• PS2?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I have a 92 Mitsu Eclipse base model with alot of tuning done.

I also have a 99 Pontiac Grand Am SE.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Proud of this baby. My 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SSE. Reliable as Hell, awesome turn radius, powerful engine and a sleek design. Only thing I regret is that it has leather seats, which suck in both extremes of temperature. These images are just pics of the car model, not my car specifically. It's the same color though, so basically the same thing.

Used to be my Dad's. I think he said they used to use that model in racing, but it could just be an earlier year version he's talking about.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The two that have the Pontiac 1999 Are they the V6's or V8's? And what kind of motor? Buick V6, Ecotech? Something else? I'm intrigued. being an Aussie I thought all Pontiacs were re-bagged Australian monaro's, But they look nothing like the VN, VP, VR, VS, VT, VX, VY, VZ, VE Commodores. (Monaro's look similar to the commies!).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I need to get a digi cam for this :p You guys need to see the POS that I drive, but still, for some reason, love :p

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Cucumba said:

I have a 92 Mitsu Eclipse base model with alot of tuning done.

I also have a 99 Pontiac Grand Am SE.

Hehehe I don't know how some people play with non-turbo eclipses/talons/lasers I cannot stand the 1.8L or 2.0L(4g63NT or 420A)

Took apart my friends Evo 3 16g last week this is what the exhaust compressor looked like:

Bearings are shot in the thing, metal got so hot it turned white, he blew a headgasket right after he bought it so we are betting why its like this. Oh and it would boost as much as it wanted, boost 5 psi at like 3.5k then at 5k you'd get kicked in the butt by about 20-23psi. He had a Big 16g laying around so we threw that in. Stupid DSM's. :laff:

I drive a 98 Ford Taurus, would be an integra gsr if I didn't destroy that. :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pemalite said:
The two that have the Pontiac 1999 Are they the V6's or V8's? And what kind of motor? Buick V6, Ecotech? Something else? I'm intrigued. being an Aussie I thought all Pontiacs were re-bagged Australian monaro's, But they look nothing like the VN, VP, VR, VS, VT, VX, VY, VZ, VE Commodores. (Monaro's look similar to the commies!).
Huh...not sure...how do you tell? Sorry, I'm not much of an authority on vehicles, I just operate one. I've never even changed a tire before...I'll have to soon, my front tires have worn down to .75 centemeters in the grooves.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its cool, I found what I was looking for about the Pontiac's via Google.
I still dont see how people can live with the 1.8L - 2.4L 4 bangers!
I've allways had at least a V6. I like the power, And realistically depending on your driving styles, they dont use that much more fuel.
I have just baught an Electric super charger, so yet to install it!
I'll post results :) And then I'll be heading over to Adelaide and joining in to a commodore cruise, to see how I stack-up against others.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Huh...not sure...how do you tell? Sorry, I'm not much of an authority on vehicles, I just operate one. I've never even changed a tire before...I'll have to soon, my front tires have worn down to .75 centemeters in the grooves.
Does it matter? A Vx has nothing to do with HP output. You could very well have a 4 cyl. engine with 500 hp. The pistons would be huge and the car would shake like an earthquake but it's possible.

And change the tires yourself. Depending on where you live it's like $99 bucks for four tires, and if you ask them to do it for you it will just cost more. To change a tire: jack up the car so the wheel is off the ground. (your car should come with a jack as well as instructions as to where to jack up the car so you don't damage it) Take off the rims, undo the bolts, pull off the tire, put the new tire on, put the bolts back on, snap the rim back on and you're done. and tighten the bolts if needed.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I love when people crossthread lug nuts, I ripped one off my aunts this past weekend looking to see why her brakes were screeching like super loud even louder than mine with warped rotors. I want to really beat whoever did it with an impact gun, its not difficult to put lug nuts on RIGHT....sigh

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
Does it matter? A Vx has nothing to do with HP output. You could very well have a 4 cyl. engine with 500 hp. The pistons would be huge and the car would shake like an earthquake but it's possible.
The car wouldnt shake at all unless theres something wrong with it.

The pistons dont have to be huge either, and you can crank out over 900hp form a 4cyl. Look up the AMS EVO, has 988 awhp and rides as smooth as any built for race car would.

Best answers
Alica_goku_ssj4 said:
To young to drive !! BUT my time WILL come !!!
If you're too young to drive, why are you posting in this thread...? O_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
If you're too young to drive, why are you posting in this thread...? O_O
The same reason you posted that? Maybe?

Kain doesn't drive a car, but he posted something, he drives a bike instead >.< Get an epic car noob.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Well, it isn't exactly my car, but it's the same model. I don't actually have a pic of my car on my PC.

Best answers
itr said:
Hehehe I don't know how some people play with non-turbo eclipses/talons/lasers I cannot stand the 1.8L or 2.0L(4g63NT or 420A)

Took apart my friends Evo 3 16g last week this is what the exhaust compressor looked like:

Bearings are shot in the thing, metal got so hot it turned white, he blew a headgasket right after he bought it so we are betting why its like this. Oh and it would boost as much as it wanted, boost 5 psi at like 3.5k then at 5k you'd get kicked in the butt by about 20-23psi. He had a Big 16g laying around so we threw that in. Stupid DSM's. :laff:

I drive a 98 Ford Taurus, would be an integra gsr if I didn't destroy that. :cry:

Stupid? I have two of em, and I love em. I'm always going to have a 91. Why do you call them stupid, when an AWD TSi can beat your car in the corner or launch. Pick two of the three. Fast, Cheap, Reliable.

You can have it fast and cheap, or fast and reliable by spending more :D.
TwisteR said:
The car wouldnt shake at all unless theres something wrong with it.

The pistons dont have to be huge either, and you can crank out over 900hp form a 4cyl. Look up the AMS EVO, has 988 awhp and rides as smooth as any built for race car would.
You're right and wrong. Depending on the car. On a DSM do the balance shaft removal, it will shake a bit more during idle; all those belts do is for ride comfort. But when that ****er comes off while you're driving, you'll be ****ed and wish they didn't exist.

That AMS is nowhere near smooth during idle if they have a pair of 272's or bigger and removed the balance shaft (Most likely they did). I've got 272's in my 91, and it idles... rough... But then again you gain a real nice loping idle sound.

And actually, yes, those pistons DO have to be big. Do you really think that AMS is running that EVO with stock internals, that can only handle around 400ish HP? They probably have a 2.4 stoker kit on it, hell maybe a 2.6. I've not read up on it but I'm guessing as my car is a 4g63t aswell; but 6bolt.

Best answers
I dunno what kind of car im gonna have. As of now, i drive a 1996 Chevy Beretta... pimpass car! lol

But i cant get it running, im just gonna have to mess with it, and if im lucky, i'll get it started... which would be ****ing awesome, cause then i could pump my money into the Beretta instead of a new car.

Its got a new engine, with only 12000 miles on it. The car itself has 113,000 miles on it. THis engine is a ***** tho. I dunno whats wrong with it.

And btw, I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I dunno what kind of car im gonna have. As of now, i drive a 1996 Chevy Beretta... pimpass car! lol

But i cant get it running, im just gonna have to mess with it, and if im lucky, i'll get it started... which would be ****ing awesome, cause then i could pump my money into the Beretta instead of a new car.

Its got a new engine, with only 12000 miles on it. The car itself has 113,000 miles on it. THis engine is a ***** tho. I dunno whats wrong with it.

And btw, I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.
You got a chilton or hayness manual for your car? Those are very informative, I carry one in my car all the time (lol, dsm thing).

Best answers
No, i dont actually. I should get one tho. They dont cost much, do they? like $30 right?

As long as its a repair manual, im cool with it. I just dont want info i already knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom