question about the andriods

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unknown. The short span of their intorduction till the end of Z is not enough to notice and GT is totall bul**** so we really cant tell. But since Gero did use humans and enhanced them that means they should age normally.

Best answers
Im preety sure i made a post in here about why 16 isnt a cyborg. So a small recap. 16 is primarily a robot who has tissue on him. Hes like Data from star track and the terminator. Those are all androids. Mascheenes created to mimic humans. 17 and 18 were originally human beeings and got "upgraded" with artificial parts making them cyborgs.
I'm not arguing just for the sake of arguing.. but using your logic, 16 and a T-800 are all technically Cyborgs. Whether it's primarily organic with some cybernetic parts, or primarily cybernetic with an organic covering, it's still classified as a cyborg.

True, Androids are used to mimic a human, but they can only be classified as an android if there is no organic tissue used in the production. Much like a surrogate. If an "android" has an organic covering, technically it'd be classified as a cyborg. Get what I'm saying?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not arguing just for the sake of arguing.. but using your logic, 16 and a T-800 are all technically Cyborgs. Whether it's primarily organic with some cybernetic parts, or primarily cybernetic with an organic covering, it's still classified as a cyborg.

True, Androids are used to mimic a human, but they can only be classified as an android if there is no organic tissue used in the production. Much like a surrogate. If an "android" has an organic covering, technically it'd be classified as a cyborg. Get what I'm saying?
From Dictionary.com:

cy⋅borg

–noun
a person whose physiological functioning is aided by or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic device.
Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cyborg

an-droid

-noun
an automaton in the form of a human being.
Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/android

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically in startrack terms. The Borg are cyborgs and Data is an android ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom