P-Cell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you look on the side your ear goes too far back and the neck bones could be better constructed.. if you want i could post wires of my cell if you think it will help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkSniper said:
if you look on the side your ear goes too far back and the neck bones could be better constructed.. if you want i could post wires of my cell if you think it will help
yes that would help. Thank you <3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
K, I never said i was changing to Piccolo. I am still doing perfect cell. And you're right, I should start a thread when I have more of the model done.

**Update. I have some wierd shadows in there that I don't know how to get rid of... :(

It's coming along nice, I don't see what everyone is talking about really. I do have some crits though.

The long pointy...honry( o_o ) / ears things- I think they need to be a little pointier, and i think the face needs to be a little longer vertical wise. I suck at doing draw overs so I probably wouldn't help some. But it looks good.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kk, teh master nuttz is here to share his greatness

being someone who has made a perfect cell before, i know a little bit on how you should be doing things. and its quite obvious that your running into the exact same problem as i did myself when i made mine. your focusing too much on how he looks from 1 perspective, in this case the front (i concentrated on the side of mine). and the other perspective gets screwed over in the process

the end result is what you have here, a seemingly mishapen head. from his forehead down it almost looks like his face is V shaped. the human face, (and hell even cells) has definate planes. the front of the face should still be fairly flat to a point before you start building back to the jawline.

the head flap thingys also kinda bow in in the inside, not poof back out in the middle. and they are too rounded in the side view.

the purple head dome thing also needs to be round, due to the head flap thingys bowing in in the middle. looks just plain wrong

spend some more time on the face, though you may be skinning the mouth on, your still going to want to provide some actual shape for them. itd look crappy in the side view if you kept it perfectly flat, (and dont say its cuz your saving polies,.... look at the neck)

also you are really whoring the polies in areas that really REALLY dont need that amount of detail, (or show it). the neck and the head flap thingys. i bet you could HALF the polies in those areas and not tell a difference in the shaded version. the face as is also has in inconsistent polyflow around the nose, its all low poly then BAM try to even that out a little

if it was MY model id start completely over, and get the face down right before i went any further. cuz that is what draws most of the attention.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
kk, teh master nuttz is here to share his greatness

being someone who has made a perfect cell before, i know a little bit on how you should be doing things. and its quite obvious that your running into the exact same problem as i did myself when i made mine. your focusing too much on how he looks from 1 perspective, in this case the front (i concentrated on the side of mine). and the other perspective gets screwed over in the process

the end result is what you have here, a seemingly mishapen head. from his forehead down it almost looks like his face is V shaped. the human face, (and hell even cells) has definate planes. the front of the face should still be fairly flat to a point before you start building back to the jawline.

the head flap thingys also kinda bow in in the inside, not poof back out in the middle. and they are too rounded in the side view.

the purple head dome thing also needs to be round, due to the head flap thingys bowing in in the middle. looks just plain wrong

spend some more time on the face, though you may be skinning the mouth on, your still going to want to provide some actual shape for them. itd look crappy in the side view if you kept it perfectly flat, (and dont say its cuz your saving polies,.... look at the neck)

also you are really whoring the polies in areas that really REALLY dont need that amount of detail, (or show it). the neck and the head flap thingys. i bet you could HALF the polies in those areas and not tell a difference in the shaded version. the face as is also has in inconsistent polyflow around the nose, its all low poly then BAM try to even that out a little

if it was MY model id start completely over, and get the face down right before i went any further. cuz that is what draws most of the attention.
care to show your perfect cell model?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i said, i ran into the same problem as you did, its not worth the time digging for it

mine looked great from the side, but it lost ALL of that when he rotated around to the front. which is like what happens with yours, just inversed

Best answers
your chinese very good! i know english alittle. I know make a model is very hard.so good luck you and the Esf develope team.

Best answers
It is your best model so far, but model things cleanly from the start, its good to build basic then whore out your polies ( i remember saying this along time ago :p)

spend some more polies on the chin, right now it looks very sharp, the jawline should come down from the ear and the polies should flow down to the chin, i think thats how you say it, you dont need to worry about keeping your work in quads ALL the time, eg at the back of your neck, just weld all those verts up to like two rows, that should keep it clean

And you have weird shadows on your model because if you're working in editable poly mode, you can only see quads and not triangles, so if your quad is stuffed, you wont see it in flatshaded mode. by meaning its stuffed is like, just create a quad, and 1 vert back so far so its two triangles, but gmax still shows it as a quad, i think thats your problem i dunno

I hope you understand my post, its a little bit hard but ill do a drawover for you if you want :p, but your improving alot so keep going :)

offtopic: mandarin huh? learn cantoese ftw >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ReCkOninG of FirE said:
It is your best model so far, but model things cleanly from the start, its good to build basic then whore out your polies ( i remember saying this along time ago :p)

spend some more polies on the chin, right now it looks very sharp, the jawline should come down from the ear and the polies should flow down to the chin, i think thats how you say it, you dont need to worry about keeping your work in quads ALL the time, eg at the back of your neck, just weld all those verts up to like two rows, that should keep it clean

And you have weird shadows on your model because if you're working in editable poly mode, you can only see quads and not triangles, so if your quad is stuffed, you wont see it in flatshaded mode. by meaning its stuffed is like, just create a quad, and 1 vert back so far so its two triangles, but gmax still shows it as a quad, i think thats your problem i dunno

I hope you understand my post, its a little bit hard but ill do a drawover for you if you want :p, but your improving alot so keep going :)

offtopic: mandarin huh? learn cantoese ftw >_>
Thanks. I am actually working in Editable Mesh mode... If that makes any difference.

Heh, I would have thought the model in my sig would have been my best one so far :/ Oh well.

The back of the neck is far from done, I just wanted comments on my progress so I could fix problems before they become too much of a problem.

and... Mandarin ftw because it's the nations chosen dialect :p

Best answers
naah P-cell has better flow and structure, and it would only take you like 5 seconds to clean up the neck :p

no and cantonese ftw cuz i speak it :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. Lots done to the head. Polies only look a bit wierd because I wanted to get the colors in the right spot. I am starting on the body now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
like i said, i ran into the same problem as you did, its not worth the time digging for it
nuttzy = modest...or lazy? =P

http://filebase.justgamers.de/images/screenshots/404.jpg
http://www.esf-world.de/main.php?content=fileinfo&file_id=24160

the skin looks god awful on the face. i specifically meant the unskinnd version with the colored polys, cuz that one lookd awesome from the sides. but horrible from the front. element tried his best to match up both sides of it but as you can see it was prettymuch a lost cause =P -nuttz

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah =O oldschool nutt-job =O

i still think you should build the nose from fewer polies =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**Update

Reduced poly count in face. Follow Gir's advice about the nose. And basically started the torso, as you can see.

Best answers
ohh i like it, the front looks good but the side looks a little,.... strange

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the torso is taking a nice shape :) if you can spare the polies, add an extra loop below the center one, and start it in at the corner of the breast bone, scale it in a little to add some definition to his upper torso. (if i explained that badly, ill try a drawover in a lil while).

Best answers
there are way to many wasted polygons on his neck and at the top of his head. Try to fix that or it won't be pretty.

also try to pay attention to the refs, the torso need to be wider not so skinny comparing with the size of his head

keep it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
there are way to many wasted polygons on his neck and at the top of his head. Try to fix that or it won't be pretty.

also try to pay attention to the refs, the torso need to be wider not so skinny comparing with the size of his head

keep it up
K. As SA.Gohan said, a poly used to define a shape is not a wasted poly. I am defining all the muscles in his neck with the polygons used. What do you mean 'pay attention to the ref'... that's what I am doing. The torso IS the correct width actually, but thanks anyway. And... I will keep it up :)

Best answers
Growler said:
K. As SA.Gohan said, a poly used to define a shape is not a wasted poly. I am defining all the muscles in his neck with the polygons used.
The point is that you dont need to use all those tri's to define its neck, thus wasted polys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom