Part of Universal Studios destroyed in fire

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, took down the King Kong soundstage that was part of the studio backlot tour, along with almost the whole New York scene area (where they film stuff that's supposed to look like it's in New York). I think the film vault survived though. Would be a sad day indeed if THAT had been destroyed...all those master copies, gone.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, the vault was compromised and all of the original and master copies (between 40,000 and 50,000 videos and reels in vaults) within were destroyed. They said they have duplicates though.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I found this quite distressing, although from what i heard, that despite the vault being compromised, they still had their negative vault and many duplicated offsite. Either way Im glad the loss wasnt greater.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard the clock tower from back to the future was also ruined, which sucks because that scene is freakin classic.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, the vault was compromised and all of the original and master copies (between 40,000 and 50,000 videos and reels in vaults) within were destroyed. They said they have duplicates though.
Once you duplicate an original, it's no longer an original. >_>

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Once you duplicate an original, it's no longer an original. >_>
Good thing they duplicate stuff to digital formats now. So it is just as good.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you misunderstood. I mean the original no longer exists. A duplicate is just that, a duplicate. Even an exact copy is no longer the original. Get what I'm saying?

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i think Hibiki was merely pointing out that despite losing the originals, the fact that the footage is still in existence in high quality is a positive thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom