Best answers
C18's buddies could be:
  1. C17;
  2. C16;
  3. Krillin.
Lawl.

Best answers
haha yeah make Krillin part of the Android team! :lol:

Well the way I look at it, the only reason you'd distinguish between Gohan, Piccolo, and Krillin and the Ginyu Force/Androids is that they're Good guys and have a more important role in the storyline. As far as comparative power goes, if either of these two partnerships lasted more than 1 saga at a time, they would've become stronger and more relevant to the storyline.

I know that Gohan is the most contested character of the trio in this case, which is why I thought of him as more of the late game character of the three.

I'll make a thread later when I have some time highlighting their potentials beginning, middle, and late game, and how they will each be played throughout the course. If you look at them as never progressing and being the same throughout the whole gameplay, then yes, it would be a downgrade. If they each upgrade differently and mesh well together, it makes playing them together more interesting.

And keep in mind here, I'm not saying to pair Goku and Vegeta. If anything, these are the most reasonable characters to partner up based on how effective they are in combat.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Piccolo was more powerful than the all sayians in some way or another for most of dbz up to the perfect cell arc, that's when he fell behind, but he fought plenty of battles without gohan or krillin around, some of his better battles I might add, such as imperfect cell and android 17.

Buddy's are intended as an alternative to transformations, Gohan and Piccolo; one may argue even krillin, all have transformations. They are not merely a bundling of people who fight together, since relatively speaking the ginyu force fought one at a time until goku turned up, and the androids also fought one by one. They are there to make those characters with no way of increasing their stats to have a better chance against say an ssj3 goku.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like Dave said. Better partners for Krillin would be Yamcha and Tien

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So make Krillin's buddies Yamcha and Tien. It's still better than a transformation for a character that actually shouldn't be able to transform in any way.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ye USH KRILLIN AKA ultra super human xD

Best answers
Ok I can understand that the buddy system was initially made for characters that had no transformations. I can completely understand where the idea originated from. I guess the way I'm looking at it from is more so comparative power. You said Piccolo was stronger than many saiyajins, and that's true, but is his max power level anything in comparison to SSJ2, 3, Kid Buu, Perfect Cell, etc? I suppose it's not a huge stretch to fill that gap with some minor bonus.

Teen Gohan could be a stand-alone character without a doubt, sure. He hit SSJ2 after all, which was the highest tier for the Cell saga. But in the Buu saga, he's an adult, and his teen character doesn't carry over. Again, in the max scheme of things, an initial SSJ2 isn't as strong as SSJ3, Kid Buu, Perfect Cell, etc. In Vegeta's case, he hit Majin.

I guess the biggest discrepency would be considering Trunks in this case and comparing him to Gohan. He didn't even make it to SSJ2, whereas Teen Gohan did. So this is really where untieing a knot in one place creates another one somewhere else.

Without a doubt Tien and Yamcha would be best under a buddy system with Krillin, but they're even weaker than the Ginyu Force. They'd be REALLY lame.

So okay, I can see how keeping Piccolo and Teen Gohan separate would be better for the whole roster. Having a Kid Gohan for the buddy system and keeping Teen Gohan separate would be out of the question since you'd have 3 Gohans now.

I guess the biggest set back I see is bringing Krillin up to par with even the Ginyu Force.

If the SAM went up faster fighting a higher PL character, then Krillin could be an extremely SAM bar based hero, and that might make up for it.

Anyhow, it was worth a shot considering it. Good feedback, thanks.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or we can just ignore the timeline whenw e balance them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom