Post your Vista hardware peformance scores

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there's any other early-adopters other than Permalite and myself i'd like to see how everyone else did.

Hardware:

CPU: Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2ghz
RAM: 1gb Crucial Dual Channel (512x2)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9800XT AGP 256mb (Vista Catalyst 7.2 Drivers)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 160 GB, 100 MB/s, 8 MB Cache, 7200 RPM

Results:

So it looks like my processor is in most need of upgrading. Strange thing is it only gives me 3.7 for 'Desktop Performance', but everything runs perfectly on Aero, even with all the eye-candy settings maxed out. Hmm.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Processor: 4.2
Memory (RAM): 4.1
Graphics: 2.0
Gaming Graphics: 3.8
Primary Hard Disk: 4.2

My base score is 2.0 because of the Graphics, Yet it runs Aero poifectly.
My system is a Pentium M 2.0Ghz
1024Mb of ram
Radeon 9700pro Mobility 64Mb.
And a 4200rpm Hard drive (I think could be 5200).
I generally think that the scores are a load of crap, I over clocked and tweaked my graphics card to hell yet my score didn't change even in the slightest.

Is that an Athlon XP or an Athlon 64?
If its an Athlon XP things may be more limited as you would have to buy a processor and motherboard, And maybe new Ram, And if its PCI-Express a new graphics card.
My options are alot more limited being a laptop.

Edit: Its P e m a l i t e ! there aint no 'r' anywhere in it! >.<
:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just an Athlon XP, I do want to upgrade to a 64-bit processor though so I can use the operating system in 64-bit mode (though I hear driver compatibility is even worse). I need to get a PCI-E graphics card which means a new mobo with a new socket type thus the new processor. Another gig of RAM wouldn't hurt either...

o_O

The overclocking thing is weird though, seeing as it runs performance tests rather than just the name of each piece of hardware.

I think the scoring system is looking at the forseeable future of Vista though, rather than the present-day average. Maybe if someone tried it with 4gb of RAM and twin 8800GT's they could confirm that =P

Best answers
I generally think that the scores are a load of crap
Well of course it's crap, but it gives scores to compare with =P.
Permalite said:
Edit: Its P e m a l i t e ! there aint no 'r' anywhere in it! >.<
Your name sounds so much better with the r, though. I mean, come on, Purrr - muh - light instead of Pehh - muh - light.
Ravendust said:
The overclocking thing is weird though, seeing as it runs performance tests rather than just the name of each piece of hardware.
Eh. He's already starting off at a low point with a (basically) crappified 9600 mobilized.

Maybe I'll boot into my never-used Vista partition and run the test. Until then, get with the game, Pemalite and post a screenshot of your vista performance thingeh. A picture's worth a thousand words and your post hardly has that many!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found a site where you can see what hardware (CPU/GPU's) scores highest, or find out your own hardware-based score if you don't have Vista.

5.9 is the highest possible score, although according to the Vista Blog it'll be increased to 6.9+

Windows Vista Team Blog said:
Base scores of 6.0 and higher are not defined yet. They will be defined when the time comes and new innovations in hardware allow new capabilities. From past experience, it is expected this will happen at a rate of once every 12-18 months.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used that and I got

Graphics 5.4
Gaming graphics 4.4
Video encoding 3.9
Overall 4.6

For ATI 9800 Pro ;0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom