problems with joining servers

Best answers
when i create a game , i dont use dedicated server.

i give the ip adress to my friend , but for some reason my server doesnt show.

why?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I have that too.........really annoying ;(

Someone help us....... :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
- if your pc is not the one which is directly connected (router or home sharing) to the internet, link the ports 27005 - 27015 to your LAN ip
- be sure that you give him your internet IP and not LAN IP

Best answers
I have the same type of probleme but with joining. First my computer is not directly connected to the net(I use proxy) and on another thread someone had a probleme sawing games and there were a link to alot of servers. so i tried all of the servers with empty space for me to join but when I said add server and type in the IP address it search for it and when it finished search it shows the ip address and at the game tab it says half-life, so I type in a custom IP address and did the same, any help? :(

Best answers
- if your pc is not the one which is directly connected (router or home sharing) to the internet, link the ports 27005 - 27015 to your LAN ip
- be sure that you give him your internet IP and not LAN IP
Hmmm.. i think he means that if your behind a router, be sure to give them the hosts ip adress, and not the router IP. Your IP address should end with something like 24.24.242.251:27005 or 27015

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't understand your post ... but I'm going to explain a lil bit closer ...

if you're going into the internet through a proxy (like router, server or home sharing) only the Proxy has an internet IP ... all others are just in a network with it ... so your PC has NO internetIP

then there're ports in IP system ... think in a wall with 65536 holes ;) ... every connection thing is using one ... 0-1023 are reserved (20-21 for FTP .....) so 1024-65535 are free choosable ... HL uses (ordinary (it's changeable)) port 27005 for client and 27015 for servers

so you've to tell the proxy that this port should be linked to your PC ... then if you're connecting to this IP with this port you're not connected to te proxy anymore ... you're connected to the pc

if you don't know howto link ports, just IM me ... I think I can help you (cause I'm behind a router, too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom