People these days.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup yup me teh noob!

i think noobs should be more uh.. acknowledge cuz um... we were all noobs once. cant get on a bike and automatically ride it. cant get on a comp and automatically know how to touch-type. and so on... and i love teh noobs!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have an army of n00bs at meh command, cept I never talk to them due to the annoyance level >.>

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to stop the persecution of newbs, david, would be for them to be better listeners while the "elitists"(for lack of better term) more patient. Often enough you get a new guy who you try to help but he doesn't comprehend what you are telling him and expects you to do everything. On the other hand, you get those who refuse to help simply because they do not wish to talk to newbs. Why do they refuse? Possibly because they are sick of the newbs that don't listen. Then it cycles because the newbs who are treated bad may become elitist themselves and continue to treat the new newbs bad.

There are always two sides to every situation. The solution can't lay on just one end, but both.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
yeah yeah dawg we be rollin on dubs yo! i bust a cap in those f00ls asses homie! den i be like "Wh0a bish! you didn't jes diss mah sheet ho!" and i be like *BOoM Clak smack cawk r0ck* n liek trees be fallin down n sheet n like everyone gotta be all up in my hizzie fer shizzie dizzawg! yo know what i b talkin bout g? bust a nut, what, slut? dayum! I gotsta pick me up dat new eminem sheet yo! that sheet is tha joint yo! i sliiiiide it in my cd playa like i sliiiiiiiiiiidde it in ya momma yo

>.>

and by the way, it's clique, not clik or click.
Ahem, *pushes up glasses* I've been observing people's types of living, and i'm convinced that there are two groups of people in this world. *glasses fall*

*pushes glasses up* Now there are the "Thugs" and there are the Star Trek fans. After all of my research and calculations, I have discovered that the Star Trek fans shall live on while the "Thugs" die out because of their lack of knowledge... I mean c'mon, who doesn't pass AP SUPER CALCULUS!?

ZOLTAN! *glasses fall*

Anyway... :laff:

Ice Man's first post was pretty dumb... going to some kids house because of some little insults thrown during a CS game. Who the hell would call their friends and look for someone that took their AK in a game? :rolleyes: As for these so called noobs, they only ask stupid questions because they only want what they're asking for. They don't wanna bother looking through stickies and all that kinda stuff. They just come onto forums because they're having some sort of problem and want a solution quick. They don't have any interest in being a part of the forum community. But then again, there are those who just have no damn clue about anything... so yea...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
newbs are cool!

-this is not spam. original post deleted by me.-

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
MyStiX said:
But then again, there are those who just have no damn clue about anything... so yea...
Oh Oh!! Pick me!!!!

And ice man where the hell do you live?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, people are always going to talk trash over the net, becuase it's fun at times. I do it occasionally, usually if I'm in a bad mood, or just in a silly one, I'll treat someone else badly just to make my day a little better. Sue me, it happens, and I'm sure most people here have done it. It's not going to stop, as long as there's anger in the world, some of it will be taken out on the internet.

As for a post like Iceman's first, it just makes you look like a liar, no one is going to beleive you unless they know you personally, so why even post it? You've got nothing to back it up, it'll just start commotion. If you really did go over someone's house and beat them up over a game of counter-strike though, then I strongly suggest you take some anger management classes man. If anyone came to my house ready to beat me up over a game, I'd just laugh at them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is very true, i go on irc, everyone hates me and disagrees with everything i say, and they all ignore me. And someone else brought this up, like if someone like me makes a sig that is fairly desent everyone just has to say that there is something wrong with it, but if someone like a modeler or a mod or just someone that has been here for a while makes a sig thats sucks everyone is like "wow thats sweet" or "god job nothing wrong with this one". its just a bunch of BS. but the point is I completly agree with you david. wouldnt it be great if respect ment nothing? like everyone was treated the same, that would be awsome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man, I never said you were dumb, I simply stated that your post was dumb. What you did was dumb. You think because you live in a bad community makes it ok for you to do something dumb? Nope, I live in Los Angeles, and not the very friendly part of the city either.

No one is calling you dumb, so calm down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:
Ice Man, I never said you were dumb, I simply stated that your post was dumb. What you did was dumb. You think because you live in a bad community makes it ok for you to do something dumb? Nope, I live in Los Angeles, and not the very friendly part of the city either.

No one is calling you dumb, so calm down.
um.....iceman is cool, leave him alone, we are all going offtopic so just stop before this turns into a stupid spam thread [like it already hasnt :rolleyes: ] i think you both need to count to 10 and move on, and there is no such thing as a dumb person just dumb posts, which i dont see any dumb posts, yet. i just want to try to keep the peace between people cause i have been banned twice for disturbances of the peace so dont let it happen to you.

And in other news these days there is no such thing as a "good" community anymore, this world has let money get to there heads and let the sales of stupid things such as cigarettes and alcohal go on just for money, and also let people do disturbing things for a price, when they know these things polute the world and kill people, so communities go down hill, people degrade others and stupid stuff happens. so why start it here?

[man i feel like I just did a stupid speech for debate class]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@neoboy: You should take your own advice and not go off-topic. It isn't your job to keep the peace, that's the job of us moderators and admins.

I was simply clarifying something up to Ice Man. Now that it's been done, we should all get back on-topic, before this thread drops 6 feet under. :rolleyes:

@Ice Man: If you wanna talk to me, PM me, I don't mind.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got an idea. Let's all verbally attack eachother!!!

no wait, that's a bad idea...

so don't do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wanna know Deman.....was what i said a little affensive in anyway, cause im trying to pick up this Peace Keeper additude.

And Mystix: .........

[no more off topic for me]

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh-kay..... anyway, from what phatslugga said, i dont think it is fair to treat people like **** over the net, whatever you say is still offensive, and you wouldnt like it if it was you, and maybe it does make your day better but i find it terribly unethical, and completely wrong to abuse people just because i dont know them. Just imagine if you'd joined the esf forums, you make your first post, then you get a stream of people telling you that your useless, dumb, inadequate, etc, and then it gets closed. What are you going to think? your gonna say, "f**kers, i aint going back there" and its bloody discraceful that people will treat people over the net like this, Its completely predudice, and inhuman to say, just because im talking to them on the net doesnt mean i should treat them with respect. So what if its only the internet, people still can feel bad about it, i get pissed off when i enter a TS game or sumthing, and evry1 picks on me cuz im "a ****ing newb", and you can ignore it but its still pisses me off that i cant have a civilised conversation with people while playing a game. But then again it is up to you, you could take a moral high ground and help sum1 out and feel good about urself, or you could insult them and make your day sumhow a little better.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the word n00b goes with the people who are ignorant, new and impatient, that's why they do not get respect.

However more mature people are not like that, but they share the crap that newcomers get in their face.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats exactly what im saying though, a new person anywhere in any community, is called a newb even though they be members of lots of other communities, but because they are new they get labeled and abused, and no-body respects them. Its a form of predudice, like racism, sexism, ageism, etc, they dont get the same treatment as everyone else, which is wrong, every person in the world has the same human rights, yet new people are put into a catergory where people mock them and abuse them, they do deserve respect, just because they dont know how to act on the net doesnt mean we should talk down to them. You are correct in saying newbs can be ignorant, new and impatient, but that doesnt apply to every new person does it? You can generalise and say that it is only those who are ignorant and impatient, but that isnt true, this label gets stuck to almost anyone with less than 50 posts...... Anyway i think i went over the top on this reply, but im incredibly frustrated because of corel painter, its too damn hard.......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
perfect example

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=38929

nub posting a nub question.... it annoys the "mature" people because the answer is so damn obvious to us. and yet people still seem to make these unimaginably stupid questions and statements.....

same goes for someone in game that cries "OMG HOW DO YOU PLAY!!1!1!!!!111!!"

those are the only kind of people i dislike and give no respect. if someone new to the game were to ask me something thats not so obvious, perhaps how to do a combo or whatnot i wouldnt think as badly of them.

as for forum wise.... when someone is new to a place they usualy ask a lot of questions. questions that have probably been answered a million times before. i know i was asking pretty dumb questions whwn i was a new comer on the boards. people seemed to have short tempers with me. but now people tend to agree with me, maybe its because ive gotten older and matured but who knows. most of the time the people that get little to no respect are the younger ones. little shaquanda pretending to be 34 year old tony from LA is not going to give anyone respect. but old man frank would probably come into the forums with respect for people that are already here. so i think the respect you get depends on the community maturity level and that of the suspected victim.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm in no way saying that doing it is acceptable, I'm just being honest. You dare tell me you've NEVER been an ******* to anyone, ever? It happens, It's not like i do it every single day, but at times, I get so frustrated or angry, I have to take it out on someone else. All of the *****ing in the world isn't goign to stop people from doing it.

It's not like it never happens to me, and of course I hate it, but hey, you're not going to go through life smiling 100% ofthe time. I jsut think it's kind of pointless to complain about it, no one is going to "see the light" and just stop. You just gotta take it sometimes.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, you should read my posts, i said in one of these i completely admit im guilty of being an arsehole sometimes, but if i am im never purposely trying so, i try my best not to, and i dont want to make other people feel bad.

"I have to take it out on someone else"- the point is you dont, it isnt their fault you get so angry, its your response that is angry, you see two people may view a situation in a different way one could be angry and the other could be completely unphased, nobody has the right to go make other people feel bad just cuz people do it it to you, thats bloody hypocritical and un-ethical. As people, nomatter who they are, they deserve the same respect as any other human being, how does sum guy asking if someone could make him a model justify someone to treat him like crap? im sorry but people arent there to wipe your feet on, if you get frustrated by people and then take it out on others all you are doing is spreading the frustration, and doing something to others you wouldnt like them to do to you. So is it one set of rules for you and one for the rest? i know i may be highly critical, but im amazed at the fact some1 takes pride in abusing people because they think their problems are so much more important than somebody elses self-esteem. Everyone has it hard sometimes, but its no reason to try to offend anyone, what have they done to you? you dont like them, ignore them, its simple, and nobody gets frustrated, nobody gets angry, nobody gets abused, and we live in a better society with less aggressive conflict.

"All of the *****ing in the world isn't goign to stop people from doing it." heh, its this apathy that means things like this arent an issue, the thing is this world would be a better place if people learned to not take their frustration out in an aggressive or hurtful way, and if you dont wanna help that happen then you can expect that antisocial behaviour will stay the same as it is now. Nothings going to change if you sit there and let it happen, i think society is incredibly apathetic these days, hence the crime and abuse rates these days, i think it is a much wider issue than just the internet. In the past society was more stable as people learned the value in respect for each other, now the social policies have changed and we can expect it being totally acceptable to have people being disrespectful to others. Dont get me wrong, people are entitled to their own opinions, but they should respect others opinions as well.

I think ive really lost the plot now, im babbling again, god it happens a lot............

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Face it, people are different....

It is physically and mentally impossible for every person in the world to agree, to act the same way, or to think the same the way. Friendships... (like many things) take time and effort. This thread to me.. is a call for help. Skiwan I think you are a great artist and I also frown at the pointless flames, that haunt each and every other forum. But, the smart person takes criticizm in stride, using it to make him stronger and wiser.

The immature person reacts to criticism, with negative criticizm himself. Two wrongs do not make a right.

One could also make the argument that some people are always bringing negative criticizm. The best thing to do with those people, is to ignore them. There obviously stressed out are just looking for attention.

I hope what I have just typed helps you, I would hate to see you leave these forums. You can consider me a friend and someone to talk to when your having problems. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom