Piccolo fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jin means human. Saiya-jin means a human from Saiya race. It's the same reason why Namekians are Namekians and not Namek-sei-jins or whatever in English. Although using -jin isn't quite wrong and it's actually commonly used in Daizenshuu EX. You can check Daizenshuu forums for more correct info.

In any case your argument is invalid.
I laugh at you sir.

Jin doesn't mean human LMAO otherwise a Saiya-jin would be partially human, and Saiya-jin doesn't mean person from Saiya, Saiya-jin is a vegetable.

I've just shown how unreliable any information you've posted is.

As for the 4 finger Piccolo, I've always wondered why the animation had his fingernails white and with 5 fingers, glad SOME people are getting it right :D

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I laugh at you sir.

Jin doesn't mean human LMAO otherwise a Saiya-jin would be partially human, and Saiya-jin doesn't mean person from Saiya, Saiya-jin is a vegetable.
You seriously have no idea what you're talking about, do you.

Saiyans' names are based off vegetables, yes, but I doubt "Saiya" means a vegetable (proof would be welcome), however "jin" in Japanese means human. Saiya-jin means Saiya human, a human from Saiya planet, which in English would be Saiyan, just like a human from America is American.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You seriously have no idea what you're talking about, do you.

Saiyans' names are based off vegetables, yes, but I doubt "Saiya" means a vegetable (proof would be welcome), however "jin" in Japanese means human. Saiya-jin means Saiya human, a human from Saiya planet, which in English would be Saiyan, just like a human from America is American.
Yasei is where the word Saiya was derived from, and jin means people, not human. That's why most if not all Saiya-jins you see in the series have the name of a vegetable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe it's romanized as "yasai", which makes it pretty clear where the whole phonetic play for saiya came from. The -jin at the end of saiya-jin is used to say of or from saiya, like you would say nihon-jin to describe someone from Japan or amerika-jin for someone from America. I think it's 100% proper for us to use saiyan when referring to the fictional race.

Regardless of what the deciding factor was for adding an extra finger to piccolo for the anime adaptation, a finger was added to a character that didn't originally have it, that much is clear. As for the correct colors, that gets a little troublesome. The belt was easy enough because it's red in a number of manga colorings, however I've seen a few comments saying that the pink muscle areas are supposed to be yellowish... I've seen the yellowish tint a bunch of times in the manga colorings, and I've also seen it pink. However, in the one's I've seen with the yellowish tint, you can also see that piccolos entire color scheme is stylized, even giving his skin a yellowish tint and I've seen his clothing stylized with a red tint. This stylizing is common place in the manga colorings. You'll often see characters colors being over and under saturated. That's why getting the original colors down correctly might be difficult but we're all just doing the best we can to keep true to Akira Toriyama's original work.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
Quick question too, how much of a poly count difference is there between his hands and someone elses's hands? :p
To answer this question, not much really, like 50 polygon diff at most. They all use a similar hand mesh for consistency, so really all we did was cut one finger off the hand mesh and edit the hand a bit.

Anyways, once again, hlev and everyone else, can we stay on topic, this thread is bout fingers, not which ****in site is correct, I dont care whose right, but if your gonna argue do it in pm's and not spam the thread.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jin actually means a reptile humanoid in hebrew and arabic (also demon). It comes to no surprise people that the very same Jin in tekken is half DEMON!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hlev and everyone else, can we stay on topic, this thread is bout fingers, not which ****in site is correct, I dont care whose right, but if your gonna argue do it in pm's and not spam the thread.
Then tell these nubcakes to stop arguing with me, because I know what I'm talking about and bring valid arguments. If it was Jason arguing with me, then alright, I wouldn't even care, but now more people want to look as if they know anything. And I myself always liked arguing over something I know I'm right about :(

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill say this only once so read it 10 times people.

Next person to post about what site is right and what site isnt or any such bull**** will get thread banned from this thread.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know a native Japanese speaker, I'll find out the meaning for Jin. Sites be damned.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ill say this only once so read it 10 times people.

Next person to post about what site is right and what site isnt or any such bull**** will get thread banned from this thread.
So we get the freedom of speach taken away , we can't give our opinions about the game? Is it not what the majority of the the threads is for? You give us pictures and videos of what you conjured up in the game and you expect us not to give us our opinion? Who are you to say that? Each and everyone has our own opinion which shouldn't be refrained from us? Is it wrong to criticize on such a thing? That is why this community is here , to give our opinions on what they like and what they don't like , that is how you guys mostly determine what will and what will not be good in games. So why make harsh statements like that. Why can't you let us have our opinions. Its not doing any physical harm to you nor is it giving you a mental complex. But I do agree that the unnecessary perpetuating bickering on something like this is absurd and shouldn't be progressed any further unless in a justly manner.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
wtf are you talking about, we arent taking away your opinions, we are redirecting them to a different thread/pm's. This threads topic is about PICCOLOS FINGER COUNT, not WHOSE WEBSITE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHERS...., no one is saying you cant have an opinion about that, just not here.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So we get the freedom of speach taken away , we can't give our opinions about the game? Is it not what the majority of the the threads is for? You give us pictures and videos of what you conjured up in the game and you expect us not to give us our opinion? Who are you to say that? Each and everyone has our own opinion which shouldn't be refrained from us? Is it wrong to criticize on such a thing? That is why this community is here , to give our opinions on what they like and what they don't like , that is how you guys mostly determine what will and what will not be good in games. So why make harsh statements like that. Why can't you let us have our opinions.
By all means give crits and your opinions. Thats one reason why we post the pictures. Nothing wrong with that. What i dont want is people to continue that pointless argument what DBZ fansite is the most official. Once again, your opinions are not in question, im mearly seeing to it that a pointless argument about websites is stopped in a thread thats about crits on out decision to make piccolo like in the manga.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So we get the freedom of speach taken away , we can't give our opinions about the game? Is it not what the majority of the the threads is for? You give us pictures and videos of what you conjured up in the game and you expect us not to give us our opinion? Who are you to say that? Each and everyone has our own opinion which shouldn't be refrained from us? Is it wrong to criticize on such a thing? That is why this community is here , to give our opinions on what they like and what they don't like , that is how you guys mostly determine what will and what will not be good in games. So why make harsh statements like that. Why can't you let us have our opinions. Its not doing any physical harm to you nor is it giving you a mental complex. But I do agree that the unnecessary perpetuating bickering on something like this is absurd and shouldn't be progressed any further unless in a justly manner.
Just FYI, not everyone is going to take jokes well. Internets are a bad force carrier particle for sarcasm. That being said, troll lightly, LOL.

Best answers
This has been the most pointless nerd rage argument I have seen in years! Thanks for that!

On the topic of the Piccolo model (and I suppose any of the characters), how exactly are you working the eye rigs for animation? The rig I personally use has issues with non-spherical eye geometry and causes the eyeballs to act all wonky. Are the eyes actually spherical with the socket acting as the shape or are you using a special rig?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This has been the most pointless nerd rage argument I have seen in years! Thanks for that!

On the topic of the Piccolo model (and I suppose any of the characters), how exactly are you working the eye rigs for animation? The rig I personally use has issues with non-spherical eye geometry and causes the eyeballs to act all wonky. Are the eyes actually spherical with the socket acting as the shape or are you using a special rig?
You can easily rig it in a way that non spherical shapes work, usually this is done by parenting a sphere to another object like a locator and after that doing the resizing so you get the non spherical shape youre after.

I dont know how the ESF devs did it but there are a few ways to achieve this

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I know a native Japanese speaker, I'll find out the meaning for Jin. Sites be damned.
I study Japanese. Jin is indeed actually "person". But of course it could be used as "people" or "from...". Japanese person i.e nihon-jin. So no, jin is not "human" that is incorrect. But I think it was only bad use of words. Since we all got the meaning anyway.

I think we all can agree that we see the team wanting to stay true to the manga, and 3 fingers is set. And some other things like the pink or yellow hue on the arms is up for debate. But it will still be the teams final decision which makes it one or the other. In their decision they will always start from the manga, but sometimes things aren't 100%, and that's where they take A over B. You can't argument why they don't follow the manga on other things apart from the 3 fingers. Because they actually do, but sometimes it isn't always practical to do so.

And about the names, this is still an English game. So it will stay true to the manga but still be translated!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And about the names, this is still an English game. So it will stay true to the manga but still be translated!
But why use incorrectly translated ones?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Because it's what everyone knows them by. The japanese viewers don't care because they know them by the japanese names, the western fans don't care because we know them by the names we got in the dub. So who cares about the names? Only you apparently.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hlev you are not 100% right there. The names are not badly translated. I'll give you an example. My name is Zlatko. How do the japanese pronounce and write it? Zuratoko. So even when they want to say Zlatko it still comes out like Zuratoko, because they have a hard time pronouncing two consonants after eachother and "L" comes out as more like "R". Thus, the same goes for Krillin. It's the correct translation of the romanized Kuririn. They are both the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom