Open Beta Torrent Seeding

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All right, guys. I know you're all itching to try the new beta and whatnot, but we really need to get some people seeding this torrent so everyone can play. Looking at it now, I'm seeing 11 seeds. That means for the most part, only 11 ppl are providing the vast majority of bandwidth from which everyone is downloading. It'd be nice if we had a LOT more people for this. So I'm asking that if you're downloading the beta, why not wait a while to play and leave the torrent up for a good while after it's finished so others can have the same opportunity as you. I'm gonna clone this post in the Open Beta Forum.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Don't Worry.

when i'm done torrenting ill seed and make filefront+ra-pid-sh-a-re mirros.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All right, guys. I know you're all itching to try the new beta and whatnot, but we really need to get some people seeding this torrent so everyone can play. Looking at it now, I'm seeing 11 seeds. That means for the most part, only 11 ppl are providing the vast majority of bandwidth from which everyone is downloading. It'd be nice if we had a LOT more people for this. So I'm asking that if you're downloading the beta, why not wait a while to play and leave the torrent up for a good while after it's finished so others can have the same opportunity as you. I'm gonna clone this post in the Open Beta Forum.

-Karrde-
Am I aloud to upload this torrent to meganova etc.?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd imagine so. It's a public release, so I rather doubt the team cares by what means it gets out :p So long as they don't have to burn very pricey bandwidth on it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I used about an hour of my time at a net cafe to seed the open beta while I was playing cs on lan...

Best answers
i don't know how to use torrents :p so i'll just wait for mirrors if any.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there's allready a mirror for it hl2files (Good damn pears there's practycly no one)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am I aloud to upload this torrent to meganova etc.?
I don't think we could really 'stop' you in uploading it to there, but keep in mind that we're going to be releasing a new version every 2 weeks. I don't think it's really worth the effort, but you can. Hopefully for the next release we'll have our own tracker Greg is suppose to setup for us.

there's allready a mirror for it hl2files (Good damn pears there's practycly no one)
My client says 34 seeds and 48 peers... Uploading at 1.2 MB/s still, uploaded 12.5 GB -_-

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wish I had more than 45 k/sec up. My down pwns, but my up sucks :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Comcast (Formerly Road Runner). Most the time though I don't care since I get very nice downstream speeds :p If a server will let me take it, it's not unrealistic for me to pull 900 k/sec down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Comcast (Formerly Road Runner). Most the time though I don't care since I get very nice downstream speeds :p If a server will let me take it, it's not unrealistic for me to pull 900 k/sec down.
That's a pretty awesome speed. I'm using comcast and I haven't gotten those speeds since the first time I hooked it up to my comp.

Anyway, I'll be uploading the rest of the night. 45kb though, so its not much of a help.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well like I said, it only happens on servers that have quite the pipe.

Best answers
Well since the seeding was awesome for me I'm leaving my connection seeding throughout this morning. Decided to leave Utorrent running and warm up with the bots first. Only one crash in an hour of playing :) (although not sure what caused it) I'm loving the general feel and speed gameplay is now even if its not finished.

Best answers
Ill definately leave my torrent seeding all through the night so u dont have to worry about me. Its the least i could do

Best answers
I'll leave the torrent seeding for yall overnight. I have to download something else anyway.

Best answers
i'm dowloading very slow but after the donwload is over i just copy the file somewere else and let the main downloaded file seed/upload for everybody else ...... and the file i copyed just install it to the game and happy testing :D

CB

Best answers
my uploading speed for others im my country 1.52 mb for other peeps outside the country 45 95 kb/s

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can get really high download speeds, upload is a bit lower, currently at 140k/s uploading it for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom