pride

Best answers
Is it just me, or is everyone playing esf really damn proud. Everytime someone asks the server how to do something, I politely say, "check the manual", or "its very hard to explain, read the manual" they respond with "**** you" and " stfu ***"and it is like I am insulting them. Why do they take personal offense?

Are people really that lazy? This is a sad world we live in.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a competitive world and this is definately a competitive game. Things are said without hesitation or taking other people's feelings into consideration. People come to expect every other person to show them no respect.

They don't realize your just being polite by saying, "Check the manual."

They figure your just like some of the people who go around spamming vulgar and smart aleck comments, taking your simple suggestion the wrong way.

You can only reassure them that you mean no offense and are trying to play a game and not teach them it step by step. Impatience and no drive to learn the game themselves, can also be included into the spectrum.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but sadly moast peuple just start calling you names if you tel them to read the manual
once i told a guy how to melee and he said thats freakin impossible to do and that i must be cheating :laff: and then he left the server

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They also might like the fact that they feel superior to the person asking the questions, and feel that they might be at a disadvantage if they reveal any information.
Plus there are alot of rude people out there. Its expected with such a vast gaming community.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You also have to take into account.. It's not uncommon for someone to just install ESF, without reading any manual or instruction, then enter a server, not even read the Binds for the game, and just start spamming the server with question after question after question: "How do you do this? And that? And that? What's the best way to do that?"

It gets old. Like the cliche says, RTFM.

I'm not saying that people can't have an occasional question, but you shouldn't rely on the generosity of other players to teach you the Basics, when the manual and flash tutorial are there for a reason.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I'm not saying that people can't have an occasional question, but you shouldn't rely on the generosity of other players to teach you the Basics, when the manual and flash tutorial are there for a reason.
I double this.
It is irritating when ppl dont even bother to take a glance at the manual and come to a server and ask you "What is the button to attack?" and such stupid questions, but what I do is tell them to read the manual and where to find it, if they just keep on asking I ignore them or kick them from the server if I'm running a game with a last sentence "READ MANUAL".

Best answers

SailorAlea, I think you are confused. My question wasn't, "Why do people get mad when i ask them questions? but "Why do people get mad when they ask a question (ex. how do i melee?) and I respond with, "Read the manual".

How is RTFM a cliche? Do you mean acronym? Sure it is trite, but a cliche?

Hibiki, that is all too true, and real damn funny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have some pretty irritable folk in our community. I'm one of 'em, not to point any fingers.

I'm the first to freak when people do that sort of thing--"how do I transform?" or "how do you melee"--and I make sure to spell it out really clearly for them. "Read the manual first, dildo."

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319l.jpg
naughty languge omg!

That aout sums it up nicely, Hib. Heheh.

This gave me a good off topic thread idea...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might be a good idea to host a cleaner version of that picture... it isn't appropriate for the forums as it evades the swear filter.

Best answers
its normal for anyone to react badly to statements that could be an insult. because since you cant hear what thier tone is (unless you use the voice chat :p)

Best answers
Maybe those people are not aware that there is a manual , or maybe they have read it but didnt understand it , its sad that they flame when u tell them to read the manual but some people are just like that u cant change them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont spam off topic stuff :no:

Best answers
Well I got annoyed telling people to read the manual so many times, so I made my name "Read the manual" and bound "say <----" to f1. Should make it easier, but might piss them off even more.

Best answers
when i tell people to read the manuel they usually just don't ask any more questions,keep getin pwned for about 10 more mins....then leave

Discord Member
Best answers
i will explain them if they cant understand the manual,but they have to read it first.otherwise they are so dead,and thats it how it goes for me. -.-
i make an exepction for my friends,but that is the only one.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I try to be helpful but that doesn't stop other people from blasting me when I'm typing. Eventually I just give up.. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom