Orange-ness!

Best answers
o.0 i think its looks seksi, though if i dont compare ssj1 and ssj2 i wouldnt see the differnce..anyway with the ssj3, the face really does like goku, the other forms it doesnt for some weird reason, i think it might be cuz of the realistic mouth or it might be the animie eyebrows, im not sure

Some chunks of ssj3 hair look kinda blocky at the front view but we all know its hard to get ssj3 hair to look right from those perspectives :p

I still have some more critz but im sure you dont need to hear em, anyway good job again ^^

DMW

Best answers
Its Awesome,really like the skin on the ssj hair.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt use any refs scince i finished with my blue gi goku, i just use the manga i have for reference when i want to see how something looks.

I gotta change the spikes for ssj2, its just last time i got criticised for having them too curved inwards, there's no change in the bone structure between ssj1 and ssj2, its just his brow is brought down further to make the eyes more narrow.

About the face... i havent a clue what to do, ive tried my best to make it look right in all views, Ive probably spent 30 hours + working on the faces alone, but aparently im not getting it right, can somebody do a drawover?

Btw Dendza, What do you mean by rough style? could you explain a little better? i like crits, but when you told me to make the gi more orange but i didnt like it, plus ive also explained about the different colours used throughout the series. The darker orange looks better imo.

I'll work on the colour depth next time i model something, because at the moment, i really dont feel like redoing 90% of the skin >_<

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
by rough style I mean there are no smooth crossing throu collors (allmost like you've done it with teh pencil) well on some places...but it kinda looks good. Nvm just do what you want. And dont listen to me. I think that you will do better (a work that you'll like) without my critics. Keep it up and why the hell is you offline all teh time :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
Dont get much better than that, love the style and accuracy. My only suggestion would be to continue working your depth of colour. An enthusiastic thumbs up!
Exactly what i was going to say.

Good work David you're improving with every skin.

Best answers
the model is good... it has an extra hair spike and the skin is too orange .. but otherwise its very good :p gj

Best answers

Its a shame, colour depth wouldnt take very long to improve on and the skin (in terms of style and anime likeness) is one of the best I've seen. I know pants are hard to skin but I think you might want to rethink the folding. I did a quicky paint to demonstrate how "I" would do pants (dont mean its right). Added a few extra highs and lows too as an indication of what I meant.

Best answers
As everyone said, lovely work!

But something about the outline of the eye bugs me...it's too obvious. Maybe you should make the lines around his eyes a little more subtle?

my 2 cents...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice paint over ^_^ i notice some of the changes you made to the flesh, they look very nice, i understand what you're saying about the colour depth, but for me, keeping the colours consistant and smooth enough whilst working on a skin is very hard, That kind of change i'd need to work for hours on, and then transfer it so it looks right for each form. Also, i think the highlights that you used make it look a bit too yellow, and that was one of the things i didnt like while skinning. I'll give it a go though, but i cant say its gonna be easy >_<... I dont think the trouser folds need changing though, basically those are the standard folds from the front of dbz characters, though it changes from picture to picture those are the main ones, i cudnt add anymore without it looking both crowded and wrong from the side view, imo if any folds need to be redone its the ones at the back >_<

Best answers
I think it would be fairly mad too keep it out of ESF given the standard of it. Once Goku is a working MDL place your skin on and see how it looks in game. I bet with some contrast tweaks and some more depth it will r0ck j00 b0x0rz. I've always found accuracy pwnz painting ability, and this is a prime example of that in practice, not loads of texture working but the lines are bang on. Regarding the highlights, I personally pick highlights which offset from the base colour eg. yellow highlights for orange base, purple highs for blue base. Its just taste, just use a brighter shade of orange along the same spectrum as the base. Or just do your highs, desaturate then overlay with your base colour.

Best answers
The bangs on the front of his head should cast shadow on the forehead, i cant seem to find it on your skin.
and nice paintover Raven Blade!

edit

teknik rofl, i was talking to you on msn and accidently typed your name there =p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't me bro, I was doing a color depth paintover but since RB already done one no point :).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and now for the ghey'est form that ever was created! SSJ4 :O

henjoy :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone's been busy o_O.

Very nice, but for some strange reason, your SSJ4 skin looks fresher than your other skin tones.

Also, the fur looks a bit grainy (but maybe because its fur O_O).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, ive changed the flesh tones on all of em ;) i worked out, that just adding highlights made all that yellowness go away, i didnt need to change the colours just add more highlights :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as great as it is, (and it is...) i still dont like ssj4 =/

Best answers
Yup the flesh looks a lot more vivid now.

Personally i don't hate ssj4 it's about the only thing about gt that is "ok", ofcourse that's a given because that's the only thing toriyama helped create for the show.

The ***est thing ever created was definetely without a doubt : gt "boyscout" trunks, and his like ****ing 20 years old or something.

I do have one little crit: the start of his tail seems a little bit to thin to mee. You should just thicken the whole tail all together.

Oh and have you made any edits to the previous models like ssj2 perhaps?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i have edited all previous forms in different ways, the skintone has been changed in all of them, and i've done many edits to the hair and face structure, and uvmaps and stuff, i spend an hour or so a day looking at them and seeing what's wrong, i find leaving it and coming back to it a day later you notice more mistakes that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom