Open Challange

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never done this before so I'd like a little match for fun ya know? So if someone wants to have a quick little match, it would be greatly appreciated.

I got a bio, and I'm very interested in this.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay! Well all we need now is a ref. Someone get in here quick!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll ref this match for you two, remember that because the rep system is disbandend, you will have to wait for the next system to be brought in until you can sort out your rewards, ;o

Righty, Tonights venue will be... a giant funhouse in the middle of a closed carnival, so there will be lots of random rides about like mirror houses. let the fun and ride destroying begin! :eek:

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
smack talk...

---

Ya ya, whatever Veji, I'm surprised you still come around these parts... After getting owned so many times. Ah well, another beating must be what you are after.

---

EDIT: Alright, Lawn is cut, you can continue the smack talk and we can get the party started

Best answers
Sure, I've lost many a time, but considering I've always faced high ranking warriors only, I have yet to prove myself.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As Owa stepped through the carnival's entrance he looked around, and drew in a deep breathe. Immediatly the smell of popcorn, and that metallic smell only carnival rides can produce hit him. Along with the low hum of the neon-lights he was brought back instantly to his child hood.
It was almost as if he were six again. Such wonderful Nostalgia.

Peering around at the rides Owa noticed that besides him, no one else was here. what the hell? Owa thought It is friday night... Where are all the people?

Owa immediately turned to exit this place. Something far to creepy was going on, and he didn't feel like finding out exactly what that was, but as he stepped towards the exit, the gates slammed with a powerful bang then locked... click

"What the hell is going on!?" Owa screamed into the cool night air.

"No need to be so harsh..." a voice whispered from the darkness.

Owa did a complete one hundred and eighty degree turn to get a look at who owned that voice. Gazing out across the carnival grounds he saw a tall man leaning against the ferris wheel. Cigeratte in hand.

"Wh-wh-who's there?" Owa said.

"Come now Owa... You don't remember be" The man said.

"How do you know my name?"

The man moved his head to look at Owa, and took a drag from his cigeratte. The light from his smoke illuminated his face, and all of a sudden Owa knew who this man was...

"Veji!" Owa screamed.

"Congratulations boy, I was worried you'd take all night." Veji mumbled.

"What do you want?"

"You're a right to the point man aren't you? Wait, don't answer that. I'm here for a little duel. Mano a mano."

Owa let out a burst of laughter, then said "You want to challange me? Come now, you haven't even won a battle yet. Have you even won a round?"

There was a sudden change in Veji's expression as his eyes went dark. He grabbed his cigeratte and flicked it to the ground. Little sparks shot as it hit the ground. "Shut up, boy" he said "Get ready."

Owa merely stared back, making sure to glance around this little carnival-arena one last time, to pick up any information he could about his surroundings before the battle started.

Veji was only a skinny man, although tall, he hardly filled out his 6'6" frame.
He kind of looks like a carrot Owa thought. Putting a grin on his face.

A burst of energy came out of Veji, the dirt and sand of the carnival grounds billowed up, the lights illuminated in the rising muck. Without warning Owa's opponent was rushing towards him. His face had an odd disgruntled look on it. Looking around, everything seemed to slow down. Owa noticed he had two options, dodge the attack, or attempt to counter.

Countering wasn't the best option, if he got unlucky he'd get himself pinned against the gate. Without warning Owa got an idea...

Veji was no upon him, charging, faster, and closing in. Owa made a quick roll to dodge his charge. Veji hadn't time to slow down, and was now on a crash course with the gate...

Clank

His head was now lodged between two bars. This was Owa's chance. As he strode over to his trapped opponent Owa smiled.

"I bet you wish you weren't an idiot, right?" Owa said

"Shove it, kid." Veji said, and he launched his left foot back, making contact with Owa's chin. Knocking out teeth, and causing a tremendous stream of blood.

Pain erupted in Owa's skull, he grabbed his mouth and went down to his knees.

Veji now manuovered his head out of between the bars, and stared at Owa. His blood reflecting in the moonlight. Looking so pitiful. So horrible. So weak.

Veji laughed an attempted to kick Owa in the side of the head, but in a lightning fast motion, Owa moved his hand up to catch Veji's foot. Peering up to look at a startled Veji, Owa then used his freehand to launch a counter-attack into his opponents chest.

As Owa raised to his feet. Still with Veji's leg in his hand. Veji could no longer
keep balance with only one foot, and with his other foot bending incredibly to far, he toppled over. Owa continued his onslaught. Constant kicks to the midsection. Veji laid in the dirt with his hands shielding his face.

Finally, Veji managed to grab Owa's foot, and trip him. The damged had already been done however, as the blood dripped from Veji's mouth, and his eye became increasingly swollen.

Veji stumbled to his feet, and dashed further into the Carnival.

"Get back here, I'm not finished with you!" Owa screamed as he regained his composure.

"Come get me!" a terrible noise echoed from the darkness.

Owa just gazed, contemplating the recent happenings. He had to finish this, and he knew in order to do that, he'd have to go get that annyoing carrot-***.

He could be anywheres in there... he thought to himself yes, but somethings just need doing

Concentrating on the darkness of the empty carnival, he saw a movement in the shadows.

"VEJI!" he said, and made a dash into the bowls of this foresaken carnival.

It wasn't completely dark though, a few rides were still on, and the consession stands shone, with a tempting glow. Only minutes ago, he had been here for a good time. The light of the moon was a reflection on the shining metal of the rides. They appeared so daunting at night.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Veji leap into the air. He landed upon Owa's shoulders, making his body collapse under the weight.

Now, face in the dirt, with a crazy man on his back exchanging blows into his head. Owa became enraged. With a sudden burst of energy, Owa bent his legs back, and grabbed ahold of Veji's head, with an amazing amount of strength, he flicked Veji off his back, and into the ground. Head first.

Owa merely laid on the ground for a second, staring back at the gates. Veji's cigeratte still had a faint glow left in it. Pulling both hands to his chest, he did a slow, and painful pushup. Once he got that stabalized, he slid his feed into position, and stood up.

Veji was on his knees. Blood dripping, and leaving little beads on the sandy ground. They had an eerie glow in this neon light flooded arena.

Owa walked over to Veji. Reached down, and grabbed ahold of his neck. Veji could feel the pressure in his throat. Picking him up now, Owa peered into his eyes.

"pitiful..." Owa said, and tossed Veji into the fun house's gaping entrance.

Veji coughed up some blood, and got to his feet. He turned to his left,
and ran into the room of mirrors to hide, and lick his wounds.

Owa let out a chuckle and said "This will be over soon..." then stepped into
the fun house...

Best answers
Vejimaru strode into the abandoned carnival, silence pressing on his ears.

"Maybe I shouldn't have released that tiger....oh well." He shrugged.

He looked around. It was still very well lit, as the staff of the carnival hadn't taken the time to shut it down while the Tiger ran loose. All the stands were empty, not a person was to be found. Except....

"Well well well, Vejimaru."

Veji turned to see someone a fair bit shorter than himself struting toward him.

"Owa, I presume." the white haired warrior said nonchalantly.

"Who else?" Owa asked, the ****iness of his voice irritating Veji.

Vejimaru turned and strode into the abandoned funhouse, which, despite all the illumination, had a dark feeling to it. Owa, wanting to fight, ran in after him. He stopped a few feet inside. Vejimaru was nowhere to be seen. The only thing he could see was his reflection...or rather, reflections.

"This is where the fun starts." Vejimaru thought to himself, as he remembered his training in that far off land.

Owa walked slowly and cautiously through the maze of mirrors.

"Veji?" Owa said, his voice a bit higher than normal "I'm coming for you!"

Owa suddenly caught a glimpse of Vejimaru. He was just standing there, his eyes burning red. Owa couldn't move for a second. What was wrong with Veji's eyes? Suddenly, all the lights died, save for a light hanging above the center of the maze, which wasn't providing much light anyway.

"Crap..." Owa said out-loud before he could stop himself. He walked forward a bit more, and before he knew it, he was surrounded.

"Which one is me?" All the mirrors seemed to say at once.

"How can he know where he is?" Owa thought to himself as he punched at one of Vejimaru's reflections. The thin mirror shattered, but revealed the biggest surprise. Vejimaru was standing behind it, smiling evily, his eyes casting an eerie red glow.

"Boo." He said as he lunged forward at Owa, planting a fist hard in the nimble warriors stomach. Owa keeled over, coughing. Vejimaru walked back slowly, disappearing into the shadows.

"Now I'm pissed!" Owa screamed, and in a sudden burst of energy, ran forward at the spot where Vejimaru last was. To the surprise of both warriors, Owa caught Vejimaru in the gut with an outstretched fist. Taking this oportunity, Owa used the last of his momentum and thrust his knee forward straight into Vejimaru's stomach, sending him flying through mirrors and out of the funhouse. Owa stepped out of the funhouse to see Veji picking himself up off of the ground.

"You're better than I thought," He said to Owa, "But not good enough to beat me."

With that, Vejimaru appeared right in front of Owa. Before Owa could do anything, Veji had thrust his knee into Owa's gut.

"The setup..." Veji said, bringing his foot back. Owa saw what was about to happen, but before he could do anything to stop it, he found himself on the wrong end of one of Veji's famous rocket kicks. He was sent up into the air, blood falling out of his mouth to the ground below. Time seemed to slow for Owa as he began falling back down. He could see Veji, looking up at him, a smile plastered on his face, the blood stains on the ground, and then it hit him.

"He would never expect me to attack from up here..." Owa thought.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after several readings of both of your pieces, owa has to take round one.

Owa's work was much more detailed and thought out than veji's, the only thing that brought owas down was the lack of scenery usage, par the gate and floor, you never really used much of the scenery around you. Veji made that up with going straight into the rides, even so, i was left a little empty where it was cut off, if you continued it and ended round one more fittingly, it would be much better, even so, some of your detail was off, eg: "blood falling out of his mouth" could of been used much more uniquely, such as "the impact of the blow sent gouts of blood surging from between his gritted teeth".

Overall, Veji's piece was good, with decent use of the scenery and a taste of humor, but cut off way too early and ran through descriptions to quickly, all you need to do in round 2 is be more descriptive with pieces like above and try to cut off at a more appropriate time. Owas work was good too, with long detailed sentences and well layed out speech, but lacking in scenery use, all you need to do is be more creative with the scenery.

Either way, im looking forward to an interesting round two from you both, so get started! :eek:

Best answers
Vejimaru stumbled into the fun house, a dark building full of horrors of the mind. He fell forward only to be stopped by himself...a reflection. Veji realized that he was in the mirror maze section of the fun house.

"I'd have an advantage here...if only I weren't in this condition. I need to recooperate..."

With that, he stumbled through the maze, finding his way perfectly thanks to his Eyes of Destruction.

Owa didn't find it so easy.

---------------------

"Great...I'm lost" Owa said to himself, hearing his voice echo off of the lifeless walls. He had been in the mirror maze for the good part of an hour, not being able to find his way out. The only advantage was that he was in top form once again. Of course, everything can be a double-sided sword. Veji was also fully recovered.

"Where to go..." Owa said, before sensing a large amount of energy heading his way. He threw himself to the ground, just in time to avoid a powerful energy ball that tore through the mirrors around him. He drew his hands around his head, not wanting to get injured by the lethal daggers that were the shards of flying glass.

"Well," he said as he got up, "At least now I know where to go."

He strode through the path that the energy ball had carved through the maze and out the other side of the fun house. He felt the soft grass underneath his feet and noticed that this area was brighter than the other areas. Then he saw the Ferris Wheel. It wasn't moving, but its vast amount of neon lights gave spread a decent amount of light onto the area. Atop the wheel was the white dragon, arms crossed, showing no sign of injury.

"Well, round 2 begins." He said as Owa leapt onto the car closest to the ground and started making his way up. Veji leapt down onto the cart one down and slammed his palm into its roof. A red pentagram, flared by odd kanji, spread from where his palm hit and glowed faintly.

"Summoning No Jutsu...PSYCHO CLOWNS!" The white dragon roared as two twisted looking clowns rose out of the roof of the car. Veji pointed at Owa and the clowns dashed down to begin their horrifying assault.

"What the hell?!?!?!" Owa asked himself as he ducked under the staff of one of the clowns. In his crouched position, he saw that the other clown was coming down with one hell of a large axe. He rolled to the side as the car he was on was cleaved in two, planted his right hand on the ground, and thrust both of his feet into the clown's head, knocking it clean off.

"What?"

Owa was momentarily stunned by this happening, chance enough for the other clown to attack. It brought its staff down hard in Owa's side, causing him to cough up blood.

"That is the only attack you'll land on me from here on OUT!" the agile warrior roared as he jumped to his feet. Not taking any shortcuts, Owa drew back his fist and slammed it straight into the clown's jaw, removing its head from its shoulders. He barely had time to celebrate before the white tiger was bearing down on him. He leapt down another car as Veji slammed into the one he was on, going clean through the roof. Owa dropped into a defensive stance, expecting Vejimaru to come out the side of the car at him. He didn't expect fireworks. The moment the windows started to glow, Owa knew he had to get away from the car he was on. He made one increadible leap off of the side of the car down to the ground, more than 100 feet down. He rolled as he landed so not to hurt any vital limbs. He looked up just as the car Veji was in exploded violently. As the smoke cleared, Owa could make out Vejimaru floating in the air, arms outstretched to his sides. Not taking time to rest, Owa knew Vejimaru was going to attack head on, and dropped into a fighting stance. Veji, just as expected, came down at suicidal speeds, foot outstretched. Owa leapt back and the white tiger slammed into the ground, sending up a shower of mud and turf. Veji sprung right out of the crater at Owa, and the two exchanged blows, neither gaining any ground on the other.

"This guy...is better than I thought..." Owa told himself.

Owa was doing well until he fell for a false punch from Veji. He drew his arms infront of his face, leaving his chest and gut wide open. Vejimaru didn't need to be told when an oppurtunity arises. He attacked both spots at the same time, landing a fierce punch in Owa's gut and slamming his other fist into his chest. Owa was knocked clean off of his feet.

"At least I'll be able to recover in the air." He thought to himself. But it was not to be that way.

Veji appeared below him and thrust both feet into the center of Owa's back, sending him vertically up. Vejimaru appeared next to Owa and landed a powerful axe kick in his stomach, before appearing above him and landing a powerful downward spin kick on his chest. Owa slammed into the soft ground at high speed, leaving an imprint several feet deep.

Vejimaru touched down just in time for Owa to leap out of the ground and land a vicious uppercut on his jaw. The white dragon flew back a few feet, blood leaving a sick sort of marker to how he had flown. As Veji hit the ground, he planted his hand and flipped over to his feet, only to see Owa standing, clearly having found a second wind.

"Let's Go"

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Owa stepped into the fun house, and entered a room with Clown faces painted across the walls. Muilti-colored lights blinked erraticly on the walls, with a light fog at about knee height. The room was dark, even with the blinking lights, and had three doors. One being the entrance, another to the rightside of the room, and another on the leftside. Owa followed his opponent,
and went left.

The rotting floor boards creeked as he walked, and knew that this would be a dis-adavantage, as well as an advantage.

As Owa entered the room of mirrors he glanced around. The room was circular, and the walls, and roof were mirrors. Mirrors also were alligned all across the room in a spazmatic, yet syncronised fashion.

Where is he Owa thought come out, come out, wherever you are...

Owa turned to his right, and went into the maze of reflections. A light
fog was also surrounding the floor in this room, and a thin row of blinking lights
on the floor were lighting his way.

"Here I am" Veji's voice grumbled, and without warning he burst through a mirror.

Owa was forced to dodge his attackers blows. Veji came through with a flurry of punches, but Owa blocked or dodged each one. Veji stopped, and twirrled into a roundhouse kick. Owa ducked, just in time to feel the foot graze across his head. Owa quickly countered with an upper cut, but Veji's hand was quicker and grabbed it before any damage could be done. Owa jumped up into the air, and thrusted his feet into the chest of Veji, knocking him backwards.

Veji stumbled, then charged Owa, whom was not prepared for this quick counter-attack. Two fists hit Owa, one in the mouth, and one square in his chest. Owa gave out a struggled sigh, and fell backwards into many shards of glass. slicing open his back.

Aim to maim Owa thought.

Jumping to his feet, he stared at Veji. Veji stared back... Each man judging the other. How much strength could each opponent have left?

Breaking the deadlock, Owa charged and dove, but Veji side-stepped in time to evade the attack. Owa crashed into a mirror with a bang and the mirror shattered. His mouth was bleeding again, and beads of blood were forming stains on the back of his shirt from falling onto the glass shards.

Owa got to his knees, and stared down at the floor, thinking about what he could do to finish this... Here, and now.

As Owa looked at the floor boards, he noticed a piece of broken glass a glass dagger... Owa thought. He picked it up, and held it in his bloodied hands.

A voice from behind him spoke "All out of steam are we?"

With sudden energy, Owa jumped to his feet, and turned quickly, throwing the piece of glass towards his opponent, his enemy, the threat. "Not at all" Owa said.

The piece of glass burst into Veji's stomach with a loud pop sound. Blood started to gush from his stomach with immense force. Veji had a stunned, horrified look upon his face. Shock, surprise, and horror. Stumbling backwards, he fell through an empty mirror frame, and onto the floor. The glass shards on the floor sliced into his back, and he let out a terrible scream.

With Veji down, Owa just stared for a few moments. Regaining his composure. He walked to the motionless body of Veji... with hopes that this was all over.

Crack... crack... crack

The glass shattered under his feet as he walked, and as he came closer Veji's body, his hopes were shattered as Veji rolled over, and climbed to his feet.

With his back to Owa he spoke. "Nice shot... *****..."

"WHY CAN'T YOU BE STOPPED?" Owa screamed and ran towards Veji.

Veji turned around with a surprising amount of speed for a man who was just stabbed. He pulled back his fist, and as Owa neared he swung. hitting Owa directly upon the noise. The blood from Owa's noise gushed in an amazing fashion. It poured onto the floor like a fountain.

broken he thought.

Stumbling backwards, he fell against the wall of mirrors, and leaned there with his hands on his face, trying to stop the bleeding. His hands were covered in the warm red stuff.

Veji bent down, and picked up a glass piece. The light reflected off it as Veji stared at it. Owa's opponent was now laughing like a mad-man. Just stareing.

What the hell is wrong with him? Did I knock his ****ing brains out? he thought.

Almost as if he had heard these thoughts, Veji swiftly brought the glass up into the air like a knife, and charged his opponent. The glass under his feet shattered as he ran. The mirrors recorded his every move in real-time.

Owa had no time to react, and Veji brought the glass into Owa's shoulder. As it entered with a pop, and squish, the blood started to spray out of his shoulder. covering Veji's face, and inhibiting his sight.

Both warriors laid against the mirror wall as blood sprayed everywheres. Covering the walls like it were a sluaghter house, and covering their faces as if they were tribal men. A bloody war paint.

"Bastard" Owa screamed as he grabbed ahold of Veji's head, and slammed it into the mirror wall. The glass on the mirror did not break at first, but after four or five hits the glass suddenly shattered, and sent pieces into Veji's eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks, and forhead. Veji was now screaming in terrible pain, his world started to go black and he passed out.

Owa let his body drop to the floor, and it started to have spasms. Owa grinned, as he stepped over the body, and went to the direction of the door.

Crack... crack... crack under his feet, as he limped across the floor.

Turning to look at his opponent, and the mess they left in the room he almost
felt pity for this little man, he has tried, but has yet to achieve victory...
maybe someday... owa pondered as he stepped out of the room for good.

---

Veji regained conscience after about 15 minutes. He laid in his bloodied body, and shattered ego.

All he could say was "...A lunge, and a feint... a parry to late..." and then he blacked out again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me claps

great round from both of you guys, but once again owa picks up the round and wins the match.

Veji's piece was very impressive, he did what i said, but even so, it seemed that he just wrote and wrote without planning what happened, it never really developed into anything and there both still as good as round one, if you had a key point happen in that one, eg the place blowing up, someone losing a limb or somthing along that line, it would of been good. also, you left it a little bit early again, though it dosnt matter.

Owa's piece is very inspiring and impressive, once again you worked on dramatic imagery and portreyed it very well throughout it, the final bought in the mirror house cleaned up all of my crits from last time, as you used the available scenery much more.

overall, both combatants were impressive, if veji had worked around a single idea of somthing importent happening in this round and worked a little longer on detail, it would of been a round three for sure, but for now its owas title.

I'll hope to see another battle from you two soon :0)

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woot, first victory. Thanks Shijing

And thanks Veji. When I read your round 2 story I knew I'd have to put forth my best effort. Good luck winning the current battles you are in! I know you can do it.

Best answers
Thanks Owa. I must admit I didn't put my best effort into it, so it seemed natural that you should win. I want to fight you again sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom