Once and for all; Chrono Trigger opinions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm well aware that there are a lot of CT fans on this forum but I don't remember CT ever getting it's own thread. Personally, CT is the RPG for me. I've played it for the first time 10 years ago, back when it was just released and it's the only game I have ever played that's got me replaying it 10 years after that. I've lost count as to how many times I've finished it but then again, there's no reason not to. The game has a vast amount of options to fiddle with, with the techs/dual techs/triple techs with each character, the backstory of each of them, an amazing storyline with 12 endings! 12! For a SNES game! Of course, CT wouldn't be CT if it didn't house one of the best game characters ever made;

Magus;

I can go on and on about this game, but if anyone has never played it I suggest you better go find it. There's also a PSX version with added video's, but it doesn't top the original anyway. :)

Thought on Chrono Trigger?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was the first RPG I got a hold of, and I basically lost sleep and skipped meals to play it. My fav character is obviously Chrono, it was just pure ownage to do lightning 3 and watch an enemy get owned by it. My favorite part of the game was probably just chilling in the 'End of Time', the surreal ambience it had was mezmorizing. The OST to this game is mezmorizing as well, the game just ownz in all categories. I would have never gave another RPG a chance, if it wasn't for this game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't agree more. One of the themes that stuck in my head up till this day is the Zeal Theme...it's just...soothing. In fact, I'm gonna put on the OST right now. :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the Zeal Theme, the Gaurdia Forest Theme, and the Cathedral Theme.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrono Trigger is a classic. I cannot phrase that any other way. It has an amazing OST, a great story, a great array of characters, and encounters with enemies weren't completely random :)

That is, of course, not to mention that story has some great elements in it that keep you returning to see it unfold over and over again. There is a generous amount of humour, an ominous overshadowing, and plenty of branches leading to compelling character development.

In all honesty, I'm not sure how more to describe the game other than that it's a classic. It is one of the most successful games around, and for good reason.

And I will agree with Synth - Zeal Theme ftw.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jesus that game was good. Personally i liked Glenn the best :p
Only ending i remember was the one where you could walk around and stuff. And Chrono actually spoke :eek:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SM your quote of the moment...-_-

anyways, yea, the game is one of my favorites, (duh) my favorite music was the battle theme with Magus, which is why I got the name :p

and SM I'm better than Glenn, he left a long time ago! >;o

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was the first RPG that I ever completed. So it definately holds a special place in my gaming collections

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the only game I've gone through multiple times and done literally everything without using a guide or a cheat. My current + game is based off a first run I finished like 5 years ago :p

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I Played this game before I even liked RPG's. It totally changed my view on them, and overall was one of the best games ever made to this day. This game alone is a huge part of why SNES was my favorite console.

Best answers
i'm playing it, maybe a lil late but i like it and i'm a big fan since there is a chrono trigger ut2004 mod forum :) i'm even making a few rpg's with chrono trigger chars :D
anyway, the one from the snes is good... yeah, i like it and maybe it's not that bad that i'm playing it while it's old because now i can play an old game which i never knew about, i already played a lot of snes games.. and the one which always was my favorite from snes (and it still is just like chrono trigger) was secret of mana aka seiken densetsu2...
ps. i guess there never were much snes games in the netherlands right? i never saw others like ct... too bad, but i can play it now ... new challenge :)
say... why didn't magus made this thread? ;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'Cause he didn't think of it!

....and btw, I'm from the Netherlands too and the ONLY place I found it was a local videostore...after renting it a dozen or so times I went to the store to buy it only to find it stolen. I've been looking for the ORIGINAL cartridge literally for years now, but no luck.

(the cartridge at the videostore was american, you had to use a converter)

Majin_You.....I brought up the Zeal Theme :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the best stories in any game I've ever played. Monster battles that weren't random. Great music. Ability to jump to any time era and fly freely around the map. Implementation of magic that wasn't stupid and hackneyed (well, the tech combos atleast). Ye olde talking frog. There isn't much more you can ask for in a good RPG, or even a good game.

Chrono Trigger is one of the reasons why the SNES is the best console ever made.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a guy who generally doesn't like RPG's, yet I really did enjoy Chrono Trigger. I haven't played it nearly as much as some of you guys, but I do come back to it every so often, and that's saying a lot considering my general hatred towards RPG's. I dunno, Chrono Trigger just has something that sets it apart.

And ya, the Zeal Theme is quite kick ass, though it's not as good as Frog's Theme, that's #1. Oh, and the theme for the Fair squeezes into #2, now that is a catchy song.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
X said:
'Cause he didn't think of it!

....and btw, I'm from the Netherlands too and the ONLY place I found it was a local videostore...after renting it a dozen or so times I went to the store to buy it only to find it stolen. I've been looking for the ORIGINAL cartridge literally for years now, but no luck.

(the cartridge at the videostore was american, you had to use a converter)

Majin_You.....I brought up the Zeal Theme :p
Me and glenn spammed CT topics when we first joined :p

Yea, there is a CT remake being made for UT2k4, there was also " Chrono Trigger: Resurrection" but Square enix kicked it in the balls.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh but I wasn't here back then now was I? ;)

The CT Resurrection was crap anyway, it focused on remaking key scenes from CT...useless if you ask me.

Besides, why fix what's not broken?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Square Enix needs to make a Chrono Trigger game for PS3. Who agrees?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Chrono Trigger game, no remake. They'll probably end up butchering it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Synth said:
Square Enix needs to make a Chrono Trigger game for PS3. Who agrees?
One wasn't made for Ps2, and I liked Chrono Cross, alot of people hate it though...but I doubt we'll ever see another chrono game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom