power struggles

Best answers
i dont like the power struggle as it is right now....

all you have to do is hold down the attack botton? and thats it?
there is no competetion at all. they should make it so that the one who could rapidly click the button the fastest wins the struggle.

ive been doing that for the past 2 weeks. rapid clicking and always losing until i read the manual just a while ago.

there is a dragon ball z game for the PSone called final bout. and in the power stuggles in that game, the one who could click the fastest wins. and the beams actually push each other back and forth. they dont join heads and move just one direction.

the struggles in ESF dont even look like the ones in the cartoon show....i hope this is something thats gonna be fixed in the next patches...

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its never going to come down to clicking the fastest... There was no lag on the psone. Pcjoe has already said in another thread that in 1.2 your going to be able to go ssj in the middle of a power struggle. Patience is all thats needed for this game to get better.

Best answers
Originally posted by Scorcher2k
Its never going to come down to clicking the fastest... There was no lag on the psone. Pcjoe has already said in another thread that in 1.2 your going to be able to go ssj in the middle of a power struggle. Patience is all thats needed for this game to get better.
Actually, you can go SSJ in the middle of a PS since 1.0...it's hilarious to lose on purpose, then go SSJ and send it flying back.

Best answers
Heres something you should know, too. If it was based on rapid clicking, that would leave scripters a big opportunity to cheat!!! I bet theres a way to do that kind of thing. I mean, look at the AC\DC function of Mr. Satan's ESF script 1.2! It rapidly ascends\descends just by pressing it!!! (THis is, of course, supposed to make Goku get tons of lightning, but the concept could easily be switched around.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People are allowed to post their problems with the game, ssmartin. Welcome to the forums.

In response: If rapid clicking decided struggles, what's the point of having a powerlevel? How much more "skilled" is it? In any case, the button could easily be binded/scripted so that you have insane power struggling ability with hardly any work. So there.

EDIT: Oraculo beat me to the post ;)

Best answers
yea i say they way that it is now is good, the only problem is that when you ps, some times the beams dont travel straight and some times stear off to the left and the right:\

Best answers
Yeah the way it is is good. THere is more to it than you think, as far as I can tell. Just holding attack means you put more KI into your beam, and if your beam has a higher energy "ceiling" than your opponent, your beam will eventually become stronger and win. Generic beam has no energy limit, and so can win any PS with time and lots of KI. Also, if you run out of KI you can't keep doing this, so deciding whether to keep turbo on and when to fire a beam is important. A fully charged Kame leaves you with very little KI, so I might hang back and shoot a fully charged Generic Beam with plenty of room behind me, and beat you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom