Planning a new computer.

Best answers
Because, again, the 9 series has better support for SLI.
But then again there's room to argue that the it's jsut rebranded G92, much of the same we've already had. Saying it supports SLI better is irrelevant to the situation completely as shown here by contrast with 8800GTS G92 and 9800GTX - http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1256&pageID=4661

As you can plainly see, no major performance advantages and pretty similar results at best.
Even if that's true, it's still not too difficult to walk him through it. You're just blind firing at me now by stating the obvious. Key word of this thread: support.
No I'm not, you're the one acting all arrogant and then trying to act smart, especailyl when I came in this thread

Antec 1200 > Case you recomended
Scythe Infinity Rev.B > HSF you reccomended
Ram choice is not going to make life or death situation
Choice of VGA card falls into the same boat, becnhmark results show that

And by disagreeing, you are again being all high and mighty and acting like this:
Spunky said:
Oh, someone else came along. I'll steal his light away, pull some random comments out of my ass, and convince a forum populas likewise that I am the ultimate 1337z0r and that everything I do and say is the word of the lord!
Aka, false Prophet!
Okay. Why didn't you say this from the beginning? That would have saved us all of this time, and we (well, you really) wouldn't have destroyed warren's poor thread. Shame, shame.
Really? After speaking with wheres_ on msn, that doesn't really seem to be the case now... And you're also to blame, gee, I'm not entirely guilty. Again, you're being delusional imagining yourself to be someone else your not with that comment saying "Yeah you over there, you're 100% responsible for this!", when there's evidence that begs to differ.
Any more pot shots you want to take at me before we do the unthinkable and actually get back to helping warren, who is probably crying as we rampage across his thread?
Yeah. I'd really like to ask you the same question.

Seeing as you went by the motto "If I say it rules, it rules!", then I might add that I rule and that bey disagreeing you suck. That's the stupid pathetic, delusional and disgusting attitude you are reaking of. Your only, what, 17? You're also do a dreadful job of acting like a smart ass
And be disagreeing with the above, you're clearing being delusional of yourself and you know it!
Of course it's not. I see what I want to see all of the time. It's quite easy.
Stop being full on yourself :).

I don't see why you feel the need to act like some sought of Prophet simply because A) People that gave better advice then you previously did a much better job of it then you ever did, and ever will for that matter, and B) You felt like you became one of them when they all stopped posting eventually!
I think I win the "popularity contest".
No you don't. You don't know any Australian retailer let alone anything about Australia jsut be translating currency... Foolish indeed! That's like saying I know everything about every state in America without having laid feet on American soil...

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But then again there's room to argue that the it's jsut rebranded G92, much of the same we've already had. Saying it supports SLI better is irrelevant to the situation completely as shown here by contrast with 8800GTS G92 and 9800GTX - http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1256&pageID=4661

As you can plainly see, no major performance advantages and pretty similar results at best.

No I'm not, you're the one acting all arrogant and then trying to act smart, especailyl when I came in this thread

Ram choice is not going to make life or death situation
Choice of VGA card falls into the same boat, becnhmark results show that

Really? After speaking with wheres_ on msn, that doesn't really seem to be the case now... And you're also to blame, gee, I'm not entirely guilty. Again, you're being delusional imagining yourself to be someone else your not with that comment saying "Yeah you over there, you're 100% responsible for this!", when there's evidence that begs to differ.

Yeah. I'd really like to ask you the same question.

Seeing as you went by the motto "If I say it rules, it rules!", then I might add that I rule and that bey disagreeing you suck. That's the stupid pathetic, delusional and disgusting attitude you are reaking of. Your only, what, 17? You're also do a dreadful job of acting like a smart ass
And be disagreeing with the above, you're clearing being delusional of yourself and you know it!

Stop being full on yourself :).

I don't see why you feel the need to act like some sought of Prophet simply because A) People that gave better advice then you previously did a much better job of it then you ever did, and ever will for that matter, and B) You felt like you became one of them when they all stopped posting eventually!
Holy shit, stop. Warren wants to know what parts he needs to get. Tell him, and be done with it.

By The Nix....

Best answers
Holy shit, stop. Warren wants to know what parts he needs to get. Tell him, and be done with it.

By The Nix....
It's not my problem that Someone proclaims his suggestions over other suggestions, even if the other parties are better or hold more value propositioned views unfortunately... And if he wants to say and argue about it otherwise, he should probably think twice before A) being Jealous B) Being Arrogant

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arguments can only continue if two or more parties are engaged. Stop arguing, and the argument will end.

Just drop it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My purpose in this thread has been to advise warren. That's it. You came in and posted specs that I simply didn't agree with, and when I told you about it, you got all pissy and started this. Go back and read.

But then again there's room to argue that the it's jsut rebranded G92
See, now you're arguing logically, if still not grammatically.

I'm not arrogant, you're the one who got all pissy to begin with. Remember that? Of course you wouldn't, because I'm the bad guy here.

Antec 1200's cooling can't stand up to the case I picked. Which is why I picked it, remember?

Honestly the scythe infinity looks like a good heatsink. But I've been using the Freezer 7 Pro for a long time now and it's simply awesome, so therefore I have to stick with it. Same goes for my case.

Really? After speaking with wheres_ on msn, that doesn't realyl seem to be the case now...
I'm glad you've realized that the only way to convince warren is in an environment where your argument can go completely unopposed, as otherwise you would be left looking idiotic. Oh wait...

Since we're measuring ourselves by our arguments, you seem to be coming up short. Teehee. Let's consider the fact that I'm 17. How old are you and you're on a Dragonball Z forum. Checkmate.

A) Of course they did. :)
B) Um, what? No, I think you have the wrong person. I am nothing like you if that's what you're saying. Note I say if that's what you're saying.

Who the hell are you anyway? You don't even know me, and I don't even know you. But whatever, this is officially a retarded thread as of post #10.

Best answers
My purpose in this thread has been to advise warren. That's it. You came in and posted specs that I simply didn't agree with, and when I told you about it, you got all pissy and started this. Go back and read.
All this coming from the great prophet spunky, which is signified by his avatar...
See, now you're arguing logically, if still not grammatically.
And dispite the fact that a small spelling mistake is irreverent. Running out of insults (despite that bagging someone on small grammar error is lame)? Poor Baby needs his Mommy?
I'm not arrogant, you're the one who got all pissy to begin with. Remember that? Of course you wouldn't, because I'm the bad guy here.
See, you just fail to get over yourself... You fail!
Antec 1200's cooling can't stand up to the case I picked. Which is why I picked it, remember?

Honestly the scythe infinity looks like a good heatsink. But I've been using the Freezer 7 Pro for a long time now and it's simply awesome, so therefore I have to stick with it. Same goes for my case.
It doesn't mean your opion is the end all and best crap in the world. And might I say, a big LOL is needed when you compare your case to the Antec 1200's cooling ability... That's a sad thought indeed
Neweeg customer reviews said:
Cons: The side panel is a little flimsy and one of my control knobs if about to fall off. I also have something on the inside of my LED display which annoys me.

Cons: The manual. For some reason it was between the motherboard tray and the back panel. Also the internal storage box's clip came broke when I got it. Not a big issue because I plan to remove it.
Read the review while you're at it too - http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12726&page=10

This proves my point that you make unbiased and misguided assumptions and opinions!
I'm glad you've realized that the only way to convince warren is in an environment where your argument can go completely unopposed, as otherwise you would be left looking idiotic. Oh wait...
Yeah, personal feedback. Apparently, you can't beat it!

So that means the next time you're on the phone to your brother, I'm invited to eves drop. The same goes for you![/sarcasm]
Since we're measuring ourselves by our arguments, you seem to be coming up short. Teehee. Let's consider the fact that I'm 17. How old are you and you're on a Dragonball Z forum. Checkmate.
Ultimate phail for you too then. See what I mean? You act like a little smart ass... I'm sorry I'm more mature then you can ever hope to be by example. If I want to make my point, I don't go around making random comments and lying about it just to make it heard, the way you go about things for example.
Who the hell are you anyway? You don't even know me, and I don't even know you. But whatever, this is officially a retarded thread as of post #10.
I don't have to reveal those facts to you, it's just for quick fact that we know a bunch of people that had a good time laughing over your clumsy nature and attitude.

But yet again, you prove you can't fight your own battles and make you point in a sensible manner. Rather, you jsut lie your way about it and pull random comments her and there!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quagmire said:
All this coming from the great prophet spunky, which is signified by his avatar...
Well done. I added a caption to a picture of the Pope to use as my avatar. That must mean I'm full of myself, eh?

And dispite the fact that a small spelling mistake is irreverent. Running out of insults (despite that bagging someone on small grammar error is lame)? Poor Baby needs his Mommy?
It's as if a million brain cells cried out, and were suddenly silenced. Are you for real?

See, you just fail to get over yourself... You fail!
Thanks, you've pointed that out.

It doesn't mean your opion is the end all and best crap in the world. And might I say, a big LOL is needed when you compare your case to the Antec 1200's cooling ability... That's a sad thought indeed
I never once claimed to be infallible. Since neither of us will sway either way concerning the case, let's just leave that be. You can have your case, and I'll have my awesome case. That's that. M'kay pumpkin?

This proves my point that you make unbiased and misguided assumptions and opinions!
You mean biased and misguided assumptions. You almost gave me half a compliment there. *phew*

Yeah, personal feedback. Apparently, you can't beat it!
Hey, we agree on something.

So that means the next time you're on the phone to your brother, I'm invited to eves drop. The same goes for you![/sarcasm]
If you want to stalk a 17 year old boy, that's your own business. :/

Ultimate phail for you too then. See what I mean? You act like a little smart ass... I'm sorry I'm more mature then you can ever hope to be by example. If I want to make my point, I don't go around making random comments and lying about it just to make it heard, the way you go about things for example.
Telling me to call for my mommy? Going behind the thread to talk to warren alone? Yeah, very mature. So far your side of the argument is the equivalent of an ape chucking shit.

I don't have to reveal those facts to you, it's just for quick fact that we know a bunch of people that had a good time laughing over your clumsy nature and attitude.
I'm glad we've all had our laughs.

But yet again, you prove you can't fight your own battles and make you point in a sensible manner. Rather, you jsut lie your way about it and pull random comments her and there!
There you go with that sly humor again. I can't fight my own battles? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do you even know what you're talking about anymore? I've presented all of my points thus far in a sensible manner. You might argue that I can be stubborn in my argument, but that makes two of us. Nothing I've said has been a lie, but rather personal observations about the hardware I suggested to warren and my experience with it. That's it. Lies? No. Opinions.

I'll let you have the last word, as I'm sure you'll take it anyway. I'm done with this argument, because at this point it's really lost it's meaning. We're just going to keep going on and on and on like this forever.

Best answers
Well done. I added a caption to a picture of the Pope to use as my avatar. That must mean I'm full of myself, eh?
Yeah, its because you seem to think your a legend.. Sadly, in your own mind. Counseling is available for this side effect fortunately however, seeing as how you loved to talk about quotes like "Go swallow a knife and die".
It's as if a million brain cells cried out, and were suddenly silenced. Are you for real?
And the same can be said for you, failing to realize the minor performance differences the 9800GTX, 8800GTS 92 and 8800GT, despite that they are all minimal at best and yo ignored the fact that I posted benchmarks that showed otherwise. No dramatic differences to cause alarm, there's a new gen card around the corner.
You mean biased and misguided assumptions. You almost gave me half a compliment there. *phew*
ROFL, this is another example of you putting words in my mouth... Don't you have any other entertaining activities then tampering with other peoples mouths? I thought as such that you didn't, and that you had to rape everyone in your path to get your supposedly "greater" advice to others...
If you want to stalk a 17 year old boy, that's your own business. :/
Well then come up with stupid crap, because it was exactly the same as saying that to begin with. There's a reason there's "Well that's like saying this [Insert topics here]"
Telling me to call for my mommy? Going behind the thread to talk to warren alone? Yeah, very mature. So far your side of the argument is the equivalent of an ape chucking shit.
As much as you fail to admit it, I bet your RAGED personally. There's no denying that after all.
There you go with that sly humor again. I can't fight my own battles? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do you even know what you're talking about anymore? I've presented all of my points thus far in a sensible manner. You might argue that I can be stubborn in my argument, but that makes two of us. Nothing I've said has been a lie, but rather personal observations about the hardware I suggested to warren and my experience with it. That's it. Lies? No. Opinions.

I'll let you have the last word, as I'm sure you'll take it anyway. I'm done with this argument, because at this point it's really lost it's meaning. We're just going to keep going on and on and on like this forever.
What? Excuse me... *laughes*. A big LOL is needed here. What do you call

The countless posts you've flamed me with in this thread (And don't come up with some "Oh but he started it" crap like I would expect coming from you and you lame abuse). It takes 2 to argue after all and your no better then me for it!
personal observations about the hardware I suggested to warren and my experience with it. That's it. Lies? No. Opinions.
Yeah, it's different view altogehter once your actually own the hardware then make logic statements. Something you are yet to learn I'd imagine.

Your intolerance for other peoples advice and proclaiming yourself high and mighty is sickening, that's painfully obvious * clear

-You once said "Price/Performance" Ratio and coined it in this thread lol, what does the 8800GT offer, again with the smaller contrast performance differences with a 8800GTS G92 & 9800GTX represent? Also take into account we are nearing a GPU architecture, so wasting $130~ for a not so big performance increase is stupid IMO!

-You didn't think about yourself any harder to assess a user's needs, your posts indicate you could of done better

-You failed to take SLI and CPU bottlenecks into perspective when arguing about it. Unfortuneatelym it'd become stalemate. If he doesn't want or have decent knowledge of overclocking or doesn't learn it (Yet you offered him advice, which I laugh at because you yourself seem to act like you know the product inside by comparison to someone that's owned it for 4 months+). Think clearly on that, there's only so much a user wants to think about.

Seeing as you ignored the money saving factor, and the fact of a premium for a SLI board (That may mean nothing after next gen cards hit, again I stress that point), you HAVE to see things from a different point of view, rather then your own, to get what the other person is saying rather then proclaiming your opinion which is stupidity. After my recommendation and how you responded, the nature I'm referring to is really obvious, you feel liek saying it's completely bad.

All in all, you really need to handle yourself better! And by me in saying that, you are well certain what I refer too! After all, I've only had to point it out time and time again, even putting up with your (At times) lack luster insults and abuse (Come on, the "Why a re you here on a DBZ internet forum" insults are a bit dated, overrated and lame for example). In any case, that's like saying "Why are you on any Internet Forum?"

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm more than happy to accept advice with over clocking as long as it's safe.

Also I'll be getting all this stuff round july, so I don't mind waiting for the stuff that comes out then, like new GFX cards etc.

In the next 2 posts could you two please list the system parts you recommend, then after each other posts, edit your posts and include each others lists and each to next part explain why you think this is a good or a bad choice, in terms of performance and price.

Also just know, I'd rather spend a little bit more than a little bit less. I'm not one for cutting corners, and I want this machine to last.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then there's no point going over the list now, as there could likely be all better components by then.

Best answers
I'm more than happy to accept advice with over clocking as long as it's safe.

Also I'll be getting all this stuff round July, so I don't mind waiting for the stuff that comes out then, like new GFX cards etc.

In the next 2 posts could you two please list the system parts you recommend, then after each other posts, edit your posts and include each others lists and each to next part explain why you think this is a good or a bad choice, in terms of performance and price.

Also just know, I'd rather spend a little bit more than a little bit less. I'm not one for cutting corners, and I want this machine to last.

Thanks guys :)
Adding to what I've already said already, by experience, overclocking on the EVGA 780i sucks by comparison to a intel chipset. I can get a overclock that is stable by example, however at random intervals crash unexpectedly then I have to look at tweaking the mVs on the 4 GTL REFs despite the fact that via comparison, on a P35 chipset I can get 33mhz fsb without any need for voltage adjustment and hit the same Overclock on 1.41v, the 780i takes 1.46 to hit the same clocks, horrid vdroop. People also point out on the internet that 780i boards take more voltage for them to hit the same speeds they could hit on a Intel chipset because of fsb walls. This board also failed to 333mhz fsb off the bat, something a Intel chipset does relatively easy. It's one thing to want SLI, that's fine, but you want it without the appalling chipset as it is where overclocking suck by comparision since you may be tweaking forever and SLI CPU bottlenecks, both add up to make a horrible time.

As requested:
Except for the fact that warren lives in AUS and we don't use US dollars. I do agree with your opinion though on Quad cores, they don't really benefit you much unless you do lots of intense multi-tasking or CPU intensive work. I think you also need to review your definition of blowing out of the water, as both systems posted would how fairly similar performance results, plus SLI isn't always suited to everyone, especially being so close to next gen cards.

All prices are from IT ESTATE:

CPU: Core2 Duo E8400 $239
Cooling: Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B w/ 120mm fan $88
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35-DS3 $118
Ram: 2GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 $88
VGA: Sparkle 8800GT 512mb $220
HDD: Samsung HD501JL SATA (7200RPM, 16Mb cache) x2 $190
PSU: Corsair HX620 Modular $149
Optical Drive: Samsung 20X DVD-RW SATA $30
Case: Antec 1200 Full tower case $242

Sub total: $1364

I'd be grabbing what you'd only need for the time being and save some cash here and there. The 9800GTX is nothing more then a G92 GTS Refresh and the 8800GT isn't drastically different in performance by contrast to a G92 8800GTS, so save yourself $130-$150~ thereabouts, especially considering that June/July is when next gen Graphics cards from both camps will hit (With ATI soon expected to Paper Launch/Announce HD4xxx at the end of the month and Nvidia bringing out 9900GTX & GTS, their "real slim shady" next gen lol).
For future Reference Spunky, this is misleading information you are giving:
I have to disagree with all but the CPU there Quagmire -(Acting like a Hypocrite, proclaiming though that even though some better suited products [Case and HSF], you want people to listen to your advice and pull a random comment out of you ass in the hope he takes your advice. It looks liek a "Cry for attention much?"). I'm well aware that he lives in Australia. I'm sure he could find them though. My build still has the best price : performance ratio. -My build looks at a much better price/performance ratio then yours does. Again, the 9800GTX does not differ much from the G92 8800GTS performance wise and when you compare the 8800GT to the G92 GTS it falls under the same category: Not too much difference to justify the extra money spent on them especially with new gen cards knocking on the door within the next few months. A 9800GTX at this point in time doesn't warrant the extra cash spent on it in that view.

The mobo you chose was a poor choice. No SLI. The video card was a poor choice. The 9800 GTX will run circles around it, and last quite a bit longer. Not to mention SLI support has gotten so much better with the 9 series, it's not even funny. The cooler is meh, I'd only go with it if you can't find a Freezer 7 Pro around there. -I'd only be repeating myself about the 8800GT, 8800GTS G92 and 9800GTX, But both the case and cooler you recommened are worse then what I recommend. The Scythe Ninja Rev.B craps all over the Freezer 7 Pro, has 6 heatpipes and is designed in a similar way to the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, which is currently one of the best air cooling heat sinks you can get for the time being.

Basically, do your best to find what I've recommended, and if you aren't able to, fall back on the next best thing. But you should post whatever you're doing here before you do it so you don't make any mistakes. -Comments like this would otherwise lead me to beilieve or assert that you are on a power trip and crave the attention. I've already fairly represented my views and debated on your motherboard choice from mine (and others) user's experience (The 780i is one example, practically being a refreshed/improved 680i chipset that wasn't that good in the first place for quad core ocing either way), Ram choice is not really a life and death situation, Same with the GFX card considering next gen cards are close to release (It makes you put into perspective more the performance differences between the 8800GTS G92, the 8800GT and 9800GTX)
Now, If you can't reply to that civilly, don't bother replying at all. IE: No flaming, no random biased comments/opinions (Do proper research) before you start rebuking people on false terms. You should address people a bit more professionally then you do here. You also need to separate the difference between constructive criticism and flames...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're poking a dead horse there. The argument ended almost 10 hours ago when I let you have the last word, remember? Let it go, it's time to move on. I don't cry for attention, I'm only mildly arrogant, and that's only when provoked. I never disputed the performance differences between the 9800 GTX and the 8800 GTS, I merely stated that the 9800 GTX is better suited for SLI, even if by a small margin. I never disputed that you could reach higher frequencies on an Intel board, either. Who's putting words in the other's mouth now?

About the Freezer 7 Pro, have you actually used it? Answer me that. Because I have, and it ****ing rules. I haven't used yours, which is why I'm asking. If you've used both and can make a safe comparison, then that's fine, but you should have simply said that from the beginning so we could move past it.

I'm not power tripping, I told him to find what I recommended because (obviously) I've had positive experiences with it. I don't recommend just based on specs. That would be retarded. If I haven't actually used the piece of hardware, I recommend based on good reviews, hence the 9800 GTX. You just want to make me look like the ******* because I've pissed on your parade. It's really not nice, and it's certainly not making you look better than me if that's what you're hoping for.

Now, stop trolling. The argument is over and has been over all day. We've both said everything we need to say. It's over.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before we get a chance to see another iteration of this perilous cycle, let me interject, here.

First off, after my reply, there are not going to be any further points made in this on-going argument. You've both made your recommendations and supplied some form of justification for them, based on personal experience as well as some technical savvy. That, I'm sure, is precisely what wheres_warren was looking for. From this point onward, I'm sure that he is more than capable of checking into all the valid recommendations made on his own, weighing his options according to his budget, his needs, and any other personal preferences that come into play.

Let me stress this - there does not need to be a victor or a heated debate in a thread asking for recommendations. While it's a nice thing to want to provide someone with what you believe will be your best advice, that's all it needs to be; trying to make absolutely certain that your advice is followed because it will either spare him from a "poor" purchase (I am not insinuating that either set of recommendations includes such purchases) or better fit his budget is not up to you - it's up to him. If that cannot be accepted, then I don't believe you can state, with complete truth, that you are doing what this thread has asked you to.

The debate is over. If I catch anyone sneaking in a rebuttal beyond here, it'll be met with a warning. We've seen enough here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom