Random Question - YAY!

Best answers
Ok, I know this is a weird question, but I didn't have anything else to do at this point time, sooo... Why not ask you people?

Does anybody know if exposure to moon light actually makes you paler? I've heard it has, but I kind of doubt it...

Is there like such a thing as a MOON TAN?!?! That'd be sweet...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg thats so interesting. I have no clue ... Great thing to be on about though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting, wouldn't the (reduced) light of the sun bouncing off the moon nullify the UV rays? I'll look into it. I don't think a moon tan would be possible, because the light shining from the moon is many times less that of the sun.

You know, I read somewhere that starlight gives you cancer, but then again what doesn't nowadays.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, Couldn't make you paler unless I guess you only went outside when there was moonlight. But the moon wouldn't be the cause of your paleness anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As most said, it can't make you get any paler. If anything it may tan you a bit, unnoticeably. It's still sunlight, just that it's being reflected off of the moon's surface.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once the suns rays bounce from the sun onto the earth I doubt they are still in the UV wavelength. If anything you'll get some IR band light mixed with high band visual (like pale blue . . .) that quickly cools as it passes onto the non lit earth.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think i learnt something like this in science last week , interesting , though the scary things that have to do with moons (wolfs and apes , that scares the complete crap outta me) plus it promotes night life aswell , come to think of it thou , most night life can see in day , thou it may be hard to because of the light difference you get from a sun and a moon (no , i'm not sayying wolves and crap have bad eye sight , in general i'm talking about things like maybe some birds and or reptiles , ack , just a theroy , don't mind me taking the thread on a jungle horror ride with a accident)

Best answers
So is it possible, over a long period time, to get tanned by moon light? If yes, would it be different from a sun tan?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
i think i learnt something like this in science last week , interesting , though the scary things that have to do with moons (wolfs and apes , that scares the complete crap outta me) plus it promotes night life aswell , come to think of it thou , most night life can see in day , thou it may be hard to because of the light difference you get from a sun and a moon (no , i'm not sayying wolves and crap have bad eye sight , in general i'm talking about things like maybe some birds and or reptiles , ack , just a theroy , don't mind me taking the thread on a jungle horror ride with a accident)

that made absolutely NO sense at all =o

the moon does do some crazy things, in combination with the sun though, like our tides :)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you were to be tanned by it, it would be the same as a normal tan since your body would react in the same way. Only way you'd get pale would be because you're not in the sunlight ever.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
I have never seen such an incoherent attempt at communication in my life.

Dare I ask you rephrase that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom