PS2 vs X-box

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hokage_4th said:
Truley and onestly you should get ps2 i mean man halio great but thats it.[/b]
>.> Why does everyone seem to say this ??

I could say
"honestly man, you should get xbox, i mean grand theft auto is great, but thats it"

Theres many, many more brilliant games on the xbox. I think people have to play the console more than once for 10 minute before they can go around saying its crap. I have all 3, and most people i know that have all 3 say that the xbox is the all round best (they have access to all the games)
PS2 is great, but its falling. Xbox has recently been selling more than the ps2 has, and theres a great line up for it coming at the end of this year/start of next year that could blow the ps2 out of the water if its not too careful (i'm sure games like metal gear solid 3 will keep it sky rocketed though, because i too love the mgs series, one major reason to like the ps2 :p)

I believe the main reason people like the ps2 more is because it came out 2 years before the rest, everyone has bought one without giving the other 2 consoles a proper try (i did as well, and was a very big ps2 fan until i brought my gamecube) If you owned a gamecube and xbox with some decent games for a month or so, your opinion might not be so single sided.

At least thats the way i feel about it.

Best answers
I agree, everyone I've met that owns all three consoles (including myself) thinks that the Xbox is the best. I'm sure there are good reasons for that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry to break in but look at the facs.
psx- something like in 1999
ps2- 2002

xbox-2002

do you see what i mean, the xbox is just starting and it already has everything more(exept games) than ps2 so that means that sony had to make a second console to get high in line but the xbox is still the first release so that's like the psx.
it's just a mather of time till xbox blows the psx versions away and they just begun to make them.
microsoft did it smart, they wait untill psx makes the second one and BANG......xbox go's over the thing's of ps2.
and the xbox doesn't have only gta3(that i btw hate) and halo, it has a lot of games to play like dead or alive 3 and ninja garden.
it just doesn't mather anymore, sooner or later one of then will stop and i dont think it's microsoft.

Best answers
niobe said:
sorry to break in but look at the facs.
psx- something like in 1999
ps2- 2002

xbox-2002

do you see what i mean, the xbox is just starting and it already has everything more(exept games) than ps2 so that means that sony had to make a second console to get high in line but the xbox is still the first release so that's like the psx.
it's just a mather of time till xbox blows the psx versions away and they just begun to make them.
microsoft did it smart, they wait untill psx makes the second one and BANG......xbox go's over the thing's of ps2.
and the xbox doesn't have only gta3(that i btw hate) and halo, it has a lot of games to play like dead or alive 3 and ninja garden.
it just doesn't mather anymore, sooner or later one of then will stop and i dont think it's microsoft.

I only hear u guys saying ninja Garden is good who cares about that game its one good games like i said ps2 has many different good games as far as im concerned i think SNES is better then xbox to me u might say im stupid but SNES is one of the best systems. er xbox acutally has 4 good games i think (not one)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ninja Gaiden
Halo
Halo 2
Halflife 2
Doom 3
Project Gotham 2
Splinter Cell 2 + 3
Galleon
Full Spectrum Warrior
Fable
Before Christ
Sudeki

And thats only to name a few.
Believe me, people are too blatent too look past 1 or 2 games. There are many, many good games on x-box, and with x-box live, games like Rainbow Six 3, Splinter Cell 2 + 3, Project Gotam 2 and loads more are not getting as much praise as they deserve from alot of people.

Best answers
i like gamecube,snes,n64 and psx {and pc ofcourse} but i have no ps2 and xbox games
but i'm happy with what i have

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
Ninja Gaiden
Halo
Halo 2
Halflife 2
Doom 3
Project Gotham 2
Splinter Cell 2 + 3
Galleon
Full Spectrum Warrior
Fable
Before Christ
Sudeki

And thats only to name a few.
Believe me, people are too blatent too look past 1 or 2 games. There are many, many good games on x-box, and with x-box live, games like Rainbow Six 3, Splinter Cell 2 + 3, Project Gotam 2 and loads more are not getting as much praise as they deserve from alot of people.
Here's what i think of your list:

Ninja Gaiden - Good game... Way of the Samurai 2... although it's samurai, pretty similar hack and slash elements.
Halo - On PC, nothing special, overly hyped.
Halo 2 - Not even out yet, how could you tell the gameplay is good? You haven't played it.
Halflife 2 - Sucks. Trust me. Also look at Halo 2. Plus, on PC, XBOX port probably should suck.
Doom 3 - Good game, look at Halflife 2.
Project Gotham 2 - Gran Turismo 4
Splinter Cell 2 + 3 - 2 is on PS2 also, and 3 will be too.
Galleon - ?
Full Spectrum Warrior - Not sure.
Fable - Not even out yet.
Before Christ - ?
Sudeki - FFX, FFX-2, La Pucelle: Tactics, FFXII, .hack// games, Disgaea, you get my point. Don't argue with the PS2 about RPGs. Plus, we will soon have Tales of Symphonia.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, alot of the good ps2 games are now coming out on x-box or gamecube. Some of the most popular such as GTA and MGS series are already multi format or will be soon.
The matter of the fact is x-box has recently been selling more than PS2, and it has one heck of a popular gamed line up ahead, which will sell tremendously. (Halo 2, crap or not, will sell tonnes more x-box's at christmas, just as splinter cell 2 did, and 3 will do too)

I feel theres alot of people on here that only own a ps2, and feel
"The ps2 is the best, how could another console have better games than the thing that i have ??"
Its the way i used to feel when i only had a ps2. Alot of people here are very single-sided, knocking the x-box without giving it any opportunity.

There are games out there that are good that aren't on PS2 you know, trust me, i own them both....

Best answers
I still stand still with my argument that the ps3 is just around the corner. But, you know something I dont understand... why dont all of these companies (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, whatever) combine to make like one super awesome amazing console? I think that would totally kick ass.. but it'll never happen. Oh well. Oh, and all of those games wont necessarily get a crap load of xbox sales because Doom 3 and Half Life 2, and most probably Halo 2 will be out for the PC as well... and since PC FPS are a ton better then console FPS, well, just dont count on it.

Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris for even saying ninja gaiden and wos2 being anything the same...

nothing *bites lip*

Best answers
xbox is better even though i dont own ps2 i play it alot with my friend and when ps3 comes out xbox2 will blow it out of the water i have to find the magazine of what they said might be in that thing omg is like a fricking computer im not joking they said something about a future radeon card its gonna kick ***

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IsrAlien said:
But, you know something I dont understand... why dont all of these companies (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, whatever) combine to make like one super awesome amazing console? I think that would totally kick ass.. but it'll never happen.
Yeah, that'd be well class. There would be no competition, everyone would have the same console, you wouldn't have to spend tonnes on buying each console individually for certain games.
Though, i can never imagen microsoft and sony teaming up :/

Oh yeah, Halo 2 probably will sell many more copies on x-box than it will on pc. It comes out first, plus it has the aspect of live. Every bit of news has mentioned the x-box version, and to be completely honest, i've heard no one mention the pc version.
Splinter cell 2 sky rocketed the sales when it came out earlier in the year, and that came out on pc too.
I agree for halflife 2 and doom 3, but i think halo 2 and splinter cell 3 that both come out before christmas will really boost the sales this year.

Oh well, guess i'll be waiting for the Sony X-Cube :p

Best answers
Gc owns all!

But out of Ps2 and X-box, I would say Ps2. But then again they are both practically the same I mean most games out now are on all formats so It aint really any different apart from the flashy graphics and all that funk

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
btw, the xbox 2 get's in to and also the n5(gamecube2)
wy not, making a ultimate console would be need.
like the-> playcube x :p

Ryn

Best answers
Ok, Ps2 all the way. It is not like I hate the Xbox, but I only think it is mediocre. My friend owns one, I play a bit, but it is nothing that I would want to own.

"The graphics are good", funny, I asked a kid at school (He owns one) about graphics, here is how it went. "So, you like the Xbox because of graphics?" "Yes.", "So graphics make the game completely good, nothing else?" "Yes.". I died a bit inside.

Halo, was not good. It was supposed to be the best console FPS, I would take Goldeneye over it in a second. When I play Halo, I'm not having fun, very limited guns, stupid story, I never really liked it.

Halo 2, isn't out yet. I am sure it will get all this craze, yet there will still be stupid things about it, trust me. You can say from trailers you've seen, and demos you've played that it is great, but by just saying that, you're not convinsing anyone with that speech.

Fable, I could care less about. It Isn't even out yet, and you people are proclaiming it to be the best RPG ever.

Ninja Gaiden, was nice. My friend bought it, he had fun, but he is stuck on the sixth chapter boss, and it doesn't loook like he is having fun with it's weird gameplay. It's like they thought that if they added all this crap that ninja could do, they would make it good, but they weird thing is, you can open chests while in the middle of a fight, and the enemies don't do anything, you can climb latters and they just sit there.

I doubt anyone cares about what I said, this speech was just to get it off my chest. Xbox is filled with M games, and kids play them becasue they think it will make them seem cool. PlayStation doesn't need to be filled woth M games, playing KH (an E game) makes you a person that played a great game, and that makes you cool. :laff:

Also, Xbox has the best fighting games? Then why does the Ps2 have Guilty Gear X2? A brilliant fighter that is 2D, and a great game? Sure Xbox will get XX# Reloaded with Xbox live, but it won't be able to top the feel of it on a good controller for fighting games.

Have fun ripping me apart!

Best answers
Fable, I could care less about. It Isn't even out yet, and you people are proclaiming it to be the best RPG ever.

(Read up on fable. If people are saying this about a game that is not even out. Then it is going to be huuuge*)

Ninja Gaiden, was nice. My friend bought it, he had fun, but he is stuck on the sixth chapter boss, and it doesn't loook like he is having fun with it's weird gameplay. It's like they thought that if they added all this crap that ninja could do, they would make it good, but they weird thing is, you can open chests while in the middle of a fight, and the enemies don't do anything, you can climb latters and they just sit there.

(most games has bugs like this also. But Ninja gaiden is the hardest and fastest action game out when it comes to ninja. Plus with xbox live they making the game better and faster. So Ninja gaiden is a HUGE game only for xbox)

I doubt anyone cares about what I said, this speech was just to get it off my chest. Xbox is filled with M games, and kids play them becasue they think it will make them seem cool. PlayStation doesn't need to be filled woth M games, playing KH (an E game) makes you a person that played a great game, and that makes you cool.

(Thats kinda of a weird thing to say. I own all 3 and i think xbox is a better deal all around. No memory card needed. Better graphics Better load times. Yes graphics does not make the game but it is a bonus)

Also, Xbox has the best fighting games? Then why does the Ps2 have Guilty Gear X2? A brilliant fighter that is 2D, and a great game? Sure Xbox will get XX# Reloaded with Xbox live, but it won't be able to top the feel of it on a good controller for fighting games.

(i am a fan of virtua fighter and tekken. But Dead or alive just ownz them all. Nothing could beat it)

Have fun ripping me apart!

(Just did :) )

On a side note tho. XBox still is going strong. Yes ps2 has some nice games. But xbox can do 1 thing that the ps2 can not. Thats bmapping.

Best answers
Watcha talkin bout Xbox 2 having a radeon card? To my knoweldge, Microsoft brushed everyone off and said they are gonna have a go and making their own stuff this time around. Seeing as Sony has been doing it for the past 2 consoles, and seeing as they are teamed up with IBM and Toshiba(spl?), I think PS3 is gonna kick Xbox 2's arse.

Plus, you know, I thought about something. There was atleast a year apart from the lunch of the PS2 and the Xbox. Yet, the PS2 can still hold up to the Xbox with games and even graphics if its in a good hand (Final Fantasy series). You know what, I'll admit that the Xbox has some pretty good games coming out. And it does have better specs. And I have played games on Xbox and it was fun, Im not gonna lie about that. But the PS2 gets my dedication straight out of respect. Plus, it has a better controller :p

Best answers
I just realised that this argument is completely pointless. It can go on forever, it just comes down to peoples personal games preference, nothing else. The guy above said Halo is nothing special, some other guy said GTA is nothing special, it could go on all day but people's personal opinions won't changed. I bet if you went over the past couple of pages of this thread you'd see that the same thing has been repeated over and over, and imo, it's getting old.
So let's just say, choose whatever console you want, you have your reasons, just as I have mine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, look at the games for XBOX ONLY and then compare then to the games that are on every console, then tell me how ps2 games are better then xbox graphics wise.

And i just got Ninja Gaiden for XBOX, and i must that that is the best game i think i have ever played sence SNES and N64. The gameplay, moves, and graphics are just amazing. If you have xbox i sugguest you get this game, its worth it.

Best answers
?? I never said that every PS2 game is like Xbox's when it comes to graphics. I said that in the right hands PS2 graphics can compete with Xbox's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom