Quick Question

Best answers
Okay I downloaded like 20 fonts and I put them all into my Windows>fonts folder and I have restarted my pc, Now I started up photoshop and when I went to look for the fonts they werent there, Anyone know why they arent there? Anyway for me to get them there?

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, go to My Computer and browse your hard drive. Get to the Windows folder, and then to the fonts folder (should be C:\WINDOWS\Fonts). Check to see that the fonts you put there are actually font files, and not zipped archives. ;) If you find the files in the folder, then either way you should be good next time you open up Photoshop, since you've viewed the fonts in the Fonts folder.

Best answers
I have done everything correctly but for some reason they just arent showing up in photoshop, I have rebooted twice and nothing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are in alphabetical order soo.....You'lle have to like memorize all of them or something. Just open up the folder and look and look in ps the same time.

Best answers
Altec said:
They are in alphabetical order soo.....You'lle have to like memorize all of them or something. Just open up the folder and look and look in ps the same time.
I just finished doing this and I still cant find them, Its like photoshop isnt taking the fonts or something.

Retired
Best answers
you sure you have true type fonts etc? no fonts meant for the mac? Cause mac fonts don't work on windows.

Best answers
why are you going through all the folders.... just go to control pannel and click fonts and drag em in there itll ask you if you want to install them you say yes and then everything works... oh and make sure its not mac fonts like judge said, cause obviously them fonts dont work.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to off-topic, (You'll get more help here anyways.)

Best answers
Well if it's in the "windows" folder than you're running Win9x/ME and in those versions of the OS there is a limit to the amount of fonts you can have. I don't remember the number. You could also try Adobe Type Manager if you have access to it, that organizes fonts pretty well.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IsrAlien said:
why are you going through all the folders.... just go to control pannel and click fonts and drag em in there itll ask you if you want to install them you say yes and then everything works... oh and make sure its not mac fonts like judge said, cause obviously them fonts dont work.
That's what I told him in a PM he sent me... I guess it didn't work :rolleyes: Crazy old kids and their font...

Best answers
IsrAlien said:
w00t! This method works for me and It is very easy, Thanks. To the mods that watch other signatures threads, You may close this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom