Protoss dude?- Messing around.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, work and collage work have been a bit mundane- so I started modeling this dude. No concept or anything- just going for some kinda starcraft type style- I'll add heaps more head gear and **** eventually.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking very misterious. Covering the mouth, is it metal or is it a tishue?

Best answers
is it a darktemplar? looking really good.. im a huge starcraft fan! waiting so hard for SC2 :D

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks cool, dont meshsmooth :p
It's gonna end up just being a mental ray rendered pose or something, the smooth was only for the shot.

Got more progress, just need to get the files onto my machine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
focus on major forms before you **** around with details, and don't even worry about meshsmooth until later on.

another good thing to do though, duplicate the object as a reference, slap a turbosmooth modifier on the first object, 2 itterations, and check "isoline view". any changes you make to the new reference object, will show as high poly on the old one, and low poly on the new. it's a good way of adjusting a control cage and seeing the end product while you work.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
methinks he's not working in max

If you're going to be subdividing your mesh, its always good to every so often to see how it mesh-smooths/subdivides, so you know where you know where is best place your edges support form since subdividing can sometimes average out too much, its best to be aware of where you're going to find problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom