POTW

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
. I'm not gonna waste my time complaining about the lack of updates on here just so I can get flamed for saying the ESF team is bad at updating. I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood for that. And for the record, the updates do suck for the website. Oh yeah! I forgot to thank the team for the awesome Christmas update!...The last update was on Halloween, and that doesn't even count. It's just some stupid picture that looks like it was done last minute. Really, when I see a good update or picture, I will say it's good, but until then, I'm not gonna lie and say the opposite.
Just posting facts..

Boo! - Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:46:15 -0600 by Pain
http://esforces.com/team/Pain/halloween.jpg

Let's see what folows..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy crap it's vegeta!! Does this mean Vegeta will be in the game?!
lol. This one's going in my sig.

On topic. Pretty good, but if it's a power up shouldn't there be some model animation? Or haven't they gotten to it yet?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Uh...If you didn't notice, there are people who say "THIS IS THE BEST PICTURE!" every week. That's the thing, you guys always say stuff like "this picture is the best," or "this one is really good" when it's always the same things. Oh yeah, and I tell my brother about this website all the time. I'm not gonna waste my time complaining about the lack of updates on here just so I can get flamed for saying the ESF team is bad at updating. I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood for that. And for the record, the updates do suck for the website. Oh yeah! I forgot to thank the team for the awesome Christmas update!...The last update was on Halloween, and that doesn't even count. It's just some stupid picture that looks like it was done last minute. Really, when I see a good update or picture, I will say it's good, but until then, I'm not gonna lie and say the opposite.
How about instead you just shut your hole and don't say anything? Posting just for the sake of being negative doesn't make sense, especially when the ESF team doesn't even HAVE to post ANYTHING for you or the fans. They do a POTW for fun and to show off some neat things every now and then.

ANYWAY, There isn't a hole in Vegeta's arm, it's defomartion problems because of the rig and how milkshape moves polys attached to it's bones....if that makes sense :p.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OR we can not try to tell people not to have opinions contrary to that of the masses. The team certainly doesn't create potw's because it's fun. They feel they need to or else they would have stopped already. They want to show us that they're still working on 1.3. If people complain because they are being shown the same thing they've already seen twice before, let them. It doesn't hurt to have a little dissent in the ranks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's like this happens every time now there's a POTW.

It makes me want to stop trying to come up with new POTW ideas.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've shown just about everything there is to show in terms of the models, so of course there's going to be a lot of backlash if you continue showing them the same thing from a slightly different angle.

If it's truly draining you emotionally, just stop providing them with potw's. Either they'll think the team really is dead or they'll wish for potw's again. By that time, you'll probably have something new to show the public.

Or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say, who cares, it's not that I agree or totally disagree but I have no concern for POTWs as much anymore, if your tripping about a picture, stop, please, because there are many other better things to worry about, except a picture every week, such as models, and maps, etc., there really is no need to post an opinion every time a POTW is hosted, no one is forcing you, or anyone to post about it, I am sure that the team is still working in development, I don't see why they would just stop, that wouldn't make much since at all, maybe the outcome of the release will be better, since the progress is taking so long. How would you feel if thousands of people waited for you every week, to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, when all of the people eat the food, and they say, aww, this is a piece of ****, I hate your cooking. That means you spent of all that time cooking over a hot stove making food, then when you serve it, it's not appreciated, if I were the person, I would be like **** that ****, and just stop cooking because of the lack of brief appreciation.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've shown just about everything there is to show in terms of the models, so of course there's going to be a lot of backlash if you continue showing them the same thing from a slightly different angle.

If it's truly draining you emotionally, just stop providing them with potw's. Either they'll think the team really is dead or they'll wish for potw's again. By that time, you'll probably have something new to show the public.

Or not.
But most people fail to see the point og the POTW.

The POTW does NOT mean something new.

It just means good picture lets put it on the site. Thats all there is to it. But every single person in here screams "POTW MUST be an update"

Its a "Picture of the week" not "new update of the week".

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or, if I were cooking a turkey that everyone in the world was anticipating, and then I took a **** in the turkey even though everyone told me not to, took another **** in it when I was told not to again, then decided to skip Thanksgiving, then promised to make a turkey far superior to any turkey I've ever created, took another **** in it, had it stolen, found it, had it stolen again, and then took my time making the turkey, despite me missing Thanksgiving again....

Well, yeah, then people might have a reason complain.

Just sayin'.

@ Grega: Again, just stop making them then. People are *****ing about the pictures and then claiming they don't actually care about them, so just stop making them. Say you're sorry to anyone who actually cared, and then blame it on those who didn't, but needed to ***** anyway.

However, showing us the same model from slightly different angles every week does warrant a bit of *****ing. I highly doubt your best picture every week is a character standing still.

Best answers
I say, who cares, it's not that I agree or totally disagree but I have no concern for POTWs as much anymore, if your tripping about a picture, stop, please, because there are many other better things to worry about, except a picture every week, such as models, and maps, etc., there really is no need to post an opinion every time a POTW is hosted, no one is forcing you, or anyone to post about it, I am sure that the team is still working in development, I don't see why they would just stop, that wouldn't make much since at all, maybe the outcome of the release will be better, since the progress is taking so long. How would you feel if thousands of people waited for you every week, to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, when all of the people eat the food, and they say, aww, this is a piece of ****, I hate your cooking. That means you spent of all that time cooking over a hot stove making food, then when you serve it, it's not appreciated, if I were the person, I would be like **** that ****, and just stop cooking because of the lack of brief appreciation.
Oh, I'm sorry! I'm suppose to lie and say I like it! Yeah, cause that's what everyone else does, so I should follow the crowd...Sorry, but I'm not going to lie and say I like it. I'm sure the team wants to see if we like it or not. If we just lie and say we like it all the time, and we really don't, then they're going to release something thinking everyone likes it, and then everybody will be pissed off, because they really didn't like it. They just either lied and said they liked it, or they kept their mouthes shut. I'm so glad you showed me your logic. Sorry for being honest.

How about instead you just shut your hole and don't say anything? Posting just for the sake of being negative doesn't make sense, especially when the ESF team doesn't even HAVE to post ANYTHING for you or the fans. They do a POTW for fun and to show off some neat things every now and then.
No **** Sherlock. I'm so glad you posted something everyone already knows. "Captain Obvious, come quick! We need you to use your special power to tell everyone the **** they already know!" Point is, if we always posted something positive, the ESF team would think everything they do is awesome because you guys lie and say it is. If there's no people who are going to say they don't like it, then how are they ever going to know what needs and doesn't need to be changed and added? They won't, so just go on saying every single picture is good. I hope they have some crappey ass model they're just waiting to show us. All you guys will just lie and say it's awesome, so then guess what? We get a ****tey model for 1.3! Great idea! I'm so glad we have you to lecture the people of the forum for being honest. Maybe when the next election day comes, we should vote on the President who looks funnier. "Hey, I voted for George Bush because he looks like a chimpanzee!" You know, by us people telling the team we're sick and tired of seeing the same models from a different angle every week means they will probably stop doing that. If we always say we like it, guess what? We'll see that every single week until the game comes out! Quite frankily, I could care a less if they stopped showing us pictures every week, but if they're going to do it, they shouldn't do the same thing every week. Like I said before, we know it's not "Feature of the Week," but that doesn't mean it's "Same Picture of the Week."

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Grega: Again, just stop making them then. People are *****ing about the pictures and then claiming they don't actually care about them, so just stop making them. Say you're sorry to anyone who actually cared, and then blame it on those who didn't, but needed to ***** anyway.

However, showing us the same model from slightly different angles every week does warrant a bit of *****ing. I highly doubt your best picture every week is a character standing still.
Hehe the POTW is a doubleedged sword. YOu probably noticed. If ther eis no new pic people ***** about it not beeing updated. Just remember the post about the pic that was up for 2 weeks in a row last time.

And if we do put something up well you see it right here.

Its not that its the best pic in the world and all. Its just that the selection is normaly very limited.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I'm sorry! I'm suppose to lie and say I like it! Yeah, cause that's what everyone else does, so I should follow the crowd...Sorry, but I'm not going to lie and say I like it. I'm sure the team wants to see if we like it or not. If we just lie and say we like it all the time, and we really don't, then they're going to release something thinking everyone likes it, and then everybody will be pissed off, because they really didn't like it. They just either lied and said they liked it, or they kept their mouthes shut. I'm so glad you showed me your logic. Sorry for being honest.
Nobody is asking or telling you to lie about what your opinion's are on the picture of the week, and no one is asking you to follow any crowd.

No **** Sherlock. I'm so glad you posted something everyone already knows. "Captain Obvious, come quick! We need you to use your special power to tell everyone the **** they already know!" Point is, if we always posted something positive, the ESF team would think everything they do is awesome because you guys lie and say it is. If there's no people who are going to say they don't like it, then how are they ever going to know what needs and doesn't need to be changed and added? They won't, so just go on saying every single picture is good. I hope they have some crappey ass model they're just waiting to show us. All you guys will just lie and say it's awesome, so then guess what? We get a ****tey model for 1.3! Great idea! I'm so glad we have you to lecture the people of the forum for being honest. Maybe when the next election day comes, we should vote on the President who looks funnier. "Hey, I voted for George Bush because he looks like a chimpanzee!" You know, by us people telling the team we're sick and tired of seeing the same models from a different angle every week means they will probably stop doing that. If we always say we like it, guess what? We'll see that every single week until the game comes out! Quite frankily, I could care a less if they stopped showing us pictures every week, but if they're going to do it, they shouldn't do the same thing every week. Like I said before, we know it's not "Feature of the Week," but that doesn't mean it's "Same Picture of the Week."
There's a reason for beta testers. At the team meetings, they lay everything out on the table, and they present each piece to the team. The team then decides whether or not that piece is worth implementing/changing/removing. We, as in, non-beta testers, don't really have much of a say in something unless it's either in the suggestions forum, or we are presented something which the team wants responses for. I doubt the team cares whether or not you like the picture of the week, nor do most of the people in here. Personally, the picture of the week is nothing special, a lot of sites use some form of picture of the day/week. A lot of those sites have the same boring pictures, over, and over again. Sometimes there will be a picture worth the picture of the day/week spot. Until you find a picture that satisfies you, state your opinions, state your reasoning for your opinons, and back off. If someone wants to criticize your opinions, then respond in a polite, logical way.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with that, MC, is people are usually attacked when they say something in a less than positive manner about the potw.

Like so:

I wish you were funny... as much effort as you put into this.
-

The Vegeta is prob the cleanest I've seen it, the blue seems like it should be a bit darker
and so (notice that he didn't even know what the potw was supposed to show):

Did you ever think you might be missing the actual point of the pic... like maybe the aura sprites, around him?
and so (aimed at Sub):

Problem with this question is, you're asking if he thinks. ;)
and so (a little more blatant than the rest):

ANYWAY, There isn't a hole in Vegeta's arm, it's defomartion problems because of the rig and how milkshape moves polys attached to it's bones....if that makes sense :p.
Now, if this was the first time this had ever happened, I'd tell Mcc to cool off. But it isn't. This happens whenever someone has something bad to say about the potw. It's amazing that we all agree that the potw looks extremely familiar, but our conclusions are quite different. I say they show us anything just to shut you people up, you say it doesn't matter what they show us; as long as they show us something, and Mcc says he's tired of seeing the same models over and over from different angles.

It would be better to avoid the drama and stop posting pictures altogether. If someone comes along and asks why there isn't a potw, blame the community, including the zealots who thought it would be better to silence differing opinions.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll just throw my two cents out there.

I'd honestly rather have potw's few and far between with something different to see, than a lot of the same thing with few new ones few and far between.

That's just me however. I regret my last post, but we've seen Vegeta before. We know he looks ownage. We know we all want his baybeez. But like, for example, that thing that was posted in the force pit, it was nothing new, but god damn it was inovative and awesome. And although it was nothing new, it was probably the most kick ass ninja thing I've seen thus far. So much so, that I leaked it to Hybrid and Zeonix.

But yes, Vegeta looks clean, and awesome, and I can't wait to play him =/ But i've said that before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could go ahead and ask the team/testers how they feel about making the picture monthly instead of weekly at the next meeting.

We'd have more time to pick out a good picture instead of reusing the same shots all the time.

Would that please you guys?

Obviously, I can't make any promises that the pictures will improve. I'm just giving y'all a chance that it might.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So we should call it Picture of when we feel we can update? oh like, the news? =/

I don't think you all are seeing this quite how it is. Zeo, no matter how much you say how people are "silenced" by whoever for having "contradictory" opinions, fact is the majority of posts in most potw threads is "omg not new", well thanks you know, really does make us developers feel like we're doing something worth while when the most dedicated fans get hardon's for putting us down and and insulting us at every turn. We do not get this unconditional praise that you think you're being so big to put an end to, in fact the most responses we have are when an argument breaks out like this and we have one side saying how useless we are and why do we bother and the other trying to show why things are done how they are.

Really love this community at times.

We decide on the best picture that's available every week, if you dont like that, then fine, just dont think you're doing any justice by telling us that we're useless.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Oh you know your right. How shameful of me to even speak in the presence of such a noble knight such as yourself. Please sir go about yuor valiant crusade against the evil horror that is the ESF team!

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a picture its not a video its a simple screen shot and you really can't do much with them except show one thing over and over. Now if you have any suggestions like what you don't want to see anymore, what you have seen then you know what post below and maybe then we might listen and continue the discussion better but so far all you have done is posted "We've seen this, you've done that already, OMG ITS ****ING VEGETA AGAIN WTF YOU IDIOTS!!! These responses won't get you anywhere and probably end up having a Vegeta in the POTW for the next 4 weeks now if I can help it. ^_^

I haven't seen a fan made POTW in a long ass time so why not get off your high horses and make one yourself and submit and then watch all the responses you get back from that picture you've submitted. If you plan to do this remember NO picture editing and no custom stuff.

You guys are talking nonsense its a damn picture get over it.

Also if POTW threads continue to go down this road I will look into having all of them removed and then we won't have to listen to anymore negative comments because you've seen the same Vegeta model more then twice now.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In addition to Phobe's post. One more **** up, and this thread is closed. Everyone should have his own opinion, but this is taking it too far..

Best answers
So we should call it Picture of when we feel we can update? oh like, the news? =/

I don't think you all are seeing this quite how it is. Zeo, no matter how much you say how people are "silenced" by whoever for having "contradictory" opinions, fact is the majority of posts in most potw threads is "omg not new", well thanks you know, really does make us developers feel like we're doing something worth while when the most dedicated fans get hardon's for putting us down and and insulting us at every turn. We do not get this unconditional praise that you think you're being so big to put an end to, in fact the most responses we have are when an argument breaks out like this and we have one side saying how useless we are and why do we bother and the other trying to show why things are done how they are.

Really love this community at times.

We decide on the best picture that's available every week, if you dont like that, then fine, just dont think you're doing any justice by telling us that we're useless.
I don't think you're getting how it is. You don't understand that, it's not because you don't show us new stuff every week in a new picture...It's that you show us the same couple models from a different angle every week...The main models we see are Goku and Vegeta. If you guys just posted shots of characters we don't see much of, we would probably like it, but when you show us the same models week after week after from different angles, it just gets old. I would love to see a shot with the other forms of Frieza, or Buu, or a character like that. I doubt you guys aren't showing us those guys because the models aren't finished, but if that's the reason, then fine. If you can show us some more of those diffferent characters, then please do. I think everone would like to see some of those characters we barely ever see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom