OTHER scouter idea.

Best answers
I read the other thread suggesting a scouter change and I just felt like sharing a different idea for a different change.

ATM, the scouther has 2 "functions".

1- Identification.
2- Radar.

My suggestion is about the radar feature, atm the radar feature shows an relay-scan type of radar, or al control tower type of radar. I suggest to change it for a plane-nose type of radar, because it would go much more into making it like it was in dbz.

Explanation: (of all this I know very little, I just know it's somewhat like this)

Radar towers do a circle scan and show into some kind of sonar-like screen, so the image is like some circle viewed from above in which you see what's in front, what's behind and what's in all directions.

Airplanes have some kind of radar emiter-receiver on the nose so the radar shows them what's in front of them, similar to just a plain mechanical eye, with a limited fov and all. In fact, it's like an additional "vision mode" made specifically to identify large flying objects as "blips".

What I mean, is that the Scouter radar function would be a bit more DB-like if it showed a frontal and-fov type of radar instead of a circling radar tower type of radar. It will also result in people no longer having eyes in the back of the head, it could add to gameplay or make it annoying, it's a matter of trying it.

Also a possibility, some characters could be made so they have scouters and some others so that they have a "ki sense" instead. The KI sense would, of course, be almost the same as the scouter just with a different look to it, like a scouter with a different skin or something. Or maybe the KI sense would be a 360 radar tower type of radar and the scouter a frontal view reader-detector radar.

Ooof, I'm feeling too lazy to go back and re-check what I wrote, I just hope I made sense. It's just an idea, you can use or discard or keep for reference, whatever you wish.

Best answers
Dont understand much bout it,
but i think u mean it should be like in DBZ??
I'd like such one ² !
anywayz, the second thing, with ki sense, that i dont understand
:(

Best answers
i understand what you are talking about and i think it would be a good idea. I rely on the scouter for seeing if i have any incoming enemies and its very easy to dodge any melee attack by just watching the scouter. if only a foward view of 90 degrees was used for the scouter instead of the 360 we have now it would make it alot easyer to get the drop on someone or avoid someone looking for you.

As for the ki sense it would be easy to do simply give everyone who used it a scouter like we have now a 360 degree sight line and skin it a little different and there you go.

Best answers
for the ki-sense idea could be instead of havin a scouter in the corner of the screen, hav boxes for plyers on screen similar to melee box but mayb a dif colour and arrows on side for plyrs off-screen, using larger arrows for more powerful plyrs, showin direction of more or less where they are.

Best answers
I dont know about this idea but It would be atleast nice if they could somehow change the method in which where it shows the power levels be more seperate to the radar view because It annoys me sometimes when its stuck on the view of someones pl for too long that you dont want to see and you cant see anyone coming in to attack you.

Best answers
Well, for a fact, the scouter is a thing that is placed in front of the eye, so the "viewer" would be seen the things in his sight, not on a corner of the field of view. A bit similar to how we see the targeting systems in combat flight simulators.

What I meant would be something that would point somehow like at which part of the screen the enemy is. For example, if the enemy is straight in front of you then you would see a dot/blip in the center of the scouter, if he is 20 degress upward from your sight, then you'd see a dot/blip a bit above the center of the scouter. It would still show you the blip even if you cant see the oponent for whatever the reason. Sort of like a crosshair, that's what I had in mind. It would, of course, help with the problem of not knowing if someone is above of below you and it will also not be a radar tower detector showing you exactly where the opponent is.

Limiting to make it frontal-only and top-sight radar would be another idea, it's not necessary to go strictly with what I had in mind.

The KI sense idea is because it's what I saw in DBZ. I think not everyone could sense KI, I think Freeza couldn't for example, but I also dont remember Klillin ever using a scouter. Well, this could make characters a bit more variying in abilities and qualities.

Best answers
i dont like that idea, i would feel i was flying in some sort of spaceshooter, and i want to be a fast asskicker

btw they always take the scouter of before the big battles so it doensnt annoy them and i think it would annoy me to and putting it off and on all the time is too much annoyance and work for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom