One's own blasts killing oneself

Best answers
All too often I find myself killing myself when the range of my Big Bang just so happens to include me in it, or my blue attack hits someone swooping at me too close.

Since getting hit with a blue attack causes the one hit to stop swooping and plummet, effectively ruining their pace, I like to use it. And of course, it's always fun to shoot Kame's and Big Bangs and Final Flashes and what-not, but it's kind of annoying to have to fly to the other end of the map, after like 4 mil PL, to assure not killing yourself.

Now, I could use some DBZ references where one of the guys was engulfed in their own explosion to emerge unscathed to justify, but in the end it has to work in ESF before it can go in.

What I propose is turning down the damage blasts do to the launcher, unless the blast or beam has been PS'ed or BS'ed, if not nullifying it.

As I try to think of methods of abusing such a feature going in, I can't think of anything that would be so unjustified in the first place.

If someone can differ, by all means, correct my ignorance.

Best answers
This has been suggested before in other forms (I think). It would be spammed like hell whenever somebody lost. Not. Funny.

Best answers
Yeah, its a good idea but I wouldnt really care whether it gets put in or not, I like it now, but your idea sounds cool. *confused*

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been pushing for this too. I think you deserve some amount of resistance to your own attacks, but not much. I'd say 30-50%. You can say it'd be abused but people just blow themselves up now anyway. Besides, if it was only like 30% resistance it'd just be to prevent you from completely totaling yourself on accident.

Best answers
Yeah, the Boyster sounds about right.

And THe Unknown, what exactly would they spam?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
but there is one thing that you forgot
the explosion doesnt really always reaching you by the way it looks
actually its still working the way the old explosion worked(damage) just diff coding and spirites

I suggested something nice about the explosions... a long time ago
so you could see whether its hiting you or not
cause its stupid to see the new good looking explosion and get loss oh hp by it
and its also seems that its no where near you!!!
(the sugg. was - leave the explosion the way they were b4
and when it in its maximum size it shall become the new explosion!
like a supernova thingy...
<big>oh and the team still didnt fixed the fact that I get loss of hp of the explosion
even before it reached my character model!
its really not logical... that I get the same hit by the invisible shockwave(instant hit)
and same dmg by the explosion itself
if you get my point?</big>

Best answers
you know what... the explosions should have a shockwave kinda effect, getting weaker from ground zero, on out. This would be the answer to your prayers right there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom