Power up suggestion

Best answers
I have a little suggestion that involves powering up. I know you guys will probably find 100 things why this should be implemented, but just think about it, you might find it a nice feature :p...

In the DBZ show it really takes effort and time to power up when you have a low pl. I find that the turbo button (that's actually powering up in ESF, I think...) goes to fast. You should have two buttons (like the ascend en descend button). Then you could press the button to power up, then your pl starts rising (you make some dust fly up and up and a big aura or something whilst powering up) to a point where it stops just like in turbo->when you have 700.000 you go to 1.200.000(I don’t know the really pl levels so I don’t know if the numbers are correct, but you get my drift he).

The higher your pl is the faster you power up. So when you have 780.000 you power up (relatively) slow and when you (for example) have 10.000.000 you power up (almost) instant. The higher the pl the faster it drains (because you can power up faster so their must be a down side, it's to make it balanced). Example: When you have 780.000 you power up (say about 20-25s, maybe that’s too long I don’t know, you only know that when you test it) slow but it drains almost no ki. When you have 5.000.000 it goes faster (about 10s) but it drains more ki. And when you have 12.000.000 it goes almost instant (2-3sec or so) but it drains as much as turbo drains now (with ESF 1.1) when you have 780.000(a lot :p)

I think that this way it’s still balanced and more fun because it’s more DBZ like( but that’s my opinion).

I don’t know if this is a good suggestion but I thought it would be nice if this were implemented.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested something like this a little while ago, but i also like your version. This idea is definietly worthy a consider to put it in ESF.

Best answers
Ah sry, I searched the forum but didn't find anything. Maybe I didn't search enough.

But this thing I've (We've) suggested doesn't that take long to code because the team is probably busy with more important things.

But I'm glad I didn't post a total useless suggestion :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this is a good idea... if you want to make it a slower game. The esf team is going for a very fast paced game, and this will slow it down way too much. it's not a bad idea, but just not right for ESF. there's a lot of "strategery" involved in powering up, that's why it's such a quick action. Since you're completley defensless you have to powerup quick enough in a battle so your enemy doesn't pop you in the face while you're doing it.

Best answers
Yeah but esf also has to be dbz based. And this just would be very dbz like. You could make that when you power up you're immortal and you can move while powering up(not as fast but you can move). You could also add this feature as a choice you can make in the menu. "DBZ transforming" or not. That way everybody can chose what he/she wants for his/her server.

I don’t think that fast game is always a good game. The game just has to be fun, fast or not. Btw this powering up doesn’t really slow the game down, you can always stop powering up (example 700.000 ->900.000 then you stop for fighting and you continue from 900.000 to 1.200.000 later).

If you add it as a choice their isn’t a problem.

Just think about this esf crew :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we already discussed about it ... but we've other things to do for B1.2 ;)

this isn't a bad suggestion (but it's suggested thousand times before) ... but I dislike it ...
as Phatslugga said ... it would slow down the game too much ... I like ESF, because it's even faster than Q3 ... if it would take 5 seconds to have a good PL-multiplier would sucks, because 1/2 ESF players would never use it (cause of the needed time) ... so it's just an eye-candy

to make it faster for higher PL guys would even suck more ... because - as you said - it wouldn't be like in ESF ... they powered up with any multiplier and they had to charge a lil bit ... it didn't matter how strong they were ...
also: make stronger players even stronger is almost everytimes a bad suggestion

you said it would be like in DBZ ... this isn't really right ... they use more often the currents ESF turbo ... especially before they wanted to fly really fast ... they put on the aura and flew away ... with same time as going SSJ

they only had a long time powerup, when they didn't use their real powerlevel for a while ... (when it was hidden for a long time) ... (i.e. when Goku fought Cell in Cells tournament, both showd their real powerleve, because it "set" it to a lower level ... same for Frieza)
but there's no hiding PL in ESF ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, we all know that this mod is based upon DBZ, You didn't need to tell me that. The sacrifice of speed is greater than the realism you add. The game is supposed to be extremely fast paced (fastest game i've ever played so far), that's what makes it so damn fun. Take away the speed and you make it less enjoyable. at least that's my opinion.

Best answers
Yeah, you're right...When I think about it is going to make the game slower

Maybe this is an idea for a future mod or something :). Some kind of “realism” mod ;)

Best answers
its okay didnt under stand it much so u gain more ki every time u charge up.... n decned n ascend its a waist of keys let alone time, if u could change some of it around so u dont gain dat much cause when u join da servers u start some times with 780.000 power level n noobs n stuff will charge up to 120 which is around super sayin lvl for trunks and gohan so then ud have every body playn on dem and sjjs in a second.. so change it all around its a bit messed up if u want 16 super sayins of da same kind running around .. wouldnt be fair so i suggest u change the power lvls.. oki cyos :D

Best answers
I agree that this idea would slow the game down, but in other ways of doing so, more eye candy is always sweet

Best answers
Gohan ssj 4 said:
its okay didnt under stand it much so u gain more ki every time u charge up.... n decned n ascend its a waist of keys let alone time, if u could change some of it around so u dont gain dat much cause when u join da servers u start some times with 780.000 power level n noobs n stuff will charge up to 120 which is around super sayin lvl for trunks and gohan so then ud have every body playn on dem and sjjs in a second.. so change it all around its a bit messed up if u want 16 super sayins of da same kind running around .. wouldnt be fair so i suggest u change the power lvls.. oki cyos :D
You really did not understand it :p. I mean it's like turbo but slower and nicer. Like in the series, that's the main idee. The powering up stops at a point and you get the aura(same as turbo)... That means you can't go ssj when you're powerd up (in turbo) .Do you get it now :D

Best answers
so u dont need to push t for turbo ? it comes on when u get a certain amount of ki power up **** yer? i dunno ur completly lost me on dis topic

Best answers
I kinda like the idea but i agree with the others, this would slow the game down quite a bit. But...It would look freaking awsome if your a SSJ and you start to power up with this huge whirling aura around you. If only there was a single player mode where you could use this or something.

P.S. Has anyone successfully completed a SSJ2 aura? like a good one?

Best answers
Gohan ssj 4 said:
(off topic) Sorry but i cant understand a word ur saying...
(on topic) I'm with some of the other guys here, it would probably slow down the game. And in my opinion trans takes long enough to not have to worry that some n00b thats felling lucky spots you and spams 2 KKH's right in your face. =/

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ4-Goku said:
I kinda like the idea but i agree with the others, this would slow the game down quite a bit. But...It would look freaking awsome if your a SSJ and you start to power up with this huge whirling aura around you. If only there was a single player mode where you could use this or something.

P.S. Has anyone successfully completed a SSJ2 aura? like a good one?
Please don't go reviving old dead threads. If you have a suggestion for a new feature just make a new thread with a new suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom