Pie Rats

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Correction. Our guys translate them >.<

Wich is also why we get ****ty translations >.<

Wich is also the reason why i dont read subtitles XD

Just a question. I skipped all the trailers and stuff. So im in the dark about this. Is Will in this part to?
Yeaj, all the old characters are back in the movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yarr...there be spoilerous waters ahead...

Why did Elizabeth tie Jack to the Black Pearl?
The Kraken was after him, not the ship itself. If he'd got in the longboat with Elizabeth and Will there's a good chance the Kraken would've killed them all. Plus I think she was still a bit annoyed at Jack 'trading' her husband-to-be with Davey Jones.

And I am curious to why the monkey is still half dead even though the Aztec gold was returned?
After the credits of 'Curse of the Black Pearl' you see the monkey scurry over to the chest of Aztec gold and steal a piece, thus becoming cursed (and immortal) again.

And I didn't catch why Jack had a deal with Davy Jones and why he wanted the heart.
The Black Pearl was a sunken ship, Davy Jones (using his powers over the sea), brought it back up from the depths and granted Jack Sparrow a 13-year stint as its captain. The movie takes place at the end of the thirteenth year. Even though Jack was only captain for a little while before the crew, led by Barbossa (who was the First Mate at the time) mutinied and took it over. Jones didn't seem to care much about that.

The reason Jack wanted the heart was because he didn't want Will Turner to destroy it (killing Davey Jones before he could 'call off' the Kraken from it's mission of hunting Jack), and because he could use it as a bartering piece to clear his debt with Jones.

Good film, left me yearning to find out what happens next, a bit too much Kraken CGI but otherwise I think it got a pretty unfair rep from the critics (RottenTomatoes put it at 58%). Never-the-less it broke the records for 'Opening Day' and 'Opening Week' takings ($130m+) and when I went to see it today both screens of the whole cinema were packed out. Yar!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just saw it today, man what a movie! Just as good as the first if not possibly better! May 7th 2007 just seems so far away now to wait for POTC3: World's End. Its worst than having to wait till November to see what hapenned to Locke and Echoe after the Lost Season 2 Finale :( . It rocked anyway! And I was glad to see those two "Barbossa Regime" pirates back as "good" guys. I was surprised to see that nobody questioned or interogated them as to their presence. Did we miss a bout of "parley", between scenes? :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the first one.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll start off with what I didn't like:

Why would William want to save Jack's ass after he just saw Elizabeth making out with him? I could understand if Elizabeth explained her reasons to Will, but given the importance of an explanation like that but no scene of it, I really doubt he did get explanation for it.

The whole concept of the third movie being of them going to save Jack is annoying. I hate it when sacrifice(even if one is forced into it) is made meaningless. Bugs the **** out of me. I mean seriously, leave Jack dead and have the third movie deal with Will tryin to get the heart back and save daddy.

Now I loved just about the rest of the movie, but my favorite part had to have been the part where Norrington, Jack, and Will were all swordfighting. That scene will be a classic classic, even if one has to suspend his disbelief a bit higher than normal.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:

In response to you (Deman):

Jack technically didn't "sacrifice" himself. Elizabeth did THAT for him. Probably for the reason that, since Jack left Will for dead, she left HIM for dead. Notice he tried to escape, he had no intention of going down with the ship. He's got some honor, but not that much. He only charged the Kraken because he knew at that point that he was doomed and he'd rather fight the thing like his style suggests than try to run, get snagged by one of the numerous tentacles surrounding all sides of the ship and get slurped.

Secondly, they can't NOT have Jack in the next film. He's the moneymaker of this series. People care a LOT less about Will and Elizabeth. Besides, in my opinion, the more plot, the longer the film, the better. I have no trouble keeping track of numerous plotpoints, and it only makes it more satisfying when a piece of plot we overlooked most of the film comes back at the end to bite us all in the ass.

I can't wait for the third one, and I like it just as it is.

Oh, and by the way...what will you bet that the creepy psychic lady is Jones' long lost heartbreak-er...rip...?

Savvy...?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
Deman said:

In response to you (Deman):

Jack technically didn't "sacrifice" himself. Elizabeth did THAT for him. Probably for the reason that, since Jack left Will for dead, she left HIM for dead. Notice he tried to escape, he had no intention of going down with the ship. He's got some honor, but not that much. He only charged the Kraken because he knew at that point that he was doomed and he'd rather fight the thing like his style suggests than try to run, get snagged by one of the numerous tentacles surrounding all sides of the ship and get slurped.

Secondly, they can't NOT have Jack in the next film. He's the moneymaker of this series. People care a LOT less about Will and Elizabeth. Besides, in my opinion, the more plot, the longer the film, the better. I have no trouble keeping track of numerous plotpoints, and it only makes it more satisfying when a piece of plot we overlooked most of the film comes back at the end to bite us all in the ass.

I can't wait for the third one, and I like it just as it is.

Oh, and by the way...what will you bet that the creepy psychic lady is Jones' long lost heartbreak-er...rip...?

Savvy...?
It's still a sacrifice. A choice by Elizabeth, not Jack, but still a sacrifice. I'd be perfectly fine. Yes, Jack is the money maker, which is probably why I'm so annoyed. "Let's make it looks like he dies by getting eaten by a bigass squid, but they have the chance to rescue him god knows how." I felt kinda ripped off at the end :/ More plot is cool and all, so long as it's good plot, not keeping characters in for more money.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, its not just money. Jack Sparrow is the favorite character anyway. Almost anyone who's scene either movie will tell you that. He's the heart and soul of the series!

Best answers
i saw it on opening day, to bad i was with freinds, adn wasnt really watching the movie, from what i did watch, it was good, and at the end there's a special "treat" (dunno if ne one said anything about it)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
I thought the same thing, for one she knew the story a little too well and had a wry smile when describing the woman in it, also the symbol on her locket was the same as the one on Davey Jones' music box. Also one of her voodoo charms was a crab claw, which Jones has too.

And I agree with you, without Jack Sparrow POTC3 would be nothing.

Deman said:
"Let's make it looks like he dies by getting eaten by a bigass squid, but they have the chance to rescue him god knows how."
Hey, Barbossa was brought back from the dead, why can't Jack? Besides we never saw him die, he got swallowed whole by the Kraken, it didn't bite his head off or anything, he could still be alive in there :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom