open beta updates

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
why not updating esf true steam, like counter strike does and other games, no need for downloading patches then?
Counter-Strike is owned by Valve, so hence the patches downloads straight away from steam itself. Same counts for all the other games. But there are games that Steam / Valve does not really own, but they are managed through Steam. Wish that would be true, but you can't add games through Steam for it to be patched. Even though, that would be a nice feature to have.

Best answers
hopefully on the next update we could see some stuff happening with the melee and the animations

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the melee system is very complicated to code i guess...

Best answers
what is up whit the update the last update was for 1 mounth?
will be tere e new update ?(sorry for the bad english)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when it's done i suppose :\
Perhaps the greatest ESF release based words.

I have something to say all which extends the fact about if an update doesn't do much after 2 weeks.

What would happen if say ESF loaded really slowly or came up with errors all day long. Is this a nice update? Oh and Cell is 45% animated too. But his animations screw up his model making him really tall. (Just like SV's 1.1 Goten in 1.3!)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what I'd like? For them to stop updating completely. To take their time until they release the final version. This whole Open Beta thing was a bad idea, now instead of "When will 1.3 be released?" now it's "When will update be released?" and there's more of them. I don't even play ESF anymore so whether an update comes out or not is irrelevant to me.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what I'd like? For them to stop updating completely. To take their time until they release the final version. This whole Open Beta thing was a bad idea, now instead of "When will 1.3 be released?" now it's "When will update be released?" and there's more of them. I don't even play ESF anymore so whether an update comes out or not is irrelevant to me.
in my opinion,yes,it's not such a good idea with the whole open beta stuff.
in the future maybe the team should just show what progress they have done lately but not give it to download.And when it's done,it's done! :(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The every "2 week" update is not really a bad thing, the only reason why it has not been released because the lack of updates within the inteam. So what you have to wait a few weeks more? The updates will come, you don't have to worry about that. All you will get is within these 2 extra weeks is more updates and perhaps new features as well.

The Open Beta itself is good for public testing, more testing will be done that way and more bugs gets reported. What does this means? Sooner updates (for inteam and both public) and the faster v1.3 will be completed. It's just the way how you think of it. The team has enough on their mind, and they can't work on ESF 24/7 as they have a life as well.

If they don't release an update with the "2 weeks" update, just wait another 1 or 2 weeks.. Just deal with it :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom