PSP Problems Already..

Best answers
So what other features does the PSP have aside from playing PSP games and looking nifty? I mean, suppose I buy a PSP... What else can I do with it?

(By features, I mean things intended to be in there, so no, "lol well one of the features is that IT SUCKS ROFL" please)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, the PSP is supposed to be like an mp3 player, and supposed to be able to play movies, which is one of the main reasons I would get it. The DS is impressive and all, but none of those "neat" little features really interest me. I'm more in it for the selection of games, and the graphics that the little peice of hardware can support. I'm sure the DS will have some good games on it, but for the most part, I didn't spend $150 to play a bunch of mario games, and most likely another line of classic games re-released. -_-

I'm not a fanboy either, my current favorite system is the PS2, however, my all-time favorite system was the super nintendo, so don't think that I don't give nintendo credit. I'm not biased against nintendo or anything, I just think that it's time that someone finally takes nintendo down in the portable gaming system market.

Best answers
Both consoles will have their perks, DS has the cool double screen and neat little touch screen, not to mention ive heard the wireless gaming absolutely slays. Game library will be ginourmous for the DS as well.

PSP will have movies, mp3s, probably alot of conversions from ps1 games etc.

Its all preference. Personally i think DS will win a console was because of the GBA base and i think the touch screen is alot more innovative. Not too mention i think the portable gaming communitee is geared to younger kids in general. I mean how many 20 year old men do you see walking around with a gameboy advance? Not too many. I think culturally having a videogame system at home is still alot more acceptable then a portable one for older gamers. Plus with cell phone games and ipod games and such theres already a crowd for older games with things like these.

Both consoles will suffer due to a lack of analog stick in my opinion as 3d adventure games just arnt the same without one (and the thumb boot for the DS is a little iffy)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the reason you dont see 20 year old men walkign around with the gameboy is becuase the gameboy itself is geared toward kids, not the whole portable gaming market. Techincally nintendo is the whole portable gaming market right now, but sony will change that. This is why I think the PSP will have the advantage, how many older men do you see with mp3 players? A lot. Do you think if they had a portable movie player that they would have those as well? Of course they would, not only are there those two features, but now, we're going to have a selection of PS type games to go along with it, games that are aimed for a higher age group. This is definately going to sell well, in my opinion it'll probably rise above the DS, but it's not going to be easy. Right now nintendo has a tight grip on the balls of the market, but I think Sony could pry their hand off.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
so? every lcd screen in the universe can be effected by dead pixels

and the psp has the ability to play music and movies

however no movie company has actually signed on to do movies or tv shows or anything so its a useless feature atm
Obviously, I was only showing that the Nintendo DS is also having proplems. Jeez :rolleyes:

Best answers
Thats why i went Nintendo for my life. its sooooooo ,much more reliable and how my jobs gonna come in handy i buying the DS (WEEEEE gotta wait after teh holidays \o/). Cant wait for that... AND I JUST BOUGHT THE SP!!!!! COOL!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Robby said:
Thats why i went Nintendo for my life. its sooooooo ,much more reliable and how my jobs gonna come in handy i buying the DS (WEEEEE gotta wait after teh holidays \o/). Cant wait for that... AND I JUST BOUGHT THE SP!!!!! COOL!
Why would you buy the SP if you are gonna get the DS, seems like a bad desicision.

Best answers
Out of curiosity are the UMD discs the only way to play movies on the psp? And does anyone know the selection of movies being made in UMD Format (aside from FF AC)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I looked at the exampled PSP at walmart lastweek, I perfer Nintendo DS. PSP thumbs down.

Best answers
Magus said:
Haven't tried either one. But I'm hoping to get a DS. I was also more of a GCN/Xbox fan over a ps2 :p

Magie-Poo...I'm so ashamed....*hangs head*

Hoping for a PsP and Ds, myself.

Wonder when Microsoft are going to unvail their "Xtot, the B*****d child of the Xbox.*

Incase you havent figured it out, i'm none too keen on Microsoft, at all.

Go Go Linix..

Go Go Mac...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
The real question is: So what?
I dunno, Ejecting is a pretty mayjor problem. I wouldnt want to be Near an edge of, lets say a bridge and have it eject my $50 game over the edge. I would have the PSP follow it.

Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
I dunno, Ejecting is a pretty mayjor problem. I wouldnt want to be Near an edge of, lets say a bridge and have it eject my $50 game over the edge. I would have the PSP follow it.
Or be in a car with the window open and have it fly out on to the highway. The dead pixel thing is understandable but the ejecting is nuts.

Best answers
In response to hibiki a while back, the SONY PSP has already sold more units in Japan than DS did. Sony's console was sold out day one. The stores were reporting that the PSP was running low on stock and the queues in line for the PSP had to be broken up.

And if you read realllll carefully, it states 'In the heart of Nintendo Country' meaning Japan..

In addition to all the 'feature lists' that people are posting here, do not exclude it's WiFi features. It can connect to phones and other gaming psp's. Which is more than the DS can do as it can only connect to other DS's. You ask why connect to phones? For internet. There will be a expansion to allow people to use IE or other browsers to download and get information. Unlike, the DS.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good for you mr.sonyspokesman.

I prefer the ds, i buy "gaming" consoles and handhelds to do just that, GAME!!! damn it you kids are so caught up in specs these days. I prefer the ds because blaitantly i think nintendo make the best non pc games ever conceived.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In response to the last 2 or so posts: Go back a page and read the last post I made in here.

This is the final word of caution - the console debates end.

Best answers
TimTheEnchantor said:
In response to hibiki a while back, the SONY PSP has already sold more units in Japan than DS did. Sony's console was sold out day one. The stores were reporting that the PSP was running low on stock and the queues in line for the PSP had to be broken up.

And if you read realllll carefully, it states 'In the heart of Nintendo Country' meaning Japan..

In addition to all the 'feature lists' that people are posting here, do not exclude it's WiFi features. It can connect to phones and other gaming psp's. Which is more than the DS can do as it can only connect to other DS's. You ask why connect to phones? For internet. There will be a expansion to allow people to use IE or other browsers to download and get information. Unlike, the DS.

That brings out another flaw in the psp which is that if you want to use any of these features that make it worth buying it kills the battery life to under 4 hours. Of course if you dont want to use any of the features its around 10 hours battery life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TimTheEnchantor said:
In addition to all the 'feature lists' that people are posting here, do not exclude it's WiFi features. It can connect to phones and other gaming psp's. Which is more than the DS can do as it can only connect to other DS's.
ur confusing the ds's console to console system (used for the pictochat) with its normal wifi capabilities

for things like the chat a normal wifi system is a waste because it takes up too much power for sending such a small ammount of data so the ds has a secondary system used for small transfers

theres absolutely no dfference between the ds and psp's wifi capabilities

its the same technology

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can no1 just see this is all down to the games released on each system? :x

nintendo have a good past record, i remember lots of snes games..

Sony had some nice ps2 games... they had a lot of playability...

cant decide, wanna see more games first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom