Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The saiyan PL thing was just an unnecessary idea to keep in line with the series. Sensu were so advantageous -because- they were saiyans and got stronger after healing from near death. No one else besides the Z fighters ever ate them. Cell and Buu could regenerate anyway (why cant cell regenerate in esf? overabundance of moves?).

I think Nix has the best sensu method, but there should be a cvar/option to switch sensu on or off.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The saiyan PL thing was just an unnecessary idea to keep in line with the series. Sensu were so advantageous -because- they were saiyans and got stronger after healing from near death. No one else besides the Z fighters ever ate them. Cell and Buu could regenerate anyway (why cant cell regenerate in esf? overabundance of moves?).

I think Nix has the best sensu method, but there should be a cvar/option to switch sensu on or off.
Cell could not regenerate. He could regrow arms and legs. But he couldnt actually heal himself. Buu on the other hand healed Babidy after Piccolo sliced him in two.

Oh and Cell did eat a senzu bean.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yes he did eat one after fighting goku didnt he? Before Gohan took the bag back if i remember. How is regeneration of limbs [and the entire body on one occasion] any different from healing from near death? Convenient plot turns just meant he only attempted to heal himself after a sufficient injury. He was simply less efficient when compared to Buu thats all. It would cost him more energy to heal his bruises than to simply steal the sensu from the Z Fighters. I suppose you are right though, since the energy cost of healing when bruised and beaten should be less than being almost obliterated...meh

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes Nixanthros i like the suggestion too. BUT "sensu beams are everywere?" like many spread up on the map? One of the main problems is that sensu beams cant be on the map because if someone know all the places were they are it would be unbalanced EXCEPT:
Is it possible that a sensu bean can appear at a randoom place, in the higher level of a map (like 1 inch from the siling), and then by gravity fall verticaly until it finds ground? That way sensu would allways be at a randoom place and would not get stuck below the map because would allways come from above. Is it possible?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes Nixanthros i like the suggestion too. BUT "sensu beams are everywere?" like many spread up on the map? One of the main problems is that sensu beams cant be on the map because if someone know all the places were they are it would be unbalanced EXCEPT:
Is it possible that a sensu bean can appear at a randoom place, in the higher level of a map (like 1 inch from the siling), and then by gravity fall verticaly until it finds ground? That way sensu would allways be at a randoom place and would not get stuck below the map because would allways come from above. Is it possible?
It doesn't need to be in a random place. If you're forced to wait X amount of minutes, you're going to be dealing with a lot of vultures who also want them. In other words, you're going to be forced to fight. You can wait around for the sensu if you want, but you're going to have to earn the right to take it.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
But if it appears in a complitely randoom place you wont see the flys always going together to the same places.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you'd see flies avoiding fights, constantly searching for sensu beans.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
NOO, i dont agree, i think I would see people not carying about sensu beans as they do when they know were it is going to born

Best answers
maybe the senzu beans can only be accessed when you have a certain kill limit, e.g the senzu bean maybe visible but it wont be accessible when i have 5 kills? im not sure if this was the same idea listed above but it seems posible

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
NOO, i dont agree, i think I would see people not carying about sensu beans as they do when they know were it is going to born
In 1.1, very few people actually went after the sensu beans on riverside. Why? Because they were too busy fighting getting in each others way. Why should 1.3 be any different? Sensus aren't a big deal and they won't and shouldn't be on every map.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Firslty, you cant really get it to spawn at a purely random place i dont think. From what ive seen of the HL engine and mapping, it can only select a location at random from a number of preset locations.

Also I thought 1.3 was going to go by PL not frags? Since you have to die before a sensu can be used, and the game is scored by PL, this should make things more competitive in a good way.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
In 1.1, very few people actually went after the sensu beans on riverside. Why? Because they were too busy fighting getting in each others way. Why should 1.3 be any different? Sensus aren't a big deal and they won't and shouldn't be on every map.
That changed in 1.2 when people were given the freedom of swooping anywhere they wanted.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That changed in 1.2 when people were given the freedom of swooping anywhere they wanted.
Riiight, and now 1.3's swooping allows even more freedom because of its speed and not taping twice to move diretion.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
1 more question. Is it going to be possible to choose a buddy only? Like you are a-18, call a-17, switch to a-17, press descend button and keep 1-17 only. It would be nice.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm.. I really don't get what you're saying. Are you asking if you're able to play as your buddy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom