question about dreams...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok this is a simple question about dreams/nightmares

err well nightmares i guess, when your having a bad dream, do you have your balance? like, if i'm trying to get away from something i cant run away or i'll fall down, or like today i had a dream where i tried to get away on a motorcycle, but i couldnt go fast becaue the bike sucked and i couldnt keep my balance or i'd fall over.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends. Nightmares usually involve me struggling or running away from somebody, but being gimped in one way or another. Like I can hit the guy square on in the nose with a punch that I've really winded back, but it will not phase him. Or, I'll have a hard time keeping my eyes open. Or I'll hav a ****ty sense of balance.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Maybe you loosing your balance is a sign of you being afraid to fail something, or maybe relationship problems, remember, dreams are usually a vent for the mind to deal with stress.

I remember when I was younger I always had nightmares about being chased by dogs and getting torn apart by them, this was because I was bitten twice by dogs, and developed a slight phobia of them, but I got over it, and stopped having those nightmares.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have like... random dreams. that was the first one i had like that for a while.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well it could be anything really, the human mind is still a mystery, it could be something you read and you didn't understand, maybe it's related to a sudden change in your life or something, dreams are usually speculated, I guess it's all up to person having the dreams to decipher them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my nightmares are mostly about fighting ._. but then something happends to a friend of mine, not me....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I heard once on a tv show, that if you're in a dream and you realise that you're dreaming and it's not real(trust me, this is hard to do, but you can train yourself to do this), then you can control the dream as you wish then you'll probably never have nightmares again.

Although I think this is just someone theory or something like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are called 'lucid' dreams. They're dreams where you're more or less aware of what's going on, and you have the ability to control the dream.

They're rare, but tons of fun. <3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TO answer your question, yes. one had a dream where something was about to hit me, and I tried to kick it out of the way...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lucid dreams are very vivid compared with normal dreams and are remembered by your conscious mind. It's more than simply being aware of the dream.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol ok this ****ty little storry im about to tell is 100% true
i once had a dream i think i was 7 or 8 ish and i was being chased by a guy that looked like the traitor of RE1 and mr smith 1 when he almost got me i jumped and i flew like 10 km and landed on a bus (please keep in mind back then there was no matrix) then when i looked he was gone then i jumped of the bus walked down the street around the corner and he cut me across the chest and i woke up...adrenaline filled and my shirt was bloody like a big blood spot in the shirt i pput it out and i has a REAL CUT on my left upper part of my torso i still have a slight scar of it to this day...this dream has always kept me busy it was a dream right so why can i be physicly hurt....this still haunts me to this day...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, dreams can kick ass, if it's a good one/if you know you are dreaming.

I have had the same problem as you. If I am attacking someone with a punch or running away, I will be very slow and weak. It's probably just one of the aspects that makes a nightmare negative.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol dude i was like trying to drive a motorcycle, and for one i've never rode one before, and 2, it was like small, so when i tried to speed up, there were like winding snake roads... so i couldnt go fast or i'd like lose my balance and stuff, it was wierd.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i guess dreams are linked to the whole deja vu thing.

my own theory is that we live in like, a lag buffer if you will ;). where, things that you feel, or sense, or experiance "now" actually happened hours, or even days ago. and that the sensations we feel are a result of how our mind has been able to interperate them.
that our dreams are what happens when our brain is trying to sift through it all and make sense of it.

in that way, its possible to "see the future". because youve already experianced it, your mind might just be able to sort it out faster than it will then replay it back to you, so you think youve already seen something happen.

i dunno, im weird...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, i had this dream about one week ago. My reflexes were like 15x slower than what they should have been, well just to put it short i got stabbed in the throat. It hurt like hell, untill i started to black out, and one sec later i woke up. Boy was i glad that it was a dream

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
nice little theory, but i've heard it somewhere
your kidding? i made that theory up on a drunken night out with my best friend haha!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
in that way, its possible to "see the future".
You?ve been able to see inda future,OMFGMYPANTSGOTWET!

never did for me >_< all i had was maybe a dream wich even in anyway didnt came true.

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
ok this is a simple question about dreams/nightmares

err well nightmares i guess, when your having a bad dream, do you have your balance? like, if i'm trying to get away from something i cant run away or i'll fall down, or like today i had a dream where i tried to get away on a motorcycle, but i couldnt go fast becaue the bike sucked and i couldnt keep my balance or i'd fall over.
If you have a clean conscience or no stress... you wont get nightmares, infact you probably wont dream at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like to dream though, i just think about something nice until i fall asleep, like girls for instance, then when i'm actually asleep its all good and dandy, and i wake up refreshed.

ever have those dreams where your with some1 you know, but you cant remember what they look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom