Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOT...

I think a sword would just break through a pen<_<

I was bored, and made this.... lol just a simple sword, i had a beatifull refference of connan the barbarian sword but i messed up and i just went on with my own simple imagination.. i know its not much..

But i'm getting better and better in 3dsmax, to bad homework is keeping me from messing with it >_<

oh well...

C&C if possible "hides for cover :eek:"

p.s, i am trying to skin it, so i might upload a skinned version, if i know how to skin properly :p, after that i import it into the game "morrowind"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
much much better than ur saiyman, how about adding a larger tip to the sword?

JTR

Best answers
Not to bad.. Try adding some smoothing groups to slip the grip and sword and so...
And give it a sharper tip... ;)

Best answers
Awww.. I though you where doing a redmage (from the title). The sword looks nice, but the tip looks blunt. Give it a tip (unless you intended it to be blunt.) and it will be better.

Best answers
It looks nice but i think there is poly wastage, i dont think a cylinder needs that much sides but its a sword so :) Add some smoothing groups and sharpen that tip then skinmap and skin it :)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks guys,

Yeah the tip can easily be made sharper, you see its sharp but at the site it doesn't look that way, but you'r right, l now its like a lego sword :p

And about the poly wastage at the handle/cylinder, you are so right about that, but i intend giving it some more, detail, its not done yet..

Anyways, Thanks allot for the C&C, i apreciate it. :)

Now off to skin it... after some tweaking...^^

Best answers
ok man good luck with that :) Maybe you can do a chrome skin for the blade? That would look awesome :)

And since you seem to know the tools of max, maybe you should try modelling some animie character for your next project :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the_reckoning said:
ok man good luck with that :) Maybe you can do a chrome skin for the blade? That would look awesome :)

And since you seem to know the tools of max, maybe you should try modelling some animie character for your next project :)

the modeling world doesnt revolve around anime you know :rolleyes:

looks like an impressive start :) if you want to get a nice metal material. choose an unused material slot, set its specular value to about 380-ish. and set its glossiness to arround 15. this will give it a really nice metal effect. you can also change the colour of those values to give it a metallic hue of your choice :)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the tip and comment Allmighty Gir, ^^

Here are some more pictures, i tweaked it a little,

Meh, not much of a change, but i like it better this way... off to skinning now!

And since you seem to know the tools of max, maybe you should try modelling some animie character for your next project
Maybe, maybe not, who knows? we'll see...

**edit**

Saaweeeeet!!! that metal thing works Gir!! thanks a bunch! its awsome :)

**edit numbo 2** heck i know but editing is better then double posting eh?

So, i coloured it using tips from GIR.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol the peni$ stronger ( annyone who waches or downloads the saterday night live shows will know what i mean) prity high polly sswordeh youz got here

Best answers
Looks nice :) Do you reckon you could add some texture to the brown part of the handle, looks a bit plain right now.. nice work :)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i wanted to skin it but something happened wich i can't seem to find out how it happened...

The arrows wich you use to move a poly and scale are gone!... lol there is probably a hotkey to get it back, but i don't know wich :(

oh well.... wouldn't mind though if some fellow 3dsmax user tells me how to get it back o_o

Here, its a very simple wallpaper/picture of the updated version, not skinned yet..., but i will once i find out how to get the move arrows back ;)

**edit**

never mind, i found out what i did.. and i found out there isn't a TES converter for 3dsmax 7 anymore :(

So i gues i just make another sword.. for fun.. well if someone is bored and wants to skin, you can, i just have to upload it first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom