Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hlev you are not 100% right there. The names are not badly translated. I'll give you an example. My name is Zlatko. How do the japanese pronounce and write it? Zuratoko. So even when they want to say Zlatko it still comes out like Zuratoko, because they have a hard time pronouncing two consonants after eachother and "L" comes out as more like "R". Thus, the same goes for Krillin. It's the correct translation of the romanized Kuririn. They are both the same.
I'm for accuracy. Krillin is not an accurate romanization, if going by the rules applied to romanizing other names. Also Kuririn and Kulilin were written in the manga (in English), so they're kind of official (basically you choose one of them, I guess). Viz Media, which translated DB manga into English, romanized the names much more accurately than FUNimation. I'm not even talking about how FUNi screwed at pronouncing them.

In any case it doesn't matter that much, I just found it slightly annoying that the team is going by manga for character designs yet calls characters by FUNi names.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His name is Krilin. Deal with it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My name is Christopher. People call me Chris. [video=youtube;KBaUcYqKoTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBaUcYqKoTs[/video]

Lets end it at Goku's real name is Zero in a certain dub.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm for accuracy. Krillin is not an accurate romanization, if going by the rules applied to romanizing other names. Also Kuririn and Kulilin were written in the manga (in English), so they're kind of official (basically you choose one of them, I guess). Viz Media, which translated DB manga into English, romanized the names much more accurately than FUNimation. I'm not even talking about how FUNi screwed at pronouncing them.

In any case it doesn't matter that much, I just found it slightly annoying that the team is going by manga for character designs yet calls characters by FUNi names.

Ask your therapist about Asperger's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom