People these days.....

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, its just an observation but have you noticed how if you enter any internet community, or your in any chat room/mp game for the first time, everyone is a complete condecending **** towards you? its like if your new you dont deserve any respect, and people are really judgemental about anything you say/do..... Im guilty of it myself sometimes, but im trying to change, its just its amazing how people can be so hostile to each other only because they dont know them. I would never talk to some people on the street like some people on the net talk to each other, its shocking, everyone is really judgemental. I have a few theories on why it happens, of course im probably wrong about them:

1) you cant see or hear them, i think it can be a problem because they cant see your facial expressions which makes it really hard to tell sumtimes the manner in which they are talking to you (same with the expressions in their voice)

2) When i see some huge guy with bulging muscles that could crush skulls with his bear hands, im not gonna call him a ****ing newb on first encounter on the net, nobody respects each other, because you have no fear of being hurt or put down because you have no way of measuring your authority over them, so you can sit they, type whatever you like, and be happy that you can look like your top dog.

3) People are defensive of their communities, when someone enters they are an outsider, and knows nothing about what is taking place in the community, or what has happened previously. They get treated like an outsider, like an intruder in their territory, and they defend their heirarchial position they have established in their community by putting newcomers down.

4) New people are dumb

anyway, i dunno, whats your take on it? ever encountered it or observed it anywhere?

Best answers
1. People have no respect
2. People love to argue.
3. People never listen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
newbs are cool!

-this is not spam. original post deleted by me.-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man said:
Heh, this one kid tried to act all big and bad on counter-strike. come to find out, he lived a couple of cities away from me. the guy was stupid enough to post his address thinking i wouldnt show up. so i called up some boyz and went to his crib, knocked on his door, and asked for him. when he got to the door, he was some skinny ass boy with glasses. so bada-beam bada-boom.. we whooped his ass for talking stuff on the net.

And if i talk stuff on the net, im sure to back it up. only 1 out of 10 people thats on the net roll with a clik deep enough to shut down a club *mines consist of over 50 people. since we know some people who know some people that is quick enough to cop a scrap*

what i dislike about the world today=

1.) People trying to be something that they're not, for instance trying to act black when youre white thinking youre cool, but ur just making a fool out of yourself.

2.) People who cry because they dont wanna take the time to learn something and always ask other people for help. even on the simplest task where they just ahve to read to do it.

3.) When you do something for someone, but when you ask for something in return, he comes up with dozens of excuses and never do them. *i have occasions on this one, ill admit that*

yeah yeah dawg we be rollin on dubs yo! i bust a cap in those f00ls asses homie! den i be like "Wh0a bish! you didn't jes diss mah sheet ho!" and i be like *BOoM Clak smack cawk r0ck* n liek trees be fallin down n sheet n like everyone gotta be all up in my hizzie fer shizzie dizzawg! yo know what i b talkin bout g? bust a nut, what, slut? dayum! I gotsta pick me up dat new eminem sheet yo! that sheet is tha joint yo! i sliiiiide it in my cd playa like i sliiiiiiiiiiidde it in ya momma yo

>.>

and by the way, it's clique, not clik or click.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its "click".. and i like ur post :D

woah woah woah. slide what in my momma? that 2cm thing you call a d***? bleh get out my face or get on my level, better yet none of that, cuz i know you aint real all you do is chit-chat. tried to be nice but hell naw, and stop talkin with yo hands in yo draws, think you hawd and only got one ball, talkin bout my momma will get joo killed my nizza, so get on my level, oh you cant cuz im too skilled my nizza :p

i still love you

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your referring to a group of pople being a "click" then satan is right,

skiwan this is prettymuch true, however, if they want something from you they act quite the opposite,

Best answers
Would you two pieces of **** stop *****ing on eachother and just keep the **** ontopic? This aint a freestyle rap battle thread so get that **** in a PM or get the **** out of here.

Nowthen, Ice man. We really "really" dont care howmuch friends you have. For all we know, your that skinny 12 year old with glasses how got the **** beaten out of him for talking trash in a game of CS. And mr satan was using something called SACRASUM. He didnt mean it. He was pointing out how ****ing low of a lifeform you really are.

Now is that enough or what you people mean?

Keep on topic or get warned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
Would you two pieces of **** stop *****ing on eachother and just keep the **** ontopic? This aint a freestyle rap battle thread so get that **** in a PM or get the **** out of here.

Nowthen, Ice man. We really "really" dont care howmuch friends you have. For all we know, your that skinny 12 year old with glasses how got the **** beaten out of him for talking trash in a game of CS. And mr satan was using something called SACRASUM. He didnt mean it. He was pointing out how ****ing low of a lifeform you really are.

Now is that enough or what you people mean?

Keep on topic or get warned.

Yup :D I found it hilarious how he thought I was serious.

Best answers
I think Iceman is a perfect example of why people are *******s on the internet. Not implying that any specific person that might have posted in this thread is an ******* but actions speak louder than words...erherm.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SARCASM ALERT !_! Davidskiwan, you're just a newb that knows nothing about anything!!! look when I signed up compared to when you signed up!....

oh wait, forgot I wanted something from you
David, you're one of the best forum-goers around. You're an awesome artist END SARCASM -_-

yeah, it's bad, but if you look at some of the older users at this forum, you have to admit that there is some form of maturity. It's like you get those who think they've been around forever and treat others like crap, then you've got those who are even older than them that are pretty good to get along with.

*edit*
oh yeah, Nadz, I know IceMan so I know he knows Satan is joking. But yeah, get on topic guys.

as I said before, there are often users who show quite the opposite results without wanting something from you, it's just kind of hard to find them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, EVERY IRC CHANNEL (and forum) IN EXISTANCE is exactly how david described it.

Best answers
No not really, teh secret channel is friendly to all who enter

and the ppl who are like that are just the immature ones

Take this forum for example

all of the Elder, Mature members such as ET, Seman, Darko, Cuc, Ryoko, Hwo, all the team members, and many others are quite nice and only flame in defense if at all.

It's those members who are insecure about themselves in the real world who do things like flame and spam for no reason on the internet. One of the problems is that many of the kids who are frequent internet goers are somewhat social outcasts (not all, many) and find solace in putting themselves higher than others because they have been with a mod or forum longer. Then all the anger they feel from being shut out from the real world (which is sometimes their own faults) they take out on the newer ppl.

Also some of the older members do flame on occasion in places like IRC, but there is good reason for that, such as the person is annoying and is deserving.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
newbs are cool!

-this is not spam. original post deleted by me.-

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, im not the only one then, and i have noticed that the older people on the net seem to always be much more mature, and dont bash the new people. Its strange though how we all experience it but we dont know how to solve it, at least without some effect to peoples freedom. Im not sure why but it is sort-of bread into evry member of most forums that newbs can be abused. I know how people sumtimes get pissed with the model requests, advertising posts, wrong forum posts, and other things that new people do, but ive always read them, and not been annoyed, and I never post, i just think, "heh more work for the mods", and ive also seen that the same people that create the threads hardly ever get above 5-10 posts, maybe that is because they do get such a hostile response to their questions. The thing is, i dont mind mods telling off the newbs, but what i dislike is members telling the newbs off, because it isnt their fault they get things wrong, they just arent use to the social rules of internet communities, and when this occurs they usually take the flak from other newbs before them, which i think is totally unfair. Dont get me wrong though, members that actually post to help them i think is fine, but i often see people telling the newbs off when their input isnt needed. The rule of not acting like a mod does help, but there is newb bashing in other threads, communities, games, irc, almost evry interactive internet community, its hard to stop. anyway, all im doing is whining so i'll shut up.....

Best answers
lol, too true, I'm starting to feel like flaming the people that request something, but I think this also has to do with mob mentallity or something close to mob mentallity.

I'm used to reading people flame at the newcomers that ask for request on the model forum, or people who flame the newcomers that don't read before they post and all. So I immitate those people( not on this forum) who flame

Best answers
ROWR ^_^

HAWKI WINS ^_^

can somone sumarize this thread i have noo idea whats going on because after davids post you all stoped speaking english :p

and hey david

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, hey hawki, basically i posted that, then ice man and mr. satan started to talk weirdly, and then Gonadz put an end to it, then people went back on topic, then people said what they think, and it bring us to this post here..... Anyway, yeah is there anyway to end this persicution (sp?) of newbs?

Best answers
lol being one helps dosent it iceman :p

n00b are all diffrent depending on age any n00b 15 - will be an arse anyone 16 + will usualy try to be less n00bish

there is also the bordom factor where experanced players will get so bored they will act like n00bs to get more fun from the game.

and david use msn or there shal be pain....lots of pain ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom