Pie Rats

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
w00t! Pirates comes out today and I'm about to go see it in an hour!!! I haven't been this excited about seeing a movie since....well...I forgot...but still!

Unfortunately, this is the internet...so people here like to spoil everyone's fun every chance they get, and someone has already spoiled the ending for me in a cleverly disguised topic on another forum.

Topic: Dead Man's Chest
*click*
Content in big bold letters: *ending spoiler*

So needless to say, this is another case of Harry Potter all over again, so if you wanna see this movie without being spoiled, stay away from any Pirates of the Carribean topics....other than this once...since I'm awesome and I dont spoil stuff >.>

I will come back and post how good or bad I thought the movie was.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I saw the movie at 12 midnight and it was really really good. It was the very first showing ever in my county and I was glad I went, even though I got home at 3:30 in the morning >_<. The cliffhanger really gets you. It has much more comedy then the last one and pretty much this is like the best one around.

SPOILERS:
The Kraken and Davey Jone's and his crew was beautifully done with CGI. Loved how the Kraken destoryed the ships the way it did. Never expected Captin Barbaso to come back at the end. Everyone in the theatre flipped out when that happend.

I really can not wait to see the next movie. Too bad its coming out next year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
careful with your spoilers, Kidboy. If someone quotes you, it's revealed.

But, one of the things you mentioned in there can be found out by simply looking at the movie's cast list.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
careful with your spoilers, Kidboy. If someone quotes you, it's revealed.

But, one of the things you mentioned in there can be found out by simply looking at the movie's cast list.
Thats actually how I found out myself before the movie came out. The Internet Movie Database is awesome to have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Thats actually how I found out myself before the movie came out. The Internet Movie Database is awesome to have.
Well at the end of Pirates 1, it seemed inevitable. I just wasn't sure if they'd go through with it.

With a 3rd pirates movie coming out, I'm sure what happened with Jack will all be resolved and explained. Just remember...he's Captain Jack Sparrow ;)

As for you-know-who, I'm glad to see him ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kept waiting for the voodoo lady to say stuff like "Who joo won' me ta keell?" and "Ju got axe fo' me?" Hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KICK ASS MOVIE!!!

My review will be short and sweet. It's good. Go see it. Right now. End of review.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gona watch it when it comes here. Can hardly wait XD

Best answers
Hopefully I'll get to see it soon. I was one of those that completly skipped out seeing the first one just because it was Disney. I was skeptical... but after finally watching the first one I thought it was really good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Hopefully I'll get to see it soon. I was one of those that completly skipped out seeing the first one just because it was Disney. I was skeptical... but after finally watching the first one I thought it was really good.
You didn't watch it just because it was a Disney movie? That's just plain stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iv'e never even seen the first version, but the KH2 story line for Pirates Of the Carribean were pretty good so the movie should be.

Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
You didn't watch it just because it was a Disney movie? That's just plain stupid.
Not really. Disney is a company that markets to <10 year olds. I expected the movie to be soft and cuddly, and it wasn't what I expected. Disney proved me wrong. They haven't since, however.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I was with Tassadar here. I thought it was a neat idea for a movie, but I also thought that the Disneyness was going to completely ruin whatever awesome it could have had. But I ended up seeing it and thought it was great. I still stand by my belief that Disney cartoons and Disney sports movies aren't even vomit-worthy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Not really. Disney is a company that markets to <10 year olds.
That is also a very stupid way of thinking. Time for a little lesson about Disney's business world.

Disney is a big movie powerhouse. What does this mean? It means it owns many movie, TV, and music studios. MGM (The Roaring Lion) is a pretty solid example, and this is just one company.

So Disney owns MGM. In fact, you can just say MGM and Disney are twin brothers. Disney World in florida even has one theme park named MGM Studios, a seperate theme park of Disney world just like The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom.

Let me share with you some of MGM's movies that aren't <10. After all, according to you, Disney is only markets for <10 year olds with Pirates being the exception. Lets see what these Disney-owned movies say about that.

Jeepers Creepers
Silence of the Lambs
All James Bond movies
Clerks
Flyboys
Polterguist
The Amityville Horror
Carrie
Child's Play
Stigmata
ect ect ect

So as you can see, Disney owns its share of crude humor, war violence, thrillers, and gorey slasher flicks.

But to give you a much broader range of things that Walt Disney Studios own, here's a list for you to refer to. You're more than welcome to go look up your favorite R-rated movies and shows from these companies.

Motion pictures

The Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group is a collection of Disney's main movie studios, made up of:

Walt Disney Pictures
Touchstone Pictures
Hollywood Pictures
Miramax Films
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM)
Columbia TriStar

Television

Walt Disney Television
Touchstone Television
ABC Entertainment
ABC Television Network
Buena Vista Television
ESPN
Soapnet
Lifetime

Record labels

Buena Vista Music Group
Walt Disney Records
Mammoth Records
Lyric Street Records
Hollywood Records

Theatrical

Walt Disney Theatrical
Hyperion Theatrical (produces non-Disney-branded shows)

Animation

Walt Disney Feature Animation
Walt Disney Television Animation
DisneyToon Studios
Pixar Animation Studios - Pixar and Disney were supposed to split up after "Cars." Well...Disney just bought Pixar recently.

Misc
Disney also owns a large number of shares in Sony and Comcast Corp.

So I hope you've learned something today. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Just because Disney Studios has Micky Mouse for a mascot doesn't mean its JUST kid stuff...

The business world is a big place, and in the end, a lot of smaller companies are only doing the bidding for the "big boss," which in this case....is Disney.

Remember. Just because Mickey Mouse or a Castle logo/watermark isn't on the DVD box, DOESN'T mean Disney doesn't own all rights to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for that informative lesson in Disney driven business economics.

Now get back on topic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the ****, Disney owns that much? o_O

Anywho~

I never saw PotC 1, but I heard it roxor'd many a person's boxorz, so I think I'll eventually be getting the movies on DVD. I'm not really a fan of going to the theatre. :3

Best answers
I'm well aware of Disney's empire. But parent and child companies often act as seperate entities. When Disney slaps it's own logo on movies, they're generally marketed for children.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going to see it in a couple hours. But I hate going to theatres by myself =\

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha yeah I just saw it today and it kicked ass amd Elizabeth was acting hilarious towards the end...But there was a damn baby(s) crying at times so that kinda ruined parts.

But I don't get a couple of things...

BIGASS SPOILERS

Why did Elizabeth tie Jack to the Black Pearl? And I am curious to why the monkey is still half dead even though the Aztec gold was returned? And I didn't catch why Jack had a deal with Davy Jones and why he wanted the heart.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I didn't know they translated our movies into Slovenian.
Correction. Our guys translate them >.<

Wich is also why we get ****ty translations >.<

Wich is also the reason why i dont read subtitles XD

Just a question. I skipped all the trailers and stuff. So im in the dark about this. Is Will in this part to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom