P-Cell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God, I haven't modeled in soo long, and it is starting to show. Anyway, to get back into modeling, I figured I'd start out with P-Cell. Here you go. (Big thanks to Skiwan for the secksah 'Perfect' Cell reference :p)

C+C please

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the face is too long in the side view, try scaling it, and put those polies to good use that are laying inside the ear.. keep at it mate

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you use any reference pictures? If it wasn't for the color scheme I'd not have a damn clue wtf you were modeling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
Did you use any reference pictures? If it wasn't for the color scheme I'd not have a damn clue wtf you were modeling.
Growler said:
(Big thanks to Skiwan for the secksah 'Perfect' Cell reference :p)
Yes, I did. And sorry it sucks so bad, I really do need to practice more.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. I think the face needs to be longer some. The eyes need to be a little bigger (length wise)

I think that's all I can really give for right now.

P.S I love your icon :p

Best answers
selects the faces he wants to colour then uses material editor

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
Thanks, but no thanks. This is an anime character, so I won't be using edgeloops. I'll be skinning the mouth anyway. Well.. have any actual crits for the model itself? hmm.

Angle Wing-
謝謝. :) wo shuo yi dian dian zhong wen :/ ni ne?
(xie xie = Thank you. :) I only speak a little mandarin Chinese :/ How about you?)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
growler, english translations if speaking to people in foreign languages please? (i dont know mandarin, only japanese/katakana, otherwise i would translate for you.)

i would say just build the nose from 2 quads on either side, with one face underneath :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**Update
I had to take out the ear. It was causing alot of wierd shadows.
anyway... I know this can pass for a piccolo/pikkon right now, but give it time :)

Best answers
ya i dont see the cell likeness now looks like piccolo kinda

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only difference i see is its coloured green and theres a neck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkSniper said:
the only difference i see is its coloured green and theres a neck.
That's cause thats the only difference there is :)

Best answers
Looks nothing ike him. How come your faces are so elongated? Scale it better.

Best answers
You should still use edge loops in anime models. It keeps it clean. (Well, it helps me keep it clean, I wouldnt know for you.)

Honestly, I dont like it very much, maybe you should work on it until you have the whole upper body completed before creating a thread.
Anyhow. The model looks a tad too pointy from the top, bring some of the verts on the side of the model foward, also, you should think about cuting some edges around the bottom the the eye then moving em forward, you dont need to, but I would say it would look somewhat better.
You using any references? Or just going off your head? ([Never mind, I didnt see your thanks david part]Hmm, since your changing to piccolo, you would either need new references... or go off your head, why dont you just stick to cell?)

Well, thats the cell ref your using? Well, (Just go back to doing cell ;x) If your staying on him, you can see the on the side the eye should be further foward.

Id like you to make this your best model so far ;]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LaHeen said:
You should still use edge loops in anime models. It keeps it clean. (Well, it helps me keep it clean, I wouldnt know for you.)

Honestly, I dont like it very much, maybe you should work on it until you have the whole upper body completed before creating a thread.
Anyhow. The model looks a tad too pointy from the top, bring some of the verts on the side of the model foward, also, you should think about cuting some edges around the bottom the the eye then moving em forward, you dont need to, but I would say it would look somewhat better.
You using any references? Or just going off your head? ([Never mind, I didnt see your thanks david part]Hmm, since your changing to piccolo, you would either need new references... or go off your head, why dont you just stick to cell?)

Well, thats the cell ref your using? Well, (Just go back to doing cell ;x) If your staying on him, you can see the on the side the eye should be further foward.

Id like you to make this your best model so far ;]

K, I never said i was changing to Piccolo. I am still doing perfect cell. And you're right, I should start a thread when I have more of the model done.

**Update. I have some wierd shadows in there that I don't know how to get rid of... :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
Don't meshsmooth the models. Add your detail in.
Shut up. Why don't you look through my post before replying... I already have non-smoothed mesh pics posted... I post the meshsmooth for fun... and I don't need edicts from you on what I should do or not do. So far all I have from you is 'Elongated face, looks nothing like him' and 'don't meshsmooth, add in your own details' Comment on the damn mesh dude and stop basing all of your comments on what you've seen from other people...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom