Problem with 1.2.1 patch

Best answers
I'm having a problem trying to apply the new '1.2.1' beta patch. When installing it to the correct folder it says, 'ESF could not be found on selected destination'. I checked on where I put the previous version. But it still says it cannot find it. What do I do?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are installing to half-life folder correct?

Best answers
im also having trouble. i have selected the correct esf folder and it still says no esf file found. plz help!!!

Best answers
heh... make sure you have half life folders. to do this u have to first launch half life and let every thing update and load to the main screen.

then install 1.2 full client install or 1.2 lite install.
then install 1.2.1 beta patch and point it to the C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\your email\half-life.

if done correctly it will go then look like this :
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\your email\half-life\esf

if for some reason its having trouble seeing the 1.2 then you have to go to start menu, control panel, add and remove programs and delete 1.2 and your 1.2.1 patch. and reinstall or redl them. because it may be file corruption.

make sure after uninstalling that the esf folder is indeed gone. (if not delete it). reboot > install > play.

hope this helps ya :p

Best answers
yeah ive been having the same problem, i hope what you said works.

Best answers
ok, i tried what you said, it is still not worksing, what else do you suggest i do? reply as quickly as you can, plz

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you must have esf 1.2 installed first to be able to install the 1.2.1 patch.

Best answers
i already have 1.2 intalled and it is working fine, but when i go to intall, 1.2.1 it says "ESF file not found, PLease choose again. Truthfully I dont understand it, but mabye you guys can give me some help.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just install it to the location it is set whit out changing it and it should work

:warning:do not change the location of the instalation:warning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom