POTW

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen a fan made POTW in a long ass time so why not get off your high horses and make one yourself and submit and then watch all the responses you get back from that picture you've submitted. If you plan to do this remember NO picture editing and no custom stuff.
I would if I had 1.3 :x

Also if POTW threads continue to go down this road I will look into having all of them removed and then we won't have to listen to anymore negative comments because you've seen the same Vegeta model more then twice now.
Amen
However, if you look at every other part of the forums, about 90% of the community can't say something positive about anything. If it's not negative they probably won't post.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not about using just 1.3 for the POTW you can use stuff from 1.2.3 like you did with that that thing you did. Its about coming up with some shots that look look awesome. If I get enough people for my idea on a POTW by Sunday I think you will enjoy it so cross your fingers. My previous idea was the Goku vs Frieza one in which you guys complained about frieza's big feet so I do have good ideas kicking around my head its just getting them done thats the problem.

Who knows maybe somebody within the community will submit something they made and that could be picked as well in which I'm hoping does happen then this way you guys will be involved and have something you did shown to everyone instead of just seeing "POTW submitted by Grega"(No Offense to you Grega <3) just a little tired of seeing the same person over and over again submitting things and this is really what you should be complaining about that its only GREGA submitting them. :p (Again Grega <3)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not about using just 1.3 for the POTW you can use stuff from 1.2.3 like you did with that that thing you did. Its about coming up with some shots that look look awesome. If I get enough people for my idea on a POTW by Sunday I think you will enjoy it so cross your fingers. My previous idea was the Goku vs Frieza one in which you guys complained about frieza's big feet so I do have good ideas kicking around my head its just getting them done thats the problem.

Who knows maybe somebody within the community will submit something they made and that could be picked as well in which I'm hoping does happen then this way you guys will be involved and have something you did shown to everyone instead of just seeing "POTW submitted by Grega"(No Offense to you Grega <3) just a little tired of seeing the same person over and over again submitting things and this is really what you should be complaining about that its only GREGA submitting them. :p (Again Grega <3)

o_O well, if you have an "Ass kicking' idea. I'm dying to know, so drop me a PM and maybe JUST maybe I'll install ESF again :eek:

Can we submit shots of our scores? lol cuz I still have that one against Kai >:E

This: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/esf_cell_games_night0000.jpg

Then I have http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/wtf.jpg

along with http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/Ihartesf.jpg

and let's not forget http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/Yum2.jpg

Can I submit any of those?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O well, if you have an "Ass kicking' idea. I'm dying to know, so drop me a PM and maybe JUST maybe I'll install ESF again :eek:

Can we submit shots of our scores? lol cuz I still have that one against Kai >:E

This: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/esf_cell_games_night0000.jpg

Then I have http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/wtf.jpg

along with http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/Ihartesf.jpg

and let's not forget http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/Yum2.jpg

Can I submit any of those?
Out of all your 4 only 2 can apply:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/wtf.jpg

and

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/Ihartesf.jpg

Scores one is edited and the blowjob has custom models.

Dunno why the one about custom models is there but it is >.<

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So we should call it Picture of when we feel we can update? oh like, the news? =/

I don't think you all are seeing this quite how it is. Zeo, no matter how much you say how people are "silenced" by whoever for having "contradictory" opinions, fact is the majority of posts in most potw threads is "omg not new", well thanks you know, really does make us developers feel like we're doing something worth while when the most dedicated fans get hardon's for putting us down and and insulting us at every turn. We do not get this unconditional praise that you think you're being so big to put an end to, in fact the most responses we have are when an argument breaks out like this and we have one side saying how useless we are and why do we bother and the other trying to show why things are done how they are.

Really love this community at times.

We decide on the best picture that's available every week, if you dont like that, then fine, just dont think you're doing any justice by telling us that we're useless.
Oh? It's been like this all these years? People have always been complaining about seeing the same thing over and over again all this time? Quite the opposite. People have been saying "OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME!" for quite some time, and only recently have people begun to get a little annoyed with the pics. When people still praised the team for all the work they did, the only people ever to complain were players, and you and I both know the majority of the people on this forum don't even play ESF.

Want to know why everyone is *****ing all of a sudden? Because of those little surprises lurking outside of this forum, allowing people to see what 1.3 really is. People are telling themselves, "No, this is bull****. They're farther than this." when the fact of the matter is, you're not. They're trying to trick themselves and they want the potw to show them content that they haven't already seen. They feel, I dare to say, betrayed. It has become a matter of wanting to see new content.

"These responses won't get you anywhere and probably end up having a Vegeta in the POTW for the next 4 weeks now if I can help it. ^_^"

**** like that is the reason why people are becoming upset. I mean, you guys are supposed to be mods.

No one tries to send you their pics because everyone uses custom content. So what if people think the models in the pic come with ESF? Just have a disclaimer at the bottom saying "OMG THIS IS CUSTOM CONTENT!!" and leave it at that. ****, you can even post the esf-world link right below the disclaimer.

If POTW's are the cause of so much drama, just stop making them. Focus on the gameplay instead of trying to determine which picture looks better.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"These responses won't get you anywhere and probably end up having a Vegeta in the POTW for the next 4 weeks now if I can help it. ^_^"

**** like that is the reason why people are becoming upset. I mean, you guys are supposed to be mods.
Actually that response wasn't coming from being a moderator(Why I think you would take it that way is beyond me) thats from being a tester for 1.3 and having the ability to decide if I myself want to create something with a vegeta in the picture for the next four weeks even if its decided to be used or not used for the POTW for the next four weeks.

Chris my idea was for 1.3 but I guess we could make the same idea showing the differences from 1.2 to 1.3 but let me think it over.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh? It's been like this all these years? People have always been complaining about seeing the same thing over and over again all this time? Quite the opposite. People have been saying "OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME!" for quite some time, and only recently have people begun to get a little annoyed with the pics. When people still praised the team for all the work they did, the only people ever to complain were players, and you and I both know the majority of the people on this forum don't even play ESF.

Want to know why everyone is *****ing all of a sudden? Because of those little surprises lurking outside of this forum, allowing people to see what 1.3 really is. People are telling themselves, "No, this is bull****. They're farther than this." when the fact of the matter is, you're not. They're trying to trick themselves and they want the potw to show them content that they haven't already seen. They feel, I dare to say, betrayed. It has become a matter of wanting to see new content.

No one tries to send you their pics because everyone uses custom content. So what if people think the models in the pic come with ESF? Just have a disclaimer at the bottom saying "OMG THIS IS CUSTOM CONTENT!!" and leave it at that. ****, you can even post the esf-world link right below the disclaimer.

If POTW's are the cause of so much drama, just stop making them. Focus on the gameplay instead of trying to determine which picture looks better.

Dont worry Zeo i have an idea that may perhaps ease your Pain ^^

Anyhow Chris. Dunno who thought up this rule but As long as the fan submited picture doesnt have material that isnt original (changed sprites/models/maps) its valid. If something visable is swiched than it gets instantly rejected.

Same goes for editing. Pictures submited must not be edited allthough im hoping that little rule is bapassible a little ^^

Basicly if its original ESF content with no visable things that were replaced its valid for the selection.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually that response wasn't coming from being a moderator(Why I think you would take it that way is beyond me) thats from being a tester for 1.3 and having the ability to decide if I myself want to create something with a vegeta in the picture for the next four weeks even if its decided to be used or not used for the POTW for the next four weeks.

Chris my idea was for 1.3 but I guess we could make the same idea showing the differences from 1.2 to 1.3 but let me think it over.
Oh don't play coy. You are a moderator and anything you are responsible for your words, whether it's coming from the mod in you or one of the dozens of 1.3 players.

Nowhere does it say, "Hey guys! I'm going to make some vegeta pictures, but they probably won't be chosen. Tee hee!" You spoke out of frustration.

Grega, if you want to ease my pain, make sure 1.3 ends up great. I seem to be the only player left with some hope.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is you better stop talking about anything regarding to a leak or you will find yourself in even a worse situation then you are now its simple as that.
Now I know you want to see a clash of words happen and start a big thing out to the publics eye but you know what your not going to see that happen today.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're the only person who said the "l" word, Phobius.

I know you think you know me because we've been buddies for the last 10 years, but you couldn't be more wrong. I've tried helping you people, but if you'd like to make me your enemy, and thus an enemy of ESF, just know that I won't play nice.

You don't like what I'm saying, and that's just dandy. But it needs to be said. The potw's have either been nonexistent or have just been bad for quite some time. If you want the community to donate pictures, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to do it. Lax up on the rules i.e. allow the pics to have custom content to show potential players what is available to them should they ever decide to play, and you'll be bombarded with community pictures. No one plays ESF as is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having looked at this from both sides objectively, I'm inclined to agree with Zeo on this.

I find that the rules are a little strict as well. As has been said, and as is well-known: most of the community uses custom content in some shape or form, whether it is a sprite, aura or model. Even if a picture shows one custom sprite, the image won't be accepted. I personally understand the reasoning behind it, but I too believe a small disclaimer ("This picture may not accurately depict actual game's graphics due to custom content"?) of some sort will help make the POTW become more interesting for the community, as I'm sure many players still have many, many screenshots they'd like to show, but they can't because this or that model or sprite is in it.

That's just my opinion, though.

I think the POTW discussion is becoming heated enough to justify bringing it up at the next meeting.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the reason for custom content being forbidden was due to EVM content showing up and those other add-ons but I could be wrong. I still agree with the person who said we should make it Picture of the Month instead of Picture of the Week that would relieve a little bit of all this tension around here I'd think.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Oh well I saw "enough people" i figured you needed a lot of people, and i figured more people had 1.2 then 1.3 >.>

my bad.

Best answers
i like the picture, it may not be anything "new" but its something, and id rather have something than nothing

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The whole custom content thing was brought up back when I was head tester if I recall correctly, because when people had custom content in a picture, if flooded the team with emails and stuff of people asking wtf it was.

but a disclaimer or something wouldn't work.

I honestly don't see why some people are infuriated about the POTW, it's not that big of a deal, you act like your paycheck got omitted, chill the heck out, heh.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the picture, it may not be anything "new" but its something, and id rather have something than nothing
And that's where we're disagreeing on. Some people don't want to see the same thing over and over again each week. Some do. I'd rather there be something new every month, then the same thing each week =/

Best answers
the people just need to be happy with what they got, or the team could say FU and leave us with 1.2

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If that's how they feel, then perhaps we're better off just having 1.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom