💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H01eq2Tc-WQ[/ame]

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then turn them off in maps effected by it untill you fix it? would be pretty wise if you are all tired of people nagging on and on about it :/
You can't turn off a texture.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if they think they can do better get them to do it

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Amazing btw who/what is this ??

and nice work on the meele :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like another player off in the distance

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Is that a special attack that requires the SAM? Cos I see it at 30. So, you either made that 30 or you used 70 out of 100 to punch Goku in the nuts. And I didn't know that Goku had balls of steel since there are sparks coming out of them.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"OH, MY DRAGON BALLS!"

That black thingy must be a fly or something (like there are flies in ESF...). Anyway still no shadows on the grass.

I guess Frieza tried to remove Goku's balls since he don't have any himself.

Last edited:
Best answers
You can't turn off a texture.
so what your saying is that your game assets dont cast shadows? you use textures instead? :S seems a bit odd that you guys have normal maps but lack a shadow system.. just going by what your saying.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently the player models cast shadows, but the world objects do not. Typically maps are static so it makes more sense to bake the shadows in instead of rendering them in real time. Doing it this way saves system resources and improves performance.

Layne is currently focusing on namek_islands and hasn't had a chance to correct the shadow issue with Kami.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm, Goku got air-slidded or something :O looks something like charging turbo and hitting another player far far away ^^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You really do not want dynamic shadows on everything. Trust me. Not only is there no point (it's easier with static lighting to make a texture based approach - modern games still do this), but realtime shadows on everything would increase CPU/GPU load for relatively little gain.

Best answers
You really do not want dynamic shadows on everything. Trust me. Not only is there no point (it's easier with static lighting to make a texture based approach - modern games still do this), but realtime shadows on everything would increase CPU/GPU load for relatively little gain.
this I already know, point is you can have a relatively powerful shadow system even in this old engine without it eating frame rates.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this I already know, point is you can have a relatively powerful shadow system even in this old engine without it eating frame rates.
I actually rather doubt that. But why bother. It's far more work than is necessary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually rather doubt that. But why bother. It's far more work than is necessary.
Why bother with all the graphical updates in the first place. it's far more work than is necessary to enjoy this game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the GFX stuff is related to the gameplay to be exact. So it was necesairy ^^

The only things that wernt necesairy are bloom and distance bluring. The rest is all tied in with gameplay ^^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I'm saying though is if you can get the exact same effect with less work, why not? If we were going to add in tons of dynamic lighting, then I'd agree with dynamic shadows being needed. This attitude is a very common developmental approach in game design. It's all about time in, result out, and what kind of financial resources or man hours would be needed to make it happen.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or i could use a free engine like UDK which i can distribute as a company and WHAMMO, dynamic lighting and so much more with a development time of 0 hours.

you do realise its a very common developmental approach NOT to build up from the ground right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom