Piccolo training Gohan wip

Best answers
What's wrong with the face is the expression. He looks to happy and cross-eyed too.
Trying moving to pupil to the center of his eye,make his mouth straight and perhaps lower the eyebrows.

Could you post your uvmap? there was alot wrong with your tien one.
Also i think his forearms are a tad to short,and you need more shading on your texture,it looks like a screengrab of the anime is pasted on his face(which is in this case bad)

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all i see is a bigline down the middlw of his face it makes it look like you made one side then the other well i can see it all the way down the middle of the model it think they need moving closer together

i have circled the vertexes then need moveing closer together

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the side profile is good, need to do some work on the front though.

widen the head and shoulders a little bit, shorten his chest a little, lessen the width of the boots a little to give the pants more of a poof at the bottom. And the arms look like sausages, try shrinking the upper ring on the biceps a little.

also make real hands, at that polycount potato hands are a bit redundant =).

Best answers
@madman: Yes they are 2 separate models, but that's because i mirrored them -> makes for much faster modelling.

@ nuttzy: thanks for the crits man, they were very helpfull. I think he looks better now.

@ movento: here's an uvmap please make all the comments you want i need to learn it!

Best answers
This uvmap looks better then your tien one.
Imo the pants dont need that much uvspace compared to the other parts.Ofcourse there are parts who need less uvspace such as the bottom of his boots,but i can't really tell where that is on the uvmap.
I can't seem to find the hair uv's. There's some really small rectangular uv's near his pecs. Can you tell me what that is?

Keep working on it :)

Best answers
Those really small are uv's are the inner side of his gi.

Also i haven't uvmapped the hair yet because it's another object. So no shading for the hair yet.

Anyway thanks for the crits, appreciate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks worse actually. That angle in the middle looks a lot worse, although the skin does look a tad better.

Best answers
I'd say he's pretty much finished. Except for the hair then.

I do have a nasty smoothing issue around his nose. I tried editing the triangulation but nothing worked. Anybody got any ideas?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say he's pretty much finished. Except for the hair then.

I do have a nasty smoothing issue around his nose. I tried editing the triangulation but nothing worked. Anybody got any ideas?

try doing the smothing in ms3d using the weld tool

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
try chamfering under the nose..

And iono perhaps try to smoothen out the mouth abit or define the lips more..

and the hands could use more detail.. try making a glove shape at least, that way his hand can open and close..

also the shoes might need to be abit more "pointy" if your going for the anime look =]

buuut.. for a low poly model looks good bud =]

maybe I'll learn to uv map sometime soon... 4 now i'll just stick to my materials and modeling...

btw what are the benefit of Uv mapping vs creating your own materials and putting them where you like ?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Videojinx said:
btw what are the benefit of Uv mapping vs creating your own materials and putting them where you like ?
I guess UVW mapping is for low poly models.

Best answers
try chamfering under the nose..

And iono perhaps try to smoothen out the mouth abit or define the lips more..

and the hands could use more detail.. try making a glove shape at least, that way his hand can open and close..

also the shoes might need to be abit more "pointy" if your going for the anime look =]

buuut.. for a low poly model looks good bud =]

maybe I'll learn to uv map sometime soon... 4 now i'll just stick to my materials and modeling...

Thanks

What would chamfering help to the smoothness?

Also the lips aren't even modelled.
And yeah the hands are pretty low poly ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom