin like this, to livin it up:

Then goes like this:

Maybe add that in as either a move, or, as a random "hit and run" melee hit. Or, maybe, to hit guys that you have your back to while flying backwards(double tap down arrow/s) which ever your controls are.

Best answers
try and make it...it is fun doing that...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it would mean an insane amount of extra work for the animator(s).

Currently, theres one animation for weak punch, punch, strong punch, weak kick, kick and strong kick

Now if there was 3x the animations, that would be 3x strong punch, 3x weak punch etc...18x attack animations, per character, plus new block and dodge animations to block and dodge the new attacks, and lots of testing so that all the animations fit together and sync.

Sounds like a lot of work :p I think the team have a few more priorities, like v1.3.

(P.S Shouldn't this be in suggestions?)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Well it would mean an insane amount of extra work for the animator(s).

Currently, theres one animation for weak punch, punch, strong punch, weak kick, kick and strong kick

Now if there was 3x the animations, that would be 3x strong punch, 3x weak punch etc...18x attack animations, per character, plus new block and dodge animations to block and dodge the new attacks, and lots of testing so that all the animations fit together and sync.

Sounds like a lot of work :p I think the team have a few more priorities, like v1.3.

(P.S Shouldn't this be in suggestions?)
I think he means simple melee animations should be randomized, possibly directions as well. Randomization of direction wouldn't work well because you need to know where you're hitting your opponent. Randomizations of animations wouldn't work very well unless you had some randomization of direction.

Best answers
Well, i dont know what you mean by direction, but, what i ment was that. Ok, example: Goku always uses the drop kick when ever you hit someone on the head when your flying down at them. Maybe make him do what Vegeta's hit down move is, the double fist puch or something, bot hands come together and become a big fist, or w/e. And then have Vegeta's hit down be randomized between a drop kick and the double fist hit.

And yes, this is for simple melee. The swoop and hit melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, all he means is like 3 different animations to hit down. 3 to hit to the side, 3 to hit back, and 3 to hit up.

Im just giving a number, but it can be any number (2,3,4,ect.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh right, sorry. By swoop and hit melee I thought you meant Advanced melee seeing as you have to swoop into them...

In that case I think it's a great idea! It would only need 2 more animations per character and it would look better than the same one each time.

Currently theres one for basic melee on the ground, and one for it in the air. I think maybe having an opposite for each too. (like an uppercut and a high kick for the ground, and a dropkick and the slice punch [post #4] for the air)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom