Question about Youtube.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some reason, when viewing my own videos on my own channel, the videos are choppy.

When viewed outside my channel, they're fine. I have no idea what's causing this and from what I hear, other people have no problems viewing videos on my channel.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? :(

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not experiencing any problems either (through watching videos in your channel and my own).

Though, I think I experienced a similar problem some time ago. Though, all I did to fix it was by closing the browser window, waiting a few minutes and opening a new one.

If anything, the videos didn't load properly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've tried it several times over the last few days now, I can't think of anything that's causing this.

Especially because when played outside my channel they're fine. :(

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try this:

Click on your username at the top of any page on YouTube and click on "Account" from the drop-down box. From there, click on "Playback Setup" and under "Video Playback Quality," select "I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video." Click on the "Save Settings" button and see if that fixes the problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried that just now, it didn't work. :(

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What internet browser do you use? Does the same problem occur in other internet browsers?

Edit

Have you tried clearing your cookies, history, temporary files, etc?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you watch a video make sure it's starts from the very beginning so it downloads the video especially with 720p and 1080p or you'll get tons of choppiness.

and nice videos mate. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What internet browser do you use? Does the same problem occur in other internet browsers?

Edit

Have you tried clearing your cookies, history, temporary files, etc?
I use IE (I know, I know) and I clean all of that regularly. No idea if it does the same on other browsers, but it's weird that it only does it inside my own channel and not outside of it.

Lith, thanks, and yeah, I do let them load from the beginning. That doesn't seem to be the problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just tried like 10 different channels. I think there was like 1 that wasn't choppy. It's only when viewing directly through channels. Direct Youtube links are no problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you watch a video make sure it's starts from the very beginning so it downloads the video especially with 720p and 1080p or you'll get tons of choppiness.

and nice videos mate. :p
I get that all the tiem
Try changing the browser.. might work then

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just tried like 10 different channels. I think there was like 1 that wasn't choppy. It's only when viewing directly through channels. Direct Youtube links are no problem.
A few minutes ago, I tried watching a video through your channel with Internet Explorer and, interestingly enough, it was choppy.

I'm looking around on Google for a possible solution (other than changing internet browsers), but I haven't found any yet.

Though, make sure your flash players are up-to-date.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll update my Flash Player right now, it seems to be an IE problem though. Maybe it's time I made the switch. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should have made the switch a long time ago...Is it only choppy for you in HD though? Or also in SD? Youtube in HD requires sick amounts of processing power. I can watch high quality 1080p movies on my laptop, but it struggles with 1080p Youtube for some reason.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah it was also choppy in SD.

Avenger helped me setting up Firefox properly and I have to admit I'm not disappointed. The choppiness is also gone. I guess it's some IE problem, somewhere. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom