Omg I made a DBZ model...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fixed the legs, yea they where a bit long. I also fixed some other things on the face that where buggin me. And like I said, the hair isn't posed correctly, I will repose it once I start skinning.

Defined the chest, cut some polys around the waist and thined him out a bit more. almost done, just want to get a few more crits then I will start skinning.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dendza, i was just thinking the same before seeing you're drawover XD

anyway =] looking nice there NT, but im affraid i dont feel the goten accuracy =[
something with his face, like ill make a drawover laterz =D busy busy atm =O

but i pretty much like the rest and damn it's good seeing you modeling a dbz char =] especialy goten =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well thats the thing I left out. I am not modeling or skinning this to be completly accurate to the anime. I left some room for realism, here is the skin so far:

about an hour of painting so far...im pooped, time for a break :D.

Best answers
NightTerror said:
Well thats the thing I left out. I am not modeling or skinning this to be completly accurate to the anime. I left some room for realism, here is the skin so far:

it looks good but i think the colors could stand to be a little more vibrant and bright,

but to tell you the truth its just not really puttin off the goten vibe to me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
it looks good but i think the colors could stand to be a little more vibrant and bright,

but to tell you the truth its just not really puttin off the goten vibe to me
Rofl, did you not read what he said? He's skinning it the way HE thinks goten would look with a more realistic twist.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow thats a suprise =O a good one though!
didnt expected a realistic twist ^_^

looks kinda cool, i like the eyes, cat shaped.
i would suggest making the nose smaller, the current nose is making him look old.
also imo you made the area between the eyebrows too dark there with the shading, soft it out. =]

anyway forget about the drawover ^_^ for a realistic skin the current face will match better =D good work so far.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
WHOA, I really like thia man!!! My only suggestion is try adding some extra hair like sideburns and stuff, it looks weird how it just goes..*POOF* and there is hair :p.

Best answers
Mymy! Very good dude! Im might just revisit my old dbz modeling days :3.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks ****ing awesome! I love the style ^_^ my only suggestion would be, that the skin has rather blueish tones, i'd throw some red and yellows in there, if you look at your own skin, notice how the shaddowed part looks blueish (in white/yellow light with a blue sky), much like your goten, but the bits in the light look more yellow and red, this is due to the light shining through the skin, look through here for the sub surface scattering part: http://itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Btw, im a little confused why u put shaddow above the eyebrows but not below them >_<

Dispite that, it looks friggin sexy ^_^ keep pimpin

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NightTerror said:

Imo the eyes look strange, he must be feeling blue I guess :(.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
either raise his eyebrows a little to this: ^_^

or, rotate his eyes a little, so they arent pointing down. and give him the cheeky goten smile!

that should fix it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I have some updates on the face. I added the extra hair around the fair, I fixed the eyes, made them less "catlike". I also gave him red yellow and blue tones around his face.

It's gettin there, this is one of my first tries to go from anime to realism, and I am not exactly great at realism :p.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eyes arn't really that big, but because its based off dbz...

Mouth seems a little wide, I read somewhere that mouths are inbetween the eyes. His ear looks strange to me as well...

One sick model and skin though, you should be proud. I was hoping for an anime skin, and look what I found ^^.

Best answers
NightTerror said:
Ok, I have some updates on the face. I added the extra hair around the fair, I fixed the eyes, made them less "catlike". I also gave him red yellow and blue tones around his face.

It's gettin there, this is one of my first tries to go from anime to realism, and I am not exactly great at realism :p.
is it just me or should his eyes be green and not blue

Best answers
Super SaiyaJin Gnome PWNZORZ Jo0 F00! Looks different, but I like the originality.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, super realistic skins aren't my favourite but it looks good though, I like it. :)

But it looks like a kid who used way to much hair gell XD

Best answers
when are you gonna change the hair?anyway i like the style.IMO this is good for a first realism skin. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom