Power-up bug

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I searched, and found nothing and I'm fairly sure that this hasn't been brought up, forgive me if it has.

Recently I found out how to power-up while moving. If you walk off of a higher platform, say a building or a tower of some sort, and you time the powerup button just after you walk off, you'll power up and fall at the same time. I've also seen people doing it after swooping and then releasing fly so that they fall away powering up at swooping speed.

Best answers
It's more of physics, really. The powering up doesn't cause you to instantly stop, but rather slow down to stop. To make you instantly stop would be to deny sections of realism.
Whether it's intentional or not, I would prefer it this way.

Best answers
I think phatslugga meant that they KEEP going, not that they fall a little and stop?

Best answers
He ment that they keep going, it's happened to me before and i've seen other people do it before.

Best answers
Oh. My bad. Cuz I usually use the slow skid to avoid attacks. Really good to be going in one direction, they shoot ahead of you, you slide to a stop while recharging your ki.

Best answers
I tend to do this from time to time, and in my case, it's just coincidental(sp?), or lucky, whichever way you look at it. Usually it happens after I beam jump and aim to land on a building in lets say for example esf_city, and as I am getting closer to the building, I'm close to the edge, and I press power up. This causes me to sort of tap the edge of the building, and I keep going. (dunno if that makes much sense.)

I don't think it would be important enough to even bother fixing though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, when you powerup you're supposed to stop, regardless of what you're doing. If in the air, you'd end up floating/flying, but when you fall off of the edge of the building it doesn't happen, and I've seen people exploit it right after a swoop, so they glide away from you powering up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
known bug

if you powerup your X and Z velocity brakes "slowly" ... if you run off a "cliff" during this braking, you fall down the whole way and you still powerup ... same happens with trans

I guess it's a lil bug but I'll inform harS again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom