Powerstruggle draws

Best answers
In alpha when two players are in a powerstruggle for a long period of time and throughout that time they pump ki into the attacks, the explosions gets pretty big. The end result to these long powerstruggles is usually the death of both the winner and the loser, and sometimes the rest of the players in the map. I really don't think the winner of a powerstruggle should be penalized for winning by getting a death, so I think the winner of a powerstruggle should be invincible to the explosion, or at least, block a lot of damage (like 80-95%). Gohan didn't get hurt from killing cell in that massive powerstruggle, let alone killed.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the fact is you should not power struggle real close to each other when your both strong.

the beta is more about melee anyways

Best answers
I think this is a suggestion. I do not agree on it anyhow, I think the winner get's the frags + amount raising on powerlevel, so who cares if you die :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that if you put that much power into anyways that there should be some repercussion.

Death is a pretty good repercussion.

Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_Trunks
I think that if you put that much power into anyways that there should be some repercussion.

Death is a pretty good repercussion.
but not everyone wanna die like vegeta against boo

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, well it's the player's fault for being so close and puting so much Ki into it. one death doesn't mean a lot. When I played the alpha a lot, I was perfectly willing to kill myself and take ppl with me. If it came down to it, I routinely dropped a fully powered (and I was at a high pl) Masenko at point blank range.

-Karrde-

Best answers
with full charged ff firing into the bottom, to kill 5 bots... hihi meleebots sux

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok heres the deal, the power struggles in dbz dont explode right away, they carry the guy far off then explode, or the just explode in one direcxtion like ----> not <---->. They game isnt programed for such dbz like ps, but the norml blow ups are good.
If they listened to my suggestion earlyier they would of done this in beta one, and yes it would be possible to code, just be very hard.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sierra Sonic
Ok heres the deal, the power struggles in dbz dont explode right away, they carry the guy far off then explode, or the just explode in one direcxtion like ----> not <---->. They game isnt programed for such dbz like ps, but the norml blow ups are good.
If they listened to my suggestion earlyier they would of done this in beta one, and yes it would be possible to code, just be very hard.
i know one game that has realistic explosions, that have a max volume thing so it has a 5 meter splash damage in open terrain with a sphere of the explosion. but if u shoot a rocket into a claustrophobic little corridor, the explosion follow that corridor and when it goes into open area, the explosion still has the corridor form... i will soon make a screenshot of that game.

(hint: it is called Aliens versus Predator 1, and that explosions were one major factor why it had so high requirements)

Best answers
I think a good way to fix this idea is once someone loses the powerstruggle instead of the attack blowing up, the loser enters a blockstruggle with the beam. This will cause the attack to push him to the edge of the map and explode, or even give the loser a chance to swat it back.

Best answers
Once you get locked into a powerstruggle, you are pretty much stuck into it. Whoever runs outta ki first loses IF both players are about even strength and the ps is a draw. There is no getting out of a powerstruggle, so make sure you have enough ki when you start.
Blockstruggles are similiar, except the major exception here is that whoever is blocking has the option of releasing the block button and ending the struggle. Of course, this means the attack will detonate right on you and will usually kill you. So again, general rule of thumb is to make sure you have enough ki before you decide to struggle with an attack. That and to make sure the other person is weaker than you ;)

Best answers
You can throw the attack back at the person if your the blocker and win right?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
thats not the only idea. In dbz, when Goku was a supersaiyan, he managed to go "threw" the beam Frieza shot at him. It would be cool if you could use your ki power for such times!

Best answers
well u can thorw it right back at them.... like when me and jonka were playing i threw the gatling gun right back at him... the best way to throw back a beam is when u first catch it see how fast its pushing u back then if u need to use your turbo and ususally u thorugh it back twice as fast.. and in a ps u wanna use turbo against vegetas final flash because that move is strong as hell

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Umm.. i dought he went throught the beam... :rolleyes:
He just moves really fast.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It would be very cool if that is true what brolly sais!!! PLZ say it is!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom