Orion's sig thread!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

woop new super smash bros melee sig \o/

I kinda like the bg better actually X_X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the 2nd one, the colors fit nice!

Best answers
lol orion could you make me a sig :] with domone kashu in it? thanks :]

*EDIT*+ NOO I DONT HAVE 100 POSTS!!!:cry: :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to ask for help. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could add to this? I'm stumped for ideas :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure heres my oh so appreciated crit:

Add something animeish, like, one of the girls from agct! Font is nice and so are the colours. Failing that, add some typography and it should be a nice sig ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this will probably sound dumb, but can you explain typography to me? I always get confused by what people mean by that :tired:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheee! goddamit man! your sigs kick ass! but i still got that freaky "dont leave me!" thing about my sig ^_^
about another theme you could try for a laugh.. why dont you try jthm like in my sig and sum pics here?
or happy noodle boy here?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [SAS]Orion
I know this will probably sound dumb, but can you explain typography to me? I always get confused by what people mean by that :tired:
Yeah that is pretty dumb o_O

Typeography is all the blended text. For example, small text you see in the bg of some sigs and things like that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I don't know what to make of this one, I guess its grungy, but is it too much?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Typeography is all the blended text. For example, small text you see in the bg of some sigs and things like that. [/b]
I disagree, typography is pretty much all text blended or not, and many ppl link it to the trendwhore stuff too

the new sig i s tight, not too grungy I think, just good

grtz Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah I think its too plan on the right side of it. Maybe shrink the heigt by about half?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dunno ryoko, I think its ok as it is o_O

omg new sig, drunk love hina \o/
It's been a while since I made a sig :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bg does not go with pic. text does not go with bg. Image looks dopey.
I don't like it much for those above reasons. Nothing seems to go together. Looks like 3 random things loped on top of each other.

Best answers
Just to let you all know, the girl with the big oobies...is a girl from the Dirty Pair. Heh, its a popular anime, suprised none of you recognized her and just said "That girl" or "Oo big oobies" lol. and if you look carefully, her best friend is behind her.

Just a correction.

I love ranma 1/2, funniest anime ever, and that is why I would pick the one with Onna-Ranma in it, the best so far. Though the dirty pair *_looks_* the best....

*shrug* They're alright, not the best, and lacking some originality, but you use the lack of originality to make them eye-candy-ish. Meaning, they may lack originality, but you mask it well, and make them look good.

If you get confused on what I mean by originality, is that I've seen those effects before, in the 5 yrs of being in this field.

I hope some of this helps for you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks, and I do get what you mean, I think oO
Anyway, those dirty pair pictures are from the updated version, dirty pair flash :) You were really close tho :D Their names are Kei and Yuri, Kei having the "big boobies" :p

Just to point something out, I am in no way defending myself from your critisims, i'm stating what I think. I appreciate all the crits I get :)
When talking about originality, you could also argue that almost everything has been done before by somebody, and that there is very little originality left in the world. However, I am a fairly new artist and am bound to repeat things other people have done before me.

Don't get me wrong though (and I can't stop saying this :X) I do understand your comments and I do agree with them. Thanks for taking the time to share them with me :)

Best answers
Don't worry , no defense represented, I am just pointing out and trying to send you in the right direction. I've seen so many talented artists go through, with styles done before and they end up going in a ditch and not ending up where they want to. I know what your talking about with Dirty Pair. Been a while though so I was confused on which, flash or the original.

My style always changes, I dont have a style but an overall theme, emotions. So I may have images that are done by people, but not the meaning behind them. No single image I have made, has had a "style" to it except 2d art or typography.

Remember, I am always here to help and try to send aspiring artist's like yourself, in the right direction. Sometimes, the only way to do that, is to tell you straight out from time to time. Get what I mean?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I totally understand what you mean, and I agree that I do need help, and pretty often too o_O
The problem with me is that I go into a sig not thinking what I want to make, but only what i feel like doing. This means that my sigs and stuff vary widly in effort, as you can probably see.

I also have been lacking inspiration for quite some time now, and this only serves as an annoyance. I tend to work with styles, and once I find a style I like, stick to it until I find a better one. This makes for periods where my work looks the same. I know it's a horrible habit to get into, but I find myself stuck in it :X

Oh, no worries about the dirty pair thing, your point reminded me that a lot of people were saying "that girl" so I thought i'd explain it for everyone else :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you seem to always use some type of blur in your sigs but you make themlook nice
i dont know waht to say except i dont really like that wierd font

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm.
I havn't made any sigs for an absolute age now, because i've just not felt like doing any. I think its due to a lack of inspiration.
I had to make a sig of the new zelda game, wind waker, because it owns so much :)
So heres my rather simple sig:

What do you people think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom