People that are calling people noobs.

Best answers
NERD ALERT RAWR! (<< said in a very fast voice with an extended AWRRR)

Ahhhh "noob' is a dead word. The word is scrub.. scrubface (<< doubles as a hiegene comment) .. or dumbface/uglypie.

:OP What I suggest... is people realize that when they call someone a noob for killing them once... that they are getting way too involved in the game >_O.

I dont want ESF to be like this VVVVVV

Example Of A Horrible Community: Counter-Strike
Say you are in a pub... just .. u know havin fun on a pub instead of scriming.
You rack up on kills... someone calls u a "pub allstar rofl ogl noob" ... for "trying" on a pub[lic server]
So what do you do next? U mess around even more and start knifin and crap... so then everyone says "ROFL NOOB QUIT CS U SUCK"

... A never ending circle of hate.... NONE OF THIS FOR ESF! SPREAD THE LOVE! SPREAD IT !

Best answers
well I'm a server op and I can't call people noobs even if I want to so if I'm having a great fight with someone and someone hits me with a disc and says "LOL look I killed him" when he didn't and the other guy should of and if I get beaten again again and again by someone I look at them fight someone else and learn why I was losing and fix it (YES it's that easy people no name calling just pure esf skill) and I have fun doing it it's so lame to just call people noobs just because you beat them heh I was a noob everyone was so take pitty on the guys tell them a hint or something be nice because then you won't get beam spammers because the reason most people spam is because they can't melee

Best answers
:D I always spam... thus the name "ScatterBeam in the corner nub"

^_^ ... =-o All in fun of course.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scrub is a retarded word too. People use "n00b" and "newb" in place of "Hello" on servers anymore. Just ignore it, it's a sign of ignorance and over-involvement in the game that person is playing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
I never use the N word. I can't stand it, and when some loser at school called me it, i was like dont talk to me. It's the most loserish word that's not in the dictionary.
Absolutely.

Best answers
I use it, but not as a derogatory term...i call people who actually are new to the game newbs, because they are. Everyone knows them...the one who comes onto the server and spends the next 10 minutes asking "How do you fight?" or "How do i use melee?", or "Stop Killing me, this is my first time!".

As for beams...there is a huge difference between a beam spammer, and a beamer. A beamer charges and aims his beams carefully for maximum damage. A beam spammer just lets lose wherever the most people are, usually pretty recklessly and with min charged SBC's or scatterbeams or the sort. So, the cell up in the corner, dropping an SBC every couple seconds is a beam spammer. The vegeta catching you off guard with the fully charged gallit gun is a beamer.
I'd consider most beam spammers newbs, but a beamer is a viable tactic...you just gotta keep an eye open for them.

Personally, i don't prefer beams over melee, or vice versa...i have a tendency to melee beamers, and beam meleers.

Best answers
why being angry when they call you a n00b?... i mean... if someone calls you a n00b just ignore... and i'm a n00b too but i don't care... when i don't want to be a n00b anymore i'll go train.... so just let them say : you're a n00b ... just ignore is my advise :)
take it easy... think about your heart ( it's not offensive what i'm saying now )

Best answers
People call other people noobs because:

1. They are a sore looser and cant take it to get beaten (which is about 50% or more of the players ive seen in the ESF-community)

2. They are involved in the game in a level beyond your imagination. (ppl that think they ARE a saiyan)

3. The person is pissed cuz his wife is in her period and he cant bang her :p.

4. Cuz simply he likes to irritate people and is a complete utter ****face.

5. Has a utter hatred for that person for him being lame/***** ignoring server rules and so on.

6. Lastly cuz they are so impatient they cant even tell a new player to ESF how to play this game a little bit, and then having fun.

Its so funny however that every skilled player nowadays forgets he was a noob in the old days aswell, you should ask yourself before calling anyone else a noob, would YOU like to be called a noob?

Course not......however somehow the ESF players forget that alot, and its a real shame.

And like Sonic said, its rare to see a normal "hello" nowadays in a server, somehow "hello" got replaced by "noob"

Best answers
OMG NUMBER 3! that is so for me.

Nothing like kicking n00b butt cause of number 3. The some n00b comes in and hits me. Dang n00bs omg.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i look at it like this, in 1.2 there are now many ways of styles of fighting, we all have our own, some people can deal with some styles better than others, so somtimes i might go on a server and be able to beat the guy with the top score easy, but not be able to win again the guy constantly trailing behind him by 10 frags. Its simply down to style (imo), there are so many possibilities, however some peoples fighting styles are more developed than others though hence skill, the more u play the easier u find it is to pick up things (different tactics and defenses/attack combinations), some things just become routine, and u dont really have to think about it, however new people to the game dont have that untill they play enough.

Best answers
Hmm... if a game is well designed then a newbie SHOULD be able to beat someone whose not every so often. IMO if skill in a game matters so much that its impossible to beat someone more skilled then somethings wrong with the game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I call a person a noob when:
1) They suck horribly.
2) They interrupt my fight once (or on many occasions).
3) If they are constantly killing people from across the map i.e scatter beam, that homing thing goku has, or any other large beam being constantly abused.
4) When someone calls me a noob for using simple melee
5) When someone advance melees me, throws me to the ground, and ki blasts me over and over. Its ok to do this but not every time you hit a person. Its damn annoying and noobish.
6) When someone asks me how to melee.

These are a few reasons why i may call you or someone else a noob. I think that these reasons are valid. If you dont like my rules, who cares? They are my rules.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm..
well.. how about this scenario.. What if its a someone who played ESF since Alpha stages.. but never really played a lot to get good or learned any tricks if did play a lot..
Is that still concidered a noob?

Best answers
I agree with Zoenix I'm affraid. :shocked: I dont like teaching people things.. and I dont deal well with people who dont know what they are doing or ask me questions all the time. Im like the in real life to, my counsler back in grade 12 said "Don't become a teacher" lol

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
hmm..
well.. how about this scenario.. What if its a someone who played ESF since Alpha stages.. but never really played a lot to get good or learned any tricks if did play a lot..
Um...well...you're not a newb (new to esf) so i guess you would be a noob. However, you fall under a different category of noob. Because you havent played as often as others, you never got the chance to get good at it. These noobs that i speak of play the game everyday but do the same **** all the time: Beam spam, interfere with fights, flame people, etc. I dont know you personally, so i cant categorize you as anything, really.

Best answers
Majin Pool said:
Well, today i was fighting against bots, and then suddenly a real player comes in, and starting to beat the crap out of me.
He starts to teleport and kick me, and i look like a helples fool.
Then he starts to call me a noob.
:fight:

well usely i dont respawn and then i put 9 super bots in and say servive this and if i do respawn i use gohans shild :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DarktoothDKD
hmm..

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is me, exactly. Though Shin Carl's clan stalks me and calls me an idiot n00b the last couple of times I've played.

If you want bragging rights, have clan matches and tournaments. Some of us just want to play casually...and the way we'd like, instead of having to adapt others' tactics because they are simply the only effective measures.

Best answers
well..to be honest..i call people noobs only after they start to trash talk me...or shoot beams at me during other fights....usually ill let them go...but if they keep bothering me...ill just say something like"F**** OFF u damn noob!!" or something to that sort..i dont see n00b as a truly terrible thing...if someone calls me a noob...ill go over there and fight them...if i win...ive proven to myself im not a n00b...if i loose..then they were right...its an easy prob to solve..at least thats then way i see it...as for beamers...only reason i dont like beam spammers..is because its soo easy to use..and so easy to get good at...think about it..u get anyone with some sort of strong powered beam Gallit gun,kame,sbc ect..and that beam alone...HAS sooo many ways to get in dmg..that mellee cant even come close to...if u miss with a beam..and it goes next to them fine...u can always blow it up...if u miss with mellee..u gotta try again..if they get close...u can always turn on turbo andbeam jump away with a gen beam..which takes soooooo little ki...if they get too close with mellee..u gotta use teleports/swoops to get away..and with this new ki drainage thats been raised...its ALOT harder for us mellee players to go against beamers...before..the floor glitch worked..where noone could shoot a beam from the ground and not have it explode..now u can shoot it off the ground with ease...so it has made beaming alot more easyer...before...if u beam jumped chanes are u could catch them with ssj or a few fast tele's...now...teles are limited..so u cant catch them as easuily...ki drains too fast..so thast a prob too..and the swoops are slower...so that aswell makes it harder..your best bet is chain swooping..but that takes too long..so u never get to them...Beamers just have the advantage in 1.2....so thats why i think its more popular now..its easyer to learn then mellee..and it gets more kills faster..since u can kill multiple targets with a beam..and only 1 person at a time with mellee..as for me personally..i despise beam spammers..and theres nothing i hate worse then being in a fight..and being beamed in the back by some noob..i think they should all die..>=D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Theres no such things as noobs, its just an excuse to either call people for being better/worse than yourself, OR an excuse for being beaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom