Questions on CCI

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is there somewhere a more advanced Tutorial on CCI, or at least a list of functions + their Arguments?

The basic Tutorial included with CCI helps at the beginning but a lot of questions will be unanswered.

Does anybody know any of this?:

How *exactly* does damage work? Yeah, there is a damage formula (which i understand how it works), but how does Damage Radius work?
The function "setWeaponXPM( float );" seems only to change the graphical radius of an explosion. Is there a way to manipulate the damage radius?

What exactly do the ATK% and DEF% values of a ECX char do?
Do they increase all damage (beam+melee) or reduce all incoming damage by the given % ? Just Melee?
I tried setting ATK to 10000.0, didn't seem to do anything?

Are there somewhere sources of complex Chars/specials available?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as i know the actual damage radius is capped in ECX. To prevent the whole "Lets kill the entire server off with a single generic beam when in SSJ3 form"

I do think there is a svar multiplier that kinda does it instead. Sadly i dont know what it is.

As for the attack or defense % thing. Personally i think thats only part of melee combat. But heck i never used the CCI. Might want to ask Raven about it, since he is the one who was in charge of ECX.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only thing you can change is the explosion radius of a beam attack there is no way to change the damage output of the beams there set in the core Code of ecx i beleve

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
atk% and def% is indeed only for melee actions.
Since you can change the atk% in the core.weapon for beams and blast in damage formula.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i believe setweaponDMG can moderately change damage for beams

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom