Power Struggle Invulnerability

Best answers
After extensive play with 1.1, I think this really needs to be changed in 1.2: Players included in a powerstruggle should be invulnerable to all other player's attacks outside of the powerstruggle PERIOD. It seems whenever I get into a powerstruggle, the other players horde the PS players with ki blobs...EVERYTIME. If the powerstruggle is pretty even, this will completely ruin the powerstruggle because it will make for enough time for the ki blob to drain their HP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you do that then people will exploit it: as soon as they see someone really powerful attacking them they'll just enter a random PS so they can't be hit, especially with multiple PS atm.

I think it's fine the way it is.

Best answers
I think its okay the way it is ... and in the version 1.1, we are less vulnerable when we are in a ps ( or its just look like it ...)

Best answers
I agree. But that thing about falling down has to be changed (but this is the topic of another thread)

Best answers
You think it's fine? I don't know if you realise this or not, but you take FULL DAMAGE now when you are in a power struggle.

FULL DAMAGE.

That is to say, you take FULL DAMAGE from ki attacks, and you also get knocked down. This has been brought up before, several times and forms.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24776
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24159
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23445
and this thread of course.

But so far, no-one significant has said anything about it. I mean, if you guys intentionally "broke" how much you get hurt in a ps, but for some reason fixed it in bs, then you should say so...

Best answers
Blade I highly doubt it would be exploited. You expect people to charge up a full on beam at the sight of a powerful enemy's beam about to hit you and then, after all that, shoot it and enter a "random PS", all this before the enemy beam hits you. I have been playing the new version a great deal and so far have rarely had the opportunity to enter a "random PS" at the sight of another attack about to hit me. I have never even gotten a chance to enter a multi PS without the server organizing it, the chances that a multi PS happens in a server so far are not that high.

Best answers
Originally posted by Enforcer15
Blade I highly doubt it would be exploited. You expect people to charge up a full on beam at the sight of a powerful enemy's beam about to hit you and then, after all that, shoot it and enter a "random PS", all this before the enemy beam hits you. I have been playing the new version a great deal and so far have rarely had the opportunity to enter a "random PS" at the sight of another attack about to hit me. I have never even gotten a chance to enter a multi PS without the server organizing it, the chances that a multi PS happens in a server so far are not that high.
Agreed. You take way too much damage in a PS now(I actually seemed to take LESS PS damage in 1.0). I hate it when some random git can get a free kill off me like that. Invulnerability would be the best way, but at least reduce damage down to a maximum. That way, even if a SSJ Vegeta hit you with a fully charged FF, you will only take % damage or whatnot. And that thing about entering random PS to avoid a hit, that's just silly, but if you CAN pull it off, kudos to you for thinking quickly under pressure.

Best answers
That's because
You took hardly any damage in 1.0 in a power struggle....but you took full damage in a block struggle.
Now
You take hardly any damage in 1.1 in a block struggle....but you take full damage in a power struggle.

Best answers
Of course it would be exploited. But - new idea! - what if it was like this (don't know how difficult to code this is):
Beams that have been fired before the PS started still affect you (so it could not be abused)
Beams that have been fired after the PS started (= during the PS) do not harm you.

Best answers
Hmm.. i think it would work best if only a small part of the actual damage is taken, like 15-20%.

Like in the cell saga when Gohan has the Uber powerstruggle with Cell.
Vegeta and the others fire shots at cell to help gohan. Even though it doesn't ~really~ bother him, it still distracts him, and makes him a lil' weaker.
When there is 1 really strong player on the server, and several smaller ones, i think the smaller ones should be able to help out when the strong player is crushing others in PS'. Not so drastically that a player can be killed by someone else when powerstruggling, but enough to make sure PS isn't the only thing happening, because it is still dangerous..

Just my idea though..

Best answers
I agree sentient, kinda like 1.0. Nice analogy too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom