PSP- crap?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
DS has so many more good game opportunities, way more than the PS2, the pS2 can proly get a camera, or a rip off of nintendos GB printer, but thats about it, that and some buttons. the DS has touch screen! think of the possibilitys with that. there's even a test game were u can carve vases and such (it was at E3, i doubt they will release it but maybe as a extra in mario 64x4)plus, have u heard how the wireless connection works on DS? no server. no payment. purely radio waves, when some one's DS near u turns on it will beep and tell u, so u can play against them. it will stretch further than my high school dudes. btw, sony is purely more popular than nintendo because its american, and it advertises well. nintendo is japaneese, and nintendo has always been better that sony, just that sony is more popular in england and america, no nintendo will not fall under! it is leading way ahead of all the others, if u lived in japan ppl would be like "PSP? oh right, u mean that min-ps2 thats competing with nintendo? *LAUGH LIKE HELL* " the DS is even cheaper! in english money, the DS is about £75-£100, were as PSP is £200! remeber £ is totaly different to $, and thats equvilent to DS= $140 PSP=$380-$400 i think
sry for the long post! ^^
Wow, unfortunately for you, you just pulled all that straight out of your ass, instead of actually looking this stuff up. Reminds me of that guy who said he already has a PS3 :rolleyes: .

First of all Sony is Japanese, tell any Japanese person other wise and they'll be like "*LAUGH LIKE HELL*." Why do you think Playstation came out first... in Japan? Leprechauns?!

Second of all, you say DS has great game opportunities. So does PSP. Just because PSP doesn't have a touch-screen, a George Foreman Grill, and a Bow-Flex, doesn't mean it doesn't have great gaming possibilities. It essentially has the power to have games on par with PS2 in the power of your hands. That makes me think of the possibilities a little bit more than vase carving does.

If Nintendo has always been better than sony (I'm assuming you're still pulling facts out of your head again), why does it fail to compete against Sony? By all logic, if it was better, it wouldn't be behind Sony in sales.

Nintendo Power said:
Nintendo had already stated that their mystery device was not meant to challenge their <b>Japanese</b> rivals PSP but to fill a gap in the market.

Pan

Best answers
I find it funny how most people are putting down the Nintendo DS before it's even released. This whole thread is going to be pretty much in the favor of PSP as usual. Most people are putting down the DS before even giving it a chance. So i came to the conclusion that most of you PSP fans supposly have the Nintendo DS at home right now playing it which brings you to the conclusion that the handheld is not good. But yet, you know for a fact that the PSP will be better because the PS2 Dominated the GC in sales and its a minature clone of the PS2, which makes sense because the PS2 is a great console and so was so much better than the GC which seems to be a fact in your mind making all good oppions about the Nintendo DS or any other nintendo project wrong. That's a pretty smart observation on the sony fans part.

Basically sony fans walk around as if "Sony has never made a mistake in the gaming industry". Honestly, Nintendo's "failure" is being greatly exacerbated here. It's just the fact that they have been the king for so long that they finnally have some "goodl" competition that everyone thinks they are failing. They aren't failing, they are competing.

Nintendo has proven 9 times that portable gamers don't care about graphics on a handheld. GameGear was considered a GB killer, but Nintendo played thier best hand and killed all the competition. Nintendo dosn't only lead the handheld industry, it owns it.

I get to walk outside and play the games that I'd play if I was at home rather than settling for cheap games that I'd not even think of playing out of choice.
Cheap?? im not sure if you meant that in terms of high price or low price. But how much money do you want to put on the table for a handheld game, also im willing to be that if anything, the PSP games will be more expensive than the DS games. And yet, Nintendo main focus is " Quality over Quanity unlike Sony ".

There's also some people running around thinking " Nintendo DS graphics sucks and they have too use cartidges, and we all know cartidges are so outdated right "

The DS carts can handle up to 128 megs which is double the size of even the biggest N64 games. Carts are not out, and Nintendo is going to use them until they cannot fit games on them anymore. The advantages are obvious. Aside from no loading times, it is also a lot more durable than a CD. The graphics for the DS are pretty good as well, maybe not PSP standard's but still pretty damn good.

Also we have people that believe " Nintendo (All of a Sudden) is the biggest pile of crap of the Century because of some of there mistakes. What the heck is the point of having 2 screens, what a waste of power ".

PS2 graphics on a handheld is a waste of power. When someone from sony is quoted saying a 1-3 hour battery life is expected, you know this handheld is going to have a lot of problems. Nintendo has always had great battery life, and will continue with the NDS.

Then we have a set of people who think " The games will suck because all nintendo makes is crappy kiddy games, im too old for that now, i wanna look cool in front of my friends with a PSP because its for grown ups ".

Obviously, those type of people see mario or pikimin on a commercial and that automatically comes to mind. Sony lost the RE series to Nintendo (At least the Numeral series) and it seems that RE4 is going to be the best one in the series. Mario 64 is one of the best selling games of all time, and I garauntee you that it will show in the sales of 64X4. The Maturity level has nothing to do with the enjoyment level of video games. It's plain and simple, either you like it, or you dont. This is one of the main aruguments that sony & microsoft fans bring to the table everytime there in a debate.

"Hey! Let's see how much OTHER useless crap we can stick in this!"
That Sounds more like a sony quote to me OP ^_^.

NGage was a garbage machine.
Thats abit of an understatement.

Also, the companys dont seem to be very fond of the PSP. Sony lost SquareEnix to Nintendo with the DS support, and Capcom hasn't even annoucned any titles for the PSP yet. Many developers are scared to develop for the PSP so they are just going to "wait and see." The DS offers a new type of gameplay, and while there will be some HIGHLY anticipated ports along the way, there are many games that will revolutionize gameplay (Pac Pix anyone!?). If you want PS2 quality games with PS2 type controls.... why don't you people just play your PS2?. In the end everyone will most likely end up playing their console more than their handheld anyway.

I said it once and ill say it again, Nintendo really didn't have any good competition until now. What do you think the Game Gear was? Everyone thought that the GG was going to kill the Game Boy. It didn't. Because of smart marketing on Nintendos part, they came out victorious and ruled the Handheld market forever. 9 companies have tried, and 9 have failed. You do not defeat 9 companies by pure luck or releasing bad hardware.

DS kills the PSP in price and battery life and Believe me, if this piece of hardware wasn't from Sony, it wouldn't even be on the radar. Nintendo has proven that portable gamers don't care about graphics. GameGear outspeced the Game Boy on every level, but it failed. It was REAL competition, real but not good enough and Nintendo REALLY did win. The GameGears faults? Battery and Price Point, which is something the PSP will suffer from already.

As a matter of fact, this is all PSP has to offer, other than UMD movies and music. DS serves up a whole new type of gameplay, with voice recognition software, touch screen, and to top it off, an absolutley great library of games. Included in this is a Brand new Super Mario Bros., Mario 64X4, and also, a Direct Goldeneye port from the N64.

Im not saying the PSP wont be good, but its becoming a pretty overrated handheld as of now. I mean, You can't listen to MP3s and play games at the same time so its really not that special. And Metal Gear Acid is being a little overrated. Its not the Metal Gear Solid we all love. Its a card strategey game, thats really something i would expect from nintendo, but watever. Im in no way agasint the sony fans for liking the PSP, but i just wish they wouldnt bash it, if you like a handheld and dislike the other, than leave it at that. That's no reason to trash it and its company and disapprove of any flaws that sony has made, just because sony seems to be the leadning company at the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aye, Pan is right ;O, dont judge a book by its cover ;X people here were dissing the Xbox all the time, now it turns out that a lot of the people in #esf now own one

Best answers
Bottom line is, no one knows. We will see a few months after they have both been released which one has become the better product, if you can even call it a better product. And let's not forget Fortnox, you were the one who created this thread with the title, PSP-crap, thus instigating it all.

Ness said:
dont judge a book by its cover
Hypocrite

Best answers
I'm never, ever going to pay 300 bucks for any portable thing ever, unless it'll do my taxes and give me a handjob, there is no way in hell a little thing like that is worth 300 bucks.
DS is gonna be cheap, and it's gonna have classics, which I like, that's why there is a much better chance of me buying a DS over a PSP.

Best answers
Once again, Pan pwns a thread.

Hell, Im keeping myself from having an opinion at this point. Just like with any hardware, the best thing to do is wait and see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Playstation Portable is going to be awesome, in my opinion (*NOTE THIS*). It will have the power to render fully 3d games, like that Gotham Underground racing game, or that Gran Tourismo 4 game, or even Metal Gear Acid. It can play full movies, I've seen pictures of it playing Spiderman 2. It can also play music, also seen photos.

The battery life is going to be 3-10 hours of gaming/music and 1.5-3/4 with movies (I believe that's what the webpage called for).

It's going to be friggin awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First--regarding Sony being Japanese:
The company that makes the PS2, I believe, is called SCEA--Sony Computer Entertainment of...well, you get the idea. I'm not sure if my facts are accurate entirely but I know for sure that said corporate entity is directly involved with PS2 somehow.

Second, lets make one thing very clear here for all the people backing the DS. You're not going to get anything new, or interesting. You're going to get a retarded way of playing that same ten games Nintendo has put out since the early 90s. People saying the PSP is just a mini Playstation 2 are mistaken.

It will have some exclusive titles and unlike Nintendo I don't think they will make only exclusive sequels for the portable to move more units out of desperation (ahem...castlevania, cough cough).

Personally...yeah. I'd rather have some good, interesting games. Instead of Mario 64x4, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the boy who never grew up, Metroid 14: Baby Samus's Playtime Funhouse, and Pikmin Funtime Clay Jar Game.

Let's review the features of the DS:

Two screens
--Yeah, they're both way smaller then the PSP's though, and one of them is a touch screen. In a preview build of a metroid game, you have to press the screen to shoot. Ever use a touchpad on a laptop? What's worse is, it's a screen--it's going to get filthy and if you abuse it too much, you might even screw it up.

6 hour battery life:
--Yeah, read the small print guys. That's 6 hours of gameplay...using it for anything else will probably murder it.

Voice recognition:
--This is absolutely useless unless used in online gaming. Period. Even if it WAS...I'd get a DS to play on the go; I doubt yelling into the thing on a train or crowded bus (or outside on a windy day) is worth the battery power.

9 companies have tried, and 9 have failed.
And Sony has destroyed Nintendo utterly on every level during the console wars. More game sales, more console sales, more peripherals...and speaking personally, much better design and marketing. Nintendo, in its home country, is still a distant second to Sony's machines.

For the record, the Playstation in all its forms has outsold all Nintendo competition on every occasion. And Sony is the company--along with an assist from Microsoft--that has finally bodyslammed the aging decaying symbol of console tyranny into near final submission. The original PSX outsold the 64 (not by much, but it did), and the PS2 annihilated the Gamecube on all points.

I don't know what will happen but I'll state the obvious; Nintendo is going to get it's ass whipped. You know why? It's one simple point. They market to young kids only. Kids have to beg and annoy parents to buy games and handheld systems.

The PSP will be aimed with more adult titles. Which means people like myself, Cuc, Optimus, and anyone else old enough to have a reasonable income will just hop in our cars and drive on down to the store and grab the latest games or peripherals, if we so choose. In that respect alone, it will move more units, because 90% of Nintendo's target demographic are only consumers in the most "third party" sense of the word.

My reasoning: hey, ****ed if I'll be duped into buying Mario 3 for the third time. Maybe you young people can deal with that but not me; I work for my money, and I'm gonna spend it on a game I'm gonna have a good time with...or is gonna scare the crap out of me...or is gonna have a story that will etch itself into my mind...or has such great visuals that I wonder if my imagination needs a better video card...or...

You get the point.

Have fun playing Mario 64x4 Special Extended Super Happy Funtime Edition Director's Cut ("This time, Mario works at a car wash!!"). And paying 50 fresh bucks for a game you beat six months ago.

I get what you guys are saying when you go, "Oh, it's an innovative new way to play video games!" Well, sorry kids--we nourished that need and quelled that thirst long ago when we picked up keyboards and mice. Don't change the controller and call it innovative--Nintendo's controllers have gotten steadily stupider since the Super NES, and well...to me those things (such as the advent of 3d game worlds and gameplay) are more of a natural progressive sort of evolution. And that furthers my dislike of nintendo because they are forcibly trying to induce a change...playing Game God, if you ask me.

I just don't think changing the method of interacting with a game is the same as changing the way we play a game.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I find it funny how most people are putting down the Nintendo DS before it's even released."

And I find it equally funny how people put down the PSP before it's been released. *coughcough* You know the name of this thread?

"And yet, Nintendo main focus is " Quality over Quanity unlike Sony."

You mean, like the 10 Star wars games that've come out for Gamecube, and GBA? Or do you mean the old, early-1990 SNES games, that are being ported to GBA, so they can make another quick 30-50$ off your love for the original, good games..

As for the names? Bashing one over the other makes you an idiot. Both "Nintendo Dual Screen" and "Playstation Pocket" are horrendously stupid names.

In any case.. I'm afraid Nintendo's landing of such deals as Resident Evil, and things like Eternal Darkness, don't change the fact that Nintendo is still a "little kid" company. Of course, that's not a BAD thing, it's just that they don't have to go out of their way to make their game series even more childish. (Windwaker, Sunshine..)

Of course, there are those rare times when Nintendo "gets it right," as with Super Smash Bros Melee and Metroid Prime (which I thought was mediocre at best, but most people seem to love it.)

I think the entire premise of having two screens is pointless, especially if they require you to concentrate on both at once. More than anything, though, what I can't stand about Nintendo is their shameless marketting.

Making games that require four gameboy advances in order to play (4 Swords, Crystal Chronicles) is inexcusable, as well as placing advertisements for other products inside the games you already bought. "Buy the E-Card Reader, please!" (Animal Crossing..)
"Hook up your gameboy advance and get Twinkle's FruityHelp™!"(Zelda, Windwaker)
There's more.. but it's not worth going on about it. I just don't think Nintendo should be basically forcing or coercing people to buy their other garbage products when you were nice enough to shell out 50$ for a game that was rehashed from a 1980's classic, anyway.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still feel that Nintendo's products aren't garbage. The sad fact is that Nintendo is a horribly mismanaged company, and Sony is a souless automiton. For clarifications sake, I will most likely not be buying a PSP or a DS. I have a GBA, though, and it will hold me over for a little while.

As Pride pointed out, the Sony PSP will likely outsell the DS without eating much of it's market share at all. As Alea pointed out, the Nintendo games are mostly rehashes of old stuff. If Nintendo wants to win this war, they have to be serious about not raping their developers with sky high licensing costs. Sony doesn't win becasue the PSP or PS2 are better, it wins because they can continue to attract developers and publishers with lower overhead and higher profit margins.

Unless we see Pokemon 13240897130 on the PSP, that is.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
basically it comes down to the games that are brought out for each system, i used to say ps2 was far superior to xbox wen xbox first came out, cuz xbox had lack of games, while ps2 had its fair share and variety of games, now that xbox has got many more good games, i'd rather have an xbox, simple as.

It all depends on what games u wanna play, wat u are gonna prefer, i dont care wat the specs are for a machine, if a games are more fun on one console or another then thats what i'd get, and i dont think anyone can truely say which is better at this stage, u may have a preferance but i know that if i had a choice between 2 consoles, one with suck ass games and another one with awesome games, thats what i'd base my descision on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
"I find it funny how most people are putting down the Nintendo DS before it's even released."

And I find it equally funny how people put down the PSP before it's been released. *coughcough* You know the name of this thread?

"And yet, Nintendo main focus is " Quality over Quanity unlike Sony."

You mean, like the 10 Star wars games that've come out for Gamecube, and GBA? Or do you mean the old, early-1990 SNES games, that are being ported to GBA, so they can make another quick 30-50$ off your love for the original, good games..

As for the names? Bashing one over the other makes you an idiot. Both "Nintendo Dual Screen" and "Playstation Pocket" are horrendously stupid names.

In any case.. I'm afraid Nintendo's landing of such deals as Resident Evil, and things like Eternal Darkness, don't change the fact that Nintendo is still a "little kid" company. Of course, that's not a BAD thing, it's just that they don't have to go out of their way to make their game series even more childish. (Windwaker, Sunshine..)

Of course, there are those rare times when Nintendo "gets it right," as with Super Smash Bros Melee and Metroid Prime (which I thought was mediocre at best, but most people seem to love it.)

I think the entire premise of having two screens is pointless, especially if they require you to concentrate on both at once. More than anything, though, what I can't stand about Nintendo is their shameless marketting.

Making games that require four gameboy advances in order to play (4 Swords, Crystal Chronicles) is inexcusable, as well as placing advertisements for other products inside the games you already bought. "Buy the E-Card Reader, please!" (Animal Crossing..)
"Hook up your gameboy advance and get Twinkle's FruityHelp™!"(Zelda, Windwaker)
There's more.. but it's not worth going on about it. I just don't think Nintendo should be basically forcing or coercing people to buy their other garbage products when you were nice enough to shell out 50$ for a game that was rehashed from a 1980's classic, anyway.
sorry i have to disagree with you here. this is sort of angering me, and after skimming through this thread and all the ones before it i have to say my opionin whethere someone said it already or not.

me being a HUGE Nintendo fan for one. Which basically means i like the games. I grew up playing nintendo, then snes then n64 and now game cube. Now of course due to how old it is my nintendo broke. And as of last february (my birthday month! *tear*) Game stop stopped selling nintendo consoles and once the games are sold thats it for nintendo. So i can't buy it there. also im not fond of buying stuff online.

When i play a game, i want it to be entertaining, fun, and something to pass the time when im bored. Now what game was more fun then regular nintendo games?!?!? i mean come on they are classic. Zelda kicked ass still does, and they are making a new one for 2005. also mario was awsome still is. i personally liked the sunshine one, it was a nice challenge, and entertaining.

To you blood flying everywhere, stealing cars, and killing people etc might be entertaining to you but its not to me. ⌐.⌐ im typing more then i had anticipated...

What im trying to say is if you make a thread about 2 different things. not everyone is the same so there is going to be stuff like "that sucks" "this is better" "your a *** homosexual for liking that game/w/e" Some people like nintendo others like playstation. give it a rest. Its just like that ati vs. nvidia post, that was closed.. wonder why? instead of 'asking' someones opinion why not actually get whatever it is you are wondering about and judge it yourself. as for this you can't do that yet because its not out. so asking people who just as well dont have it is pointless.

also about those clasic games. im happy they converted zelda and sonic (sega i know) to gba and gcn, now i can play the games i grew up playing and loved. if nintendo didn't do that i wouldn't be able to play them today. I wish they would do that with all their older games. *ffeeew* ok im done

⌐.⌐ some people don't think that nintendo nor its games are garbage thats strictly your opinion yet you make it sound like a fact. or course other people seem to love things you dont. they arent you. Just because it's "childish" doesn't mean its not fun. Nintendo is out for entertainment, not blood and guts spewing everywhere. they try to make it fun for all ages. so they do some sponge bob and shrek for kids, while sunshine yes i ment it as well along with resident evil and those for more older kids. If you haven't played games on nintendo you shouldn't say they are crap. Just because the commercial didnt look good doesn't give you the right to judge it. If you actually played Super Mario Sunshine you would know that it is not for a little kid, that game can get very hard.

also you can not sit there and tell me that PS2 doens't have any kiddie games. gcn has more so what?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Spell check." Your post didn't contain anything of value. You just said "I'm okay with Nintendo's horrible rape of classic games, turning them into even more childish incarnations today," in other words--you confirmed exactly what I said, just that you're being served feces on a spoon, and saying "Mmm! Thanks."

I have played Mario Sunshine, and it's ridiculous. There entire premise is stupid. Mario 64 was innovative--it had a new, three dimensional world, an apt recreation of the original. A wonderful musical score, fun, interesting worlds to explore.. But Sunshine? No, I'm afraid merely saying "Mario and Peach are on vacation! Wee! Let's go to a small Island where we don't have to change the theme in each level, because it's all in one setting! Let's replace a Mario-like musical score with cheesy, pseudo-tropical cabana music! Let's draw all the NPCs exactly the same--like retarded elephants! Oh, and let's not forget the talking water-jet pack called 'Fludd,' with an obnoxious, high pitched voice! But wait, there's more! The instant you get there, you're being framed by an inexplicable Shadow Mario, that's some sort of son of Bowser, and Peach is gone again! Weeeeeeee! Oh, and you have to use this crappy 'Fludd' to clean up 500 exactly-the-same levels. Have fun!"

Sure, both systems have childish games. And so what, Gamecube has more? The fact is that Nintendo took non-kiddy games, or only semi-kiddy games and turned them into horribly DISNEY versions of themselves, especially Windwaker.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no i like nintendo's games, i like them a lot, and i don't think they are crap. That's my opinion, and this is yours. And in no way have i put down playstation in stating my opinion either. Yes, i did get my point across, my point was that different people have different opinions. Such as you like PS and i like Nintendo. Ness (if im not mistaken) and fortnox agree with nintendo DS while you and some other people who are sony fans like the PSP.

Best answers
Vampire Chronicles on PSP = awesomeness

PSP gets my vote, eventhough the DS is a lot more innovative. I'm good sticking with the basics. And i have a phobia with scratched screens.. so the touch pad wouldn't work for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea and Phoenix pose us a good example of my prime research point on the whole Nintendo Fan vs. PSx Fan. Ready?

Phoenix's Birth year: 1988.
Alea's Birth year: 1983.

I think we can do the math.

I still think it's going to fail in sales. But I'm also betting my left leg that the games will be worse than ever; more rehash, more rip-offs, and more bastardization.

Let's face facts, here. Mario, Samus, Link...they have all been bested by their more adult-oriented counterparts. Mario has these retarded gimmicks and a general platformer theme--we have whole series that have come and gone with similar formats. Samus and Metroid...Halo bodyslams that whole idea. Master Chief is basically a male Samus at first glance, even. Then there's Link...oh my god, the abomination. Even the adult looking game coming up...the series is just too far gone. We have Cloud to fill that role, I suppose. Either way, like I said, there is just too much diversity. Nintendo charges that massive overhead because they NEED it to stay alive.

It's only a matter of time.

KyoKusanagi

K
PS2 - released 1999 to 2000
Gamecube - released 2002

Considering how old the ps2 is and what they're able to squeeze out ot the machine, i think Sony deserve to give themselves a pat on the back. Its a 5 year old machine and have a look in your own homes and see if you can find a computer and make it run brand new games cutting edge games that are out now No...? Didn't think so. For instance, look at GT3 and name one racing game on GCN that comes close to it in terms of graphics, depth, sound, playability, control and sheer immersion? Anyways enough with the console wars.

I was under the impression that the idea behind the PSP was a multimedia portable machine as opposed to the DS being the dedicated games machine. Nintendo have always and continue to see themselves as a toy company and as such are dedicated to doing one thing and doing it well, whereas Sony (a household Japanese name in Computers, TVs, Hi-Fis, Car Audio not to mention the inventors of the Walkman and one of the founding companys behind the CD) has the means and experience to create such a machine e.g. the PSX - the home entertainment set top box with a PS2 with a build in HDD recorder for recording tv shows onto.

Not that i'm downplaying Nintendo now, but its been a long long time since Nintendo were at the top of their game and hopefully they'll retain the majority of the Handheld market but i believe the PSP has a place in the market and no doubt many people including myself will buy one for many reasons least of which a portable version of Gran Turismo :D

P.S - i still can't believe people didn't know Sony were Japanese...what next? Ford is a Chinese company :p And cheaper doesn't necessarily mean better. the Subaru WRX is definately not a better car than the more expensive Subaru WRX Sti (but then again more expensive doesn't mean better aswell - e.g. Lexus pwns BMW)

KyoKusanagi

K
Comparing consoles and cars not to your liking?

how about the difference between K-Mart brand Cola and the real stuff? (was kinda stuck for something to help me to illustrate a point)

Retired
Best answers
And Sony has destroyed Nintendo utterly on every level during the console wars. More game sales, more console sales, more peripherals...and speaking personally, much better design and marketing. Nintendo, in its home country, is still a distant second to Sony's machines.

Biggest crap i've ever heard. Nintendo is still the king in handhelds, you're comparing 2 consoles which has nothing to do with these handhelds. just because sony had a record with the PS2 against the GameCube doesn't make Sony superiour, do you have any idea how many Gameboys and GBA's nintendo sold? it's a fact that sony has no experience whatsoever in the handheld market.

you're stating the NDS has 6 hour battery life.. you know how long the battery life for the PSP is supposedly is? (I say supposedly because the machines aren't even released yet, so we can't say anything valid about it anyway).

my post is based on facts seeing as i'm not a fanboy of sony nor nintendo. I wouldn't want both handhelds to begin with since i'm not a handheld fan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, same here, Judge. I don't like handhelds at all, in fact I think they're damn near oxymoronic, if you ask me. But it is still a fact that on the console scene, Nintendo has been consistently outsold by Sony products. I never said it beat or challenged in handhelds...just that history has a way of repeating itself (as all Nintendo fans know by now).

I don't see what's so different about the handheld market. If the games are better and the selection is better, the system will prevail. Nintendo has never had any legitimate competition--all of the previous handhelds were marred by odd problems (battery life, bad games, super high prices, etc). And Nintendo has consistently ripped people off, too. Things like exclusive sequels only on handhelds, multiple colors and versions of the handhelds, and various idiotic "hook it up to [big console here] and get a stupid useless minigame" gimmicks.

Personally I don't like handhelds at all, but I'm relatively certain that Sony's will be exactly what I got with the PS2--good system, long shelf life, and tons of good games...and no rip-offs or insults to my intelligence, or stupid gimmicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom